Page 67 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667686970 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1047

The Zatanna logo in the 2010 run was terrible. What are those lines under the As supposed to mean? It looks like one of those awful PowerPoint WordArt styles.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 11-27-2023 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post

The Zatanna logo in the 2010 run was terrible. What are those lines under the As supposed to mean? It looks like one of those awful PowerPoint WordArt styles.
    Ordinals. The purpose of underlining is to balance out the color of words so that you don’t have a big white gap underneath. But it’s become an affectation in contemporary design.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/typography/...n_letters_are/

There may well be technical references back to old school typesetting abbreviations but as Metis suggests, in a contemporary sense it is more to do with creating visual interest and particularly a sense of tension or things being 'beyond the norm'. During the 90's in British design colleges we were encouraged to use type as image and challenge strict typography - influenced not least by the PUNK movement, Jamie Reid and his Sex Pistols collages. Many of us studied painting, life drawing and illustration alongside graphic design. Neville Brody expanded this with the Apple Mac toolset (the font Blur originated from a Photoshop filter effect) and later David Carson with his surf counter culture mag RayGun. Carson went so far as to set an entire editorial in Ding Bats (he didn't agree with the author's premise).

A notable mainstream application came with the popular band Mike and the Mechanics - in their logo and covers used over several years.

And you can trace this debt back to Saul Bass in the 60's and beyond that to Miro, Dada and Lautrec who blurred the lines between art, expression, graphics and type.
    https://graphicdesign.stackexchange....-such-as-n-u-o

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post

It looks fine to me.

Christmas Zee! (From the Silent Knight #1 preview)

Batman-Santa-Claus-Silent-Knight-1-6.jpg
    Last edited by Zee_Fan; 12-01-2023 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post

That's an interesting idea. I recently came across a video from Vsauce talking about Optography. It's cool to see the writer basing her unique power on some real-life stuff. Maybe Zatanna can explore other such pseudoscientific things in her own solo.

'Tis the season and Zee looks great in Holiday ware .

"It's complete drivel, unless *I* do it."

More of this Zee, please. I need a break from the something is wrong with magic so Zee can't do anything stories.

"It's complete drivel, unless *I* do it."

More of this Zee, please. I need a break from the something is wrong with magic so Zee can't do anything stories.
    I'm completely with You. Need more bold and confident Zee who actively push the story

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I definitely the weakest aspect of Zatanna's arc is that while it ultimately came down to her trying to free her father, it never really felt like it was about her or really developed her or her relationship with other characters so much as just other characters' stories in relation to her.

That and it was just repetitive, full of slideshows, and dragged out a fight that could've been resolved in one episode.
    Aye, I sad that with her personal goal She really could be an active and flawed complex character.

But nevertheless, I remember I want to share this information months ago. Apparently YJ does want to potray Sindella as blonde, just like her original design in the comic. But somehow DC weird policy demand she is depicted with black hair, a same policy I presume that withholding Zatanna's Homo Magi lore for herself

Source: Jerome K. Moore Facebook post
    �� Look at this post on Facebook
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...ibextid=CDWPTG
    Last edited by Mai Zen; 12-04-2023 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Aye, I sad that with her personal goal She really could be an active and flawed complex character.

But nevertheless, I remember I want to share this information months ago. Apparently YJ does want to potray Sindella as blonde, just like her original design in the comic. But somehow DC weird policy demand she is depicted with black hair, a same policy I presume that withholding Zatanna's Homo Magi lore for herself

I guess it doesn't matter with how she was just in slideshows but dang, even conceptually the designer realized she was barely relevant to Zatanna .

Janin is drawing Zatanna (for a book?)

Maybe they’re bringing the JLD back!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Is he is going to use that genesis 2 DAZ model to trace her again?
    Last edited by Edwin30; 12-05-2023 at 07:16 AM.

I'm kind of over the JLD as a concept but more Zee sounds good to me .

(Just don't bring back the JLD suit).

I’m a fan of Janin, so I’m curious/excited to see what this is.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Is he still drawing JSA?