Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

I’m maybe in the minority in that I don’t really care for Jubilee or Dazzler, the two front runners, although of the two I’d rather have Jubilee. My vote is going to Cannonball. He’s one of my favourite characters and it’s a shame he’s been benched for so long, especially since Sunspot is getting a showcase in X-Men Red.

I wouldn’t mind Juggernaut either, although I don’t know if/how the character has been tarnished by Legion of X
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

The fanart is poppin'.

I wish we knew who else was going to be on the team but obviously that's impossible lol. Because if it was a sure thing that Synch would remain, I'm sorry but Synch and Jubilee on a team together again is like my favorite dessert on my birthday. Still undecided though.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The fanart is poppin'.

I wish we knew who else was going to be on the team but obviously that's impossible lol. Because if it was a sure thing that Synch would be remaining, I'm sorry but Synch and Jubilee on a team together again is like my favorite dessert on my birthday. Still undecided though.
    Damn fanart folks are fast lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    At this point, as we've seen in the past two years, even if the "fan-favourite" is elected...he or she doesn't get to do much or have much development over the course of the coming "year" as an X-Man (Rogue, Polaris, Sunfire in year one. Havok, Firestar in year two) So really this is just to see which character will be underutilised during the next twelve issues.

Which makes this exercise marginally fun but utterly pointless.
    Eh, idk. Sure, they're not going to be the star of the book, but the character will get a new costume and frequent appearances (even after the book, as we've seen with Lorna). That might not do much for someone like Jubilee who is obviously going to be around regardless, but it's definitely done a lot for the other candidates and would do a lot for someone like Dazzler Prodigy or Frenzy imo.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The fanart is poppin'.

I wish we knew who else was going to be on the team but obviously that's impossible lol. Because if it was a sure thing that Synch would remain, I'm sorry but Synch and Jubilee on a team together again is like my favorite dessert on my birthday. Still undecided though.
    Synch's ex and his current one all in the same book....

Yeah that will just write itself.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Eh, idk. Sure, they're not going to be the star of the book, but the character will get a new costume and frequent appearances (even after the book, as we've seen with Lorna). That might not do much for someone like Jubilee who is obviously going to be around regardless, but it's definitely done a lot for the other candidates and would do a lot for someone like Dazzler Prodigy or Frenzy imo.
    While I don't think anyone expects them to be the stars of the book...that's for Jean and Scott and Synch...it would be nice if they actually got a meaningful story arc and some development. Firestar got an annual devoted to her so that's something at least and Forge got to invent stuff and rescue Laura for two issues but everyone else...is pretty much wallpaper or comic relief.

Sure it would do a lot for them...in other books. But what about the book they're actually voted to be in?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

IRFEB, to be honest

Plus Prodigy has gay rep.

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

Can someone help me? I’m registered on marvel.com but I don’t know how to vote this year. There are the candidates and then the campaign posters. I click on my vote dazzler and the page goes to her biography???
    THANKS

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Wait, how does Juggernaut even qualify? Is that another retcon I've missed? Because I thought his powers all drew from Cyttorak. Or is this just nepotism?
    1-He has the experience and been an X-Men before. 2-There is nothing that says it HAS to be a mutant, it has just been an unwritten assumption. 3-Throughout real world and fiction history, there have been times when an "outsider" to a group has stood up to fight for a group they are niot part of. 4-All that is required is he is willing to fight for mutantkind. I still am hopping for a Jugs/Sammy reunion. And a Black Tom/Sammy confrontation.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Juggernaut is a Krakoan citizen

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I can't decide between Dazzler, Cannonball, or Frenzy.

I'd honestly rather have Jetstream instead of Cannonball, but Cannonball has ties to space and the Shiar IG which would be useful.

Frenzy would add some diversity and it would fully redeem her character if she became a full fledged X-Man.

Dazzler would be great also. She has not had a serious X-Men role since the Outback team.

I hope Firestar stays on.
    If being a X-men is what is required to be redeemed then Frenzy was redeemed YEARS ago. During the Schism, she was on of the X-men who went with Wolverine.

I am quaking in anticipation of the nominee's outfits being designed by some of the LEADING Marvel designers please and thank you omg

Frenzy, Juggernaut or Prodigy for me, but Jubilee is probably the favorite.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

So far, the best part of the annual voting has been drawing attention to Tempo, who at least got into another book thanks to the campaigning. Otherwise, I don't think it's been that great.

Nobody too obscure this year, but since this is Fall of X timed, I'll probably choose Juggernaut so they can job him out for twelve issues.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    So far, the best part of the annual voting has been drawing attention to Tempo, who at least got into another book thanks to the campaigning. Otherwise, I don't think it's been that great.

Nobody too obscure this year, but since this is Fall of X timed, I'll probably choose Juggernaut so they can job him out for twelve issues.
    That is one of the nicer things about the vote, it does put a bit of a spotlight on more obscure characters. I wonder if the behind the scenes part is still done the same way, with the writer making the list of characters they want/are willing to write and then seeing what the fans decide?
    Dark does not mean deep.