Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I just wonder if Zatanna ever looks back at those days and cringes. "Ugh, never talk about my edgy goth phase."
    She wouldn't be the first .

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Hello, I wanted to wish a happy new year to Zatanna! Zatanna is one of my favorite DC characters. I absolutely loved her in the Young Justice series, and it's always fun seeing her magic and reading/hearing it backwards. I always geek out when she makes a guest appearance. Here's to a good 2023 for my favorite magician!
    It's nice to see more folks love the Young Justice series version, although personally I'm still stand she is still not used maximally xd. Agree Lacey Chabert voice is really cool to hear especially "etativel", it's just roll out nicely on tongue.

Anyway a good podcast about Zatanna 2010 series by The Comic Collectives and Annecomic. I just realized that it's nice to see many moments of Zatanna wearing her civvies outfit and it's kinda make her down to earth

https://open.spotify.com/episode/15D...STOPHv_uHwEUkg

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    It's nice to see more folks love the Young Justice series version, although personally I'm still stand she is still not used maximally xd. Agree Lacey Chabert voice is really cool to hear especially "etativel", it's just roll out nicely on tongue.

Anyway a good podcast about Zatanna 2010 series by The Comic Collectives and Annecomic. I just realized that it's nice to see many moments of Zatanna wearing her civvies outfit and it's kinda make her down to earth

https://open.spotify.com/episode/15D...STOPHv_uHwEUkg
    The show had a great take on Zee but they also really wasted her in general, even in her own "arc."

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    It's kind of hilarious to read older pre-Crisis stuff where Zee tried to break away from being the fishnet wearing magician who spoke backwards and look at how much she loves it now.
    *Post Crisis.

Pre Crisis Zee still used backwards magic and wore fishnets; just not as a regular superhero costume but as a stage magician and tribute to her father.

During Post Crisis; the 'Come Together' mini series Lee Mars was the one that tried to do away with the backwards magic all together and give her a different look entirely.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Dave Bullock Sketch.

DaveBullockZatanna.jpg

José Luis García-López poster for the 2019 Salón Internacional de Cómic y Manga de Donosti.
    Spot Your favorite characters xd

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So...

- Earth-69: Black Zatanna?

- Earth 200: Amazon Zatanna or Zatanna fused with Wonder Woman?

- Earth 80: Israeli Zatanna?

- Earth 30: I don't really see any major difference other than she shortened her first name, so I dunno...millennial influencer Zatanna ?

McFarlane toys push out their JLD lineup with no Zatanna.

Tweet - https://mobile.twitter.com/mcfarlane...38915754901505

This has to be the second big news to come out this year after pregnant Joker.
    I remember Todd McFarlane getting a lot of **** for saying "Female figures don't sell" a couple of days ago. Maybe this is the reason he didn't put Zatanna in.
    Even if I agree with him to a certain extent about the sale numbers, not putting in Zee in a team lineup is so stupid. Are you not gonna make female characters at all? Wonder woman line up is gonna be just Steve Trevor standing in the corner.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 01-15-2023 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So...

- Earth-69: Black Zatanna?

- Earth 200: Amazon Zatanna or Zatanna fused with Wonder Woman?

- Earth 80: Israeli Zatanna?

- Earth 30: I don't really see any major difference other than she shortened her first name, so I dunno...millennial influencer Zatanna ?
    At first I thought where You get that Israel link but then I search about Zohar and its piqued my interest xd.

Love the design of Earth-69 Zee with the candy colour scheme

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post

I remember Todd McFarlane getting a lot of **** for saying "Female figures don't sell" a couple of days ago. Maybe this is the reason he didn't put Zatanna in.
    Even if I agree with him to a certain extent about the sale numbers, not putting in Zee in a team lineup is so stupid. Are you not gonna make female characters at all? Wonder woman line up is gonna be just Steve Trevor standing in the corner.
    I feel still like its kinda weird they so openly seems against female figures. They are not putting Mera either at Aquaman characters showcase. I'm glad tho folks rallying for Zatanna in the comment. I'm sure they can't miss it

We may have reacted too early.
    The picture is from someone's Instagram account. McFarlane Toys just posted it on their Twitter page. There was no plan to push out a JLD line up. The characters on the pic already had their figures out. Somebody just posed them together.

We may have reacted too early.
    The picture is from someone's Instagram account. McFarlane Toys just posted it on their Twitter page. There was no plan to push out a JLD line up. The characters on the pic already had their figures out. Somebody just posed them together.
    Doesn't change the fact that Zatanna is the only JLD character to not have a figure.

I'm not sure I buy the "female figures don't sell" narrative he claims. Maybe for kids buying them as toys, but for adult collectors I don't think that's true. And I think of McFarlane figures being more for adult collectors than kids. Female characters seem to do quite well on the high-end statue market.

I'm totally against Todd McFarlane's narrative but this time the source of the outrage doesn't seem genuine.

I'd be angry if someone in their boardroom deliberately chose to cut of Zatanna from the JLD line up. I won't be that angry if someone innocently thought to post a fan's pic on their Twitter page.

Zee might be the only JLD to not have a figure because there was no plan to have a JLD lineup.

I wouldn't lose sleep for a Zatanna McFarlane figure. More than 33% chance it'd be some garbage design from a comic she wore once like most of his WW figures, 33% a bad design he made himself like one of his WW figures, or 33% chance just her JLD design.

Much as it sucks, if you want a Zee figure, the aftermarket for older pre-McFarlane figures is the best I can recommend at the moment.
    Last edited by Gaius; 01-15-2023 at 08:49 PM.

That's kind of like putting out a Justice League action figure line with no Batman, or at the very least Wonder Woman.

Zantanna alongside Constantine are pretty much the JLD's World's Finest. How did they drop the ball on that???