Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
She F—-Ed Slam Bradley, a man old enough to be her grandfather. The only person she should be F—-ing is Batman.

The book was gritty grim noir. A Catwoman book should be an international heist/caper book like it was in the 90s.

Brubaker turned her into a goddamn Robin Hood. Selina should be stealing for herself first and foremost, followed by the thrill.

Selina was no longer luxurious or glamorous under Brubaker. She lived in an ugly apartment in the East End instead of a luxury penthouse. She also had a hideous short haircut instead of long, flowing locks.

He brought back her sleazy hooker origin which had been retconned by Catwoman Annual #2.

He brought back that trash bag Holly instead of Arizona.

I could go on but I need to chill because this list has made me livid.

A Catwoman book should be a caper book. It should be fun and irreverent, like The Italian Job meets Ocean’s Eleven. Balent’s book was like this, and Brubaker’s book was an insult to those of us who love Balent’s Sel.
Slam is a very charming and standup guy!

I think Selina can fit well into noir myself, although it wasn't that hard noir.

I get it. I don't think she should be purely heroic too, but it was a change of pace for her and her personality was still glamorous even if the setting wasn't and she had shorter hair.

I like Holly...at least Brubaker Holly.

I think Selina can fit in a variety of different tones and styles.