Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

I just want one solo comic with good story and good art so I don't have to recommend Dini's 2010 run to anyone anymore.
    Even a one shot special would do.

Being a Zatanna fan is so hard. We finally get JLD vol2, they put Diana in the lead. Zee gets stuck with awful bangs and braid. Then Tynion and Alvaro leave to work on Batman. Ram V unceremoniously ends UDM in two issue. Then JLD gets relegated to a JL backup. Then it abruptly ends because of Dark crisis. Joshua ignores that the UDM was still inside Zee. Kills her. Fitzmartin shits out a sloppy 10 page backup. We don't get a single panel of the new costume that Dan Jurgens designed. Waid kills her again. DC puts out a big slate of the new comics they'll put out in 2023 which surprisingly has a penguin book but no JLD. That's just the comics.
    On the game front, they don't make Zee a playable character in the DCSHG Nintendo.
    On the toys front, McFarlane still hasn't put out a Zatanna figure.
    On the TV front, Greg tempts us with a Zatanna arc in Young Justice. The episodes are more focused on her proteges. Turns out she tricked them to save her dad.
    On the movie front, after months of rumors, we get confirmation that a script is being written by Emerald Fennel. Then months of silence. No news whether the movie is still being made. Then Gunn reboots DCU with no news about Zee.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 02-11-2023 at 08:44 AM.

What did you think of her in Justice League: Heroes? She was a playable character there.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    What did you think of her in Justice League: Heroes? She was a playable character there.
    Hated the voice acting especially Zatanna's but the game was alright. Played it on an emulator.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    I just want one solo comic with good story and good art so I don't have to recommend Dini's 2010 run to anyone anymore.

Being a Zatanna fan is so hard. We finally get JLD vol2, they put Diana in the lead. Zee gets stuck with awful bangs and braid. Then Tynion and Alvaro leave to work on Batman. Ram V unceremoniously ends UDM in two issue. Then JLD gets relegated to a JL backup. Then it abruptly ends because of Dark crisis. Joshua ignores that the UDM was still inside Zee. Kills her. Fitzmartin shits out a sloppy 10 page backup. We don't get a single panel of the new costume that Dan Jurgens designed. Waid kills her again. DC puts out a big slate of the new comics they'll put out in 2023 which surprisingly has a penguin book but no JLD. That's just the comics.
    On the game front, they don't make Zee a playable character in the DCSHG Nintendo.
    On the movie front, after months of rumors, we get confirmation that a script is being written by Emerald Fennel. Then months of silence. No news whether the movie is still being made. Then Gunn reboots DCU with no news about Zee.
    At least her classic look is finally back.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She looks bad in the 3 comics where she recently appeared in her classic attire. I should like the classic look but some artists really don't know how to make it look good.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 02-11-2023 at 08:16 AM.

It's a fun beat them up game if You are just a casual gamer. Obviously the game felt rushed in development and You can feel they can do it better. The story is more about a team up adventure so not much room for personal growth.

For Zatanna, she is great there. It's fun to use her even though Zee kinda overpowered tho. Her skills set is flexible ,You get strong offensive fireballs, healing and rabbit transmutation. Zatanna characterizations is kinda like her classic snazzy, fun loving adventurous Zee, so it's an enjoyable experience.

I think this video could gauge You interest. Zee cutscene start at 08:45 mark
    Last edited by Mai Zen; 02-11-2023 at 08:31 AM.

On the TV front, Greg tempts us with a Zatanna arc in Young Justice. The episodes are more focused on her proteges. Turns out she tricked them to save her dad.
    What can I say my friend, I feel that. The best that can I say is that Rome wasn't built in one day and through lot of hardships and disasters. Funnily enough I feel our fellow fans instead got more enthusiastic even though DC has failed and failed again to give us a really good Zatanna contents

Honestly the only way a Zatanna solo could happen nowadays is if she gets a megahit like the Scarlet Witch got WandaVision or if Vertigo gets revived and Constanstine gets thrown back there

She looks bad in the 3 comics where she recently appeared in her classic attire. I should like the classic look but some artists really don't know how to make it look good.
    It's still great to see it again .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The fishnets aren't the be all end all of her character.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Honestly the only way a Zatanna solo could happen nowadays is if she gets a megahit like the Scarlet Witch got WandaVision or if Vertigo gets revived and Constanstine gets thrown back there
    She needs a writer with vision and not just someone who sees her as Constantine's girlfriend. I don't think John going back to a version of Vertigo will guarantee a solo for Zatanna.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

It's not even just the fishnets, the overall look is better than the JLD outift she'd been stuck in for a while in my opinion. She looks more Zatanna again now.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    You mean appearances in multiple movies and then a TV show. Even before that Scarlet Witch had links to the Avengers and X-men. Marvel basically used her more.

Also sending Constantine back to Vertigo won't help. Zatanna wasn't being used much even when Constantine was in vertigo.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 02-11-2023 at 03:12 PM.

She needs a writer with vision and not just someone who sees her as Constantine's girlfriend. I don't think John going back to a version of Vertigo will guarantee a solo for Zatanna.
    And also an active and vigorous fanbase. I think it's also important to strengthening Zatanna image as her own character, a hypercompetent bold character with rich history and great potentials. That's why I like Your tumblr posts, also with other Zatanna fanspage at Twitter or other sites
    Last edited by Mai Zen; 02-11-2023 at 07:07 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

She needs a writer with vision and not just someone who sees her as Constantine's girlfriend.
    I don't think John going back to a version of Vertigo will guarantee a solo for Zatanna.
    There it is. The smartest thing I've read all day.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

One thing I liked about Young Justice Zatanna was the consequence of her putting on the Doctor Fate helmet.
    I liked the whole tragic situation of her father being trapped and only being allowed to come out for one hour each year.
    It was better than what we get in the comics.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 02-14-2023 at 02:59 AM.