Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I really don’t think Juggernaut is a front runner. Cannonball was in a movie and did **** in the first vote.
    Hey idk but “Im the Juggernaut b*tch” is kinda iconic
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    This actually seems better than the last two. I hope Jubilee takes it.

Jubilee's the frontrunner, I think. I liked her on X-Terminators, and that book showed her off well. But she's old hat and I want something new. Same with Dazzler. Cannonball has the same issue, but less because he's much more obscure in comparison to them. But I also like Cannonball, he's charming.

Frenzy would be a great choice: she fills the powerhouse niche; she's lesser known, but not Micromax-level unknown; she's hot; she can stand out. I've barely read about her, so I don't know enough about her personally. But putting her on the team would be a great way to reintroduce her and let me get acquainted with her.

I'm voting Prodigy simply because he's our Academy X rep, but I don't want him on the team. Synch already fills a better role in terms of powerset*, and I don't want another Year 1 Rogue on our hands. Prodigy would have the smart guy niche, being the most intelligent member of the team. But I can easily see that making up the majority of his characterization and actions, and those versions of Prodigy bore me. I like when he's also talking back, acting like a leader, strategizing, and pulling out expert fighting moves.

* I can see Prodigy having an advantage in some places, like him being able to lift secrets and info from people, rather than powers. But this would likely happen like once or twice in Duggan's run, if he doesn't just stick him behind a screen most of the time.

So yeah. I like Prodigy, but I don't like him with this team or writer. I feel like he'd just fade into the background. Unless they get rid of Scott and Jean, & let Prodigy lead. I love you, Scott. I like you, Jean. But David comes first.

No wonder we're only getting a few days to vote. We don't have a lot of shitposting potential to work with. With Surge, Monet and Firestar, there was mudslinging, drama and memes.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Have to vote for my boy Prodigy, and PRAYING that he doesn’t end up in limbo for a year if he’s not picked. The roster overall is more balanced this year, but c’mon they should have learned from Firestar and Lorna. Jubilee has the clear advantage. I’m not entirely mad at it cause I love Jubilee, but they gotta stop pretending like these votes are fair. Also wondering how Williams feels knowing that 2/4 of the X-terminators are up for grabs right after it was announced that they’d return.

Extraordinary Member

Cannonball is my favorite character from this list, but he's the one I'd least like to see the least on the main X-Men team, even with his friendship with Magik. To me his character has developed beyond the need to constantly play hero and so him going back to the X-Men would just feel like a regression. It would just bring back bad memories of what Cyclops did when X-Factor started,

Prodigy - if Duggan was writing a likeable Forge he might have been my pick. But since Duggan seems to write the current uber-smart character as an obnoxious walking deus ex machina who removes all stakes and seriousness from any situation I don't want to see him write David.

Juggernaut seems the most interesting to me, but we all know Jubilee will win. Is Marvel going to seriously try to pretend it's surprised when it does the exact same thing 3 years in a row to the exact same result?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I was torn between Frenzy and Prodidy, but felt that Joanna is the muscle the X-Men need.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

LOL, Jubilee is an elder statesman in the X-Men she should never have lost her place of pride in the team.

I vote for Cannonball, we need more Southern beaux hijinks with his best bud.

They didn't put Hellion because they feared his power. They didn't want him outvoting the long-standing characters they want to push.

Theory though: they put Jubes on the vote because they know she'd win. They can avoid criticisms about the vote-in not mattering (Polaris, Firestar) because she'll stay on the team for a while, because the team will slowly transition into something TAS-like in time for '97's release. They're just lining everything up. Meanwhile, Williams is fine with letting her or Dazzler winning, because if X-Terminators gets an ongoing, it will remove a redundant powerset, give her another character slot to work with, and provide a way to write out a character in a natural, positive way.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Um, Hi.
    I want this TEAM to exist, honestly.

But if I'm to only choose ONE -- as much as I LONG for Dazzler & Jubilee, my heart belongs to Prodigy.
    I won't be upset if Frenzy makes the cut, since SWORD is nonexistent right now(?)

Incredible Member

The big win this year will be the inevitable Secret X-Men (losers) one shot.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I was torn between Frenzy and Prodidy, but felt that Joanna is the muscle the X-Men need.
    I am voting for her only because of drama potential. She started as an enemies of Jean and Scott, then was brainwashed by Jean after the Genoshan genocide and of course the relationship she had with Scott during the Age of X.

BANNED

Wait, how does Juggernaut even qualify? Is that another retcon I've missed? Because I thought his powers all drew from Cyttorak. Or is this just nepotism?

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    They didn't put Hellion because they feared his power. They didn't want him outvoting the long-standing characters they want to push.

Theory though: they put Jubes on the vote because they know she'd win. They can avoid criticisms about the vote-in not mattering (Polaris, Firestar) because she'll stay on the team for a while, because the team will slowly transition into something TAS-like in time for '97's release. They're just lining everything up. Meanwhile, Williams is fine with letting her or Dazzler winning, because if X-Terminators gets an ongoing, it will remove a redundant powerset, give her another character slot to work with, and provide a way to write out a character in a natural, positive way.
    Yeah I'm getting that vibe. They can also avoid the complaints that they're setting up POC to not get picked by having the most obvious candidate be a POC this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Um, Hi.
    I want this TEAM to exist, honestly.

But if I'm to only choose ONE -- as much as I LONG for Dazzler & Jubilee, my heart belongs to Prodigy.
    I won't be upset if Frenzy makes the cut, since SWORD is nonexistent right now(?)
    Right?!? I honestly think they should have made Secret X-Men an ongoing that features a behind-the-scenes team of the X-Vote's losers. Though they you run the risk of it outshining the main team...

I'm honestly not too concerned about Frenzy, because I feel like Ewing won't leave her high and dry. Plus, once Red circles back to galactic politics (which I feel like it has to because, I still don't know what Storm does as the Voice of Sol) Frenzy has a clear role to play.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 01-31-2023 at 07:53 AM.

I voted Dazzler. Have always liked Ali ever since the old six-player side-scrolling X-men Arcade game with her, Cyclops, Storm, Nightcrawler, Wolverine and Colossus.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

My money is on Jubilee winning this one given how the past 2 winners have been a character who people recognize from being a major character in a television show. Really, they gotta stop including these guest star characters since it ends up skewing the vote in their favor.