Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

I don't think there was a plan for a JLD lineup and Zatanna was intentionally left out. It just seems telling they made figures for the male characters but not the one female. And that seems to be par for the course for McFarlane. And I'm not buying that female characters don't sell. But I admit, I could be wrong.

I've got plenty of Zee figures, so I'm not losing any sleep over it. I'd probably buy one though if they made one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post
    I don't think there was a plan for a JLD lineup and Zatanna was intentionally left out. It just seems telling they made figures for the male characters but not the one female. And that seems to be par for the course for McFarlane. And I'm not buying that female characters don't sell. But I admit, I could be wrong.

I've got plenty of Zee figures, so I'm not losing any sleep over it. I'd probably buy one though if they made one.
    I can't see it being because of Zee's gender, because if they were worried about sales they could just produce a smaller amount of her action figure in comparison to the male ones, unless the production costs are high.

I've never followed McFarlane's work so I can't comment on him, but....

Zatanna would be the first action figure in that line up I'd buy, so DC's lost I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I wouldn't lose sleep for a Zatanna McFarlane figure. More than 33% chance it'd be some garbage design from a comic she wore once like most of his WW figures, 33% a bad design he made himself like one of his WW figures, or 33% chance just her JLD design.

Much as it sucks, if you want a Zee figure, the aftermarket for older pre-McFarlane figures is the best I can recommend at the moment.
    The JLD designs are bad. Won't buy it even if they made one.
    I want classic or the satellite era costume Zee

I have a static one from BTAS at home. I want one of those posable ones though.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 01-16-2023 at 08:35 AM.

Edit: Ah you guys were already talking about that. If he doesn’t want to make superheroine action figures I don’t know why DC doesn’t just license out its super heroines to another toy company to make models of.
    Last edited by Vordan; 01-16-2023 at 07:14 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'll laugh so hard if someday they come out with a Zatanna magic kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    The JLD designs are bad. Won't buy it even if they made one.
    I want classic or the satellite era costume Zee

I have a static one from BTAS at home. I want one of those posable ones though.
    Yeah, managed to score a BTAS Zee from the pre-McFarlane DC Direct line before it closed down.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, managed to score a BTAS Zee from the pre-McFarlane DC Direct line before it closed down.

Ah, yes. Bare-legged Zee. Because I guess they forgot to color in her leggings even though she makes a joke about wearing them .

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Edit: Ah you guys were already talking about that. If he doesn’t want to make superheroine action figures I don’t know why DC doesn’t just license out its super heroines to another toy company to make models of.
    Yeah, I mean I see on Marvel side, it's easier to find many characters especially the not-A lister one.

And now they nonchalantly posting another bajillion Batman figure

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ah, yes. Bare-legged Zee. Because I guess they forgot to color in her leggings even though she makes a joke about wearing them .
    Damn I really need to hunt that figure. I wonder how hard to animate fishnet leggings. I see Daphne once wear it heck even there is episode on Spongebob where Patrick wear it xd

Last edited by Mai Zen; 01-17-2023 at 03:38 PM.

I bought that BTAS Zatanna figure from DC Direct when it came out, and they sent me a Ra's one instead. Was a nightmare trying to get them to send me the correct one.

I bought that BTAS Zatanna figure from DC Direct when it came out, and they sent me a Ra's one instead. Was a nightmare trying to get them to send me the correct one.
    That kind of sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Yeah, I mean I see on Marvel side, it's easier to find many characters especially the not-A lister one.

And now they nonchalantly posting another bajillion Batman figure

Damn I really need to hunt that figure. I wonder how hard to animate fishnet leggings. I see Daphne once wear it heck even there is episode on Spongebob where Patrick wear it xd

LMAO why is scooby wearing Zee's classic outfit?

It's so nice seeing Zee pop in other books in her proper costume again !
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    LMAO why is scooby wearing Zee's classic outfit?
    We even had Velma's sister dressing like her in a movie (written by Paul Dini no less):

Is Lazarus Planet worth getting for Zee?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That kind of sucks...
    I eventually got the Zee figure, so it's all good. I ended up donating the Ra's figure to Toys for Tots or something like that. I've seen it listed for triple digits on eBay though. Doh!

Is Lazarus Planet worth getting for Zee?
    I think it's mostly cameos so far.
    I eventually got the Zee figure, so it's all good. I ended up donating the Ra's figure to Toys for Tots or something like that. I've seen it listed for triple digits on eBay though. Doh!
    Cool .

I think try to wait the event to end.
    Lazarus Omega at least giving an interesting solicit:
    LAZARUS PLANET: OMEGA #1
    ON SALE 2/21/23
    FATE AND FURY.
    "The Devil Nezha and his son are at war—with all of humanity caught in the middle! The Lazarus storms are intensifying worldwide, Earth's superheroes are on the ropes, and Batman is living on borrowed time. It's up to Zatanna, the Spectre, the Demon, Klarion, and the rest of the DCU's magic users to join Damian Wayne and set things right—but to do that, they'll have to uncover Nezha's final, explosive secret! Plus: Dreamer has rescued Doctor Fate's helmet from destruction…but why does it keep glowing like that? The Dawn of the DCU begins as the Lazarus Planet saga crashes to a close!"