Default The X-men are the most read team on Marvel Unlimited

Marvel Unlimited put out a list of their most read titles of 2022. No surprise, Spiderman was top solo hero, but the X-Men were the top team and the most read Infinity series was X-Men Unlimited. (The most read series overall was Ultimate Spiderman, for those who care.)

Well done!

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I agree. As far as I can tell, these are based on actual readership numbers. I find it interesting that the top series and the top event (original Civil War) are both from 20 years ago, more or less. That should be a wake up call to Marvel.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I agree. As far as I can tell, these are based on actual readership numbers. I find it interesting that the top series and the top event (original Civil War) are both from 20 years ago, more or less. That should be a wake up call to Marvel.
    Sounds somewhat similar to the anecdotal reports of several comic shop owners. ´
    That most of the Marvel comics they are actualy selling to people, including casualy interested people, are old copies they put in boxes for 25c - 1$ or trade paperbacks and mostly of the "classic" to older books. All while most of the new stuff is left on shelves or tables.

Which also led to complaints about Marvel not doing enough to bring out proper trades, especialy complete collections of the old long running series from before the constant #1 reboots (like Uncanny 1-400+)

So yeah classics and older material seems to draw in the most, while a lot of newer one seems to have failed to become such classics.
    Last edited by Grunty; 01-02-2023 at 12:02 PM.