Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I have to agree. Brubaker and Cooke and everything they brought with them was an absolute breath of fresh air when you consider where they had to pick up from.
    I assume you’re referring to the Bronwyn Carlton run. Jim had left by then and that Carlton woman completely ruined Selina, which is why Brubaker was brought in. Brubaker also ruined Catwoman in his own way, but Carlton dealt the first blow.

Jim’s series was *chef’s kiss* and he is the only artist to draw Selina with the proper cup size.

I lean more towards a Selina with longer hair personally...

Underexposed Golden Age Catwoman would make for AMAZING cosplay in the hands of a talented costumer...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Underexposed Golden Age Catwoman would make for AMAZING cosplay in the hands of a talented costumer...
    Im surprised no one has had more fun with that version.

I could easily see a modern Selina wearing something similar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Im surprised no one has had more fun with that version.

I could easily see a modern Selina wearing something similar
    I don't think that costume even made it into the wedding dress issue .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I’ve got a soft spot for a Catwoman costume with longer hair, even as impractical as it is; I even disliked when the Balent era stuffed her hair inside her cowl, and it, Balent’s growing… exaggeration… of his style, and a slow but steady decrease in the quality of writing at the time demarcates the “fall” of the book for me.

Personally… I’d kind of like to see artists use wigs for the character both in civilian life or disguise (like in The Batman), but also in costume as Catwoman (a bit like Batwoman.)

I kind of love the idea of Catwoman putting some serious thought into how she wants to look pretty even “on the job” and maybe modifying her outfit and changing her hair for them.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    I assume you’re referring to the Bronwyn Carlton run. Jim had left by then and that Carlton woman completely ruined Selina, which is why Brubaker was brought in. Brubaker also ruined Catwoman in his own way, but Carlton dealt the first blow.
    No, I disliked all of Jim Balent's run. Brubaker was, indeed, a breath of fresh air from everything that came before starting with Balent.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    Jim’s series was *chef’s kiss* and he is the only artist to draw Selina with the proper cup size.
    You mean beach balls?

This is the only version of Selina with long hair that I ever really liked. Between Mike W. Barr and Alan Davis, this Selina could pull off this incredibly impractical look without anyone caring.

Last edited by phonogram12; 01-05-2023 at 09:40 AM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I'm used to the short hair by this point but I still don't think I understand its appeal with this particular character. People overall seem to like it though.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I like a small degree to realism in my characters but i do get a laugh that females often get critiqued for having long hair. We're in a world where Catwoman jumps buildings, uses a whip to swing around, Superman, but her fighting with long hair is where some draw the line (general, not towards anyone in here)

Extraordinary Member

I think she looks fine either way, but I tend to prefer a bit more realism in Bat's corner of the DCU and tend to be turned off by more of the outlandish elements that get brought in (except for Bat-Mite, though. Gimme Bat-Mite all day every day and DC will never lose me as a reader lol). It's just part of the appeal for me. It's the same reason I tend to roll my eyes at characters like Selina, Black Canary, and Batgirl (pick one) wearing high heels while rooftop jumping.
    Last edited by phonogram12; 01-05-2023 at 03:22 PM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I'm used to the longer hair from Returns, B:TAS, The Batman cartoon, and the 90's, but I also prefer a little more color in the catsuit too (not like full purple, but The Batman had some red and the DCAU grey and black).

It's not like her hair is even really exposed in costume compared to, say, Batgirl. It's more like how much you can buy the hair being compressed under the mask which I assume isn't completely unrealistic for women with longer hair who wear helmets and the like.

Also don't love exposed armpits.

Extraordinary Member

Also don't love exposed armpits.
    I can see why. It is a bit jarring, but seeing as I've seen this as a feature in many an action/martial arts movie since the late '90s for freedom of movement/practicality purposes, I'm totally okay with it.

I can see why. It is a bit jarring, but seeing as I've seen this as a feature in many an action/martial arts movie since the late '90s for freedom of movement/practicality purposes, I'm totally okay with it.
    I get it, but it just kind of detracts from such a clean and seamless suit with like the most random exposed skin sections.

Of course I'm there are those who are into exposed armpits .

Extraordinary Member

I get it, but it just kind of detracts from such a clean and seamless suit with like the most random exposed skin sections.

Of course I'm there are those who are into exposed armpits .
    Heh, I'm not one of them, but it's grown on me. And I like the way it breaks up all the black, otherwise it would look like a good number of her past costumes.

Heh, I'm not one of them, but it's grown on me. And I like the way it breaks up all the black, otherwise it would look like a good number of her past costumes.
    Well, you can only come up with so many variations of a skintight catsuit...though it makes her armpits very distracting, which, y'know, if they can live with that .