Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    When the Cooke design was done well, it felt like both a real costume and a fairly classy throwback in design. When done badly, especially with the zipper pulled down, it came off as neither a costume nor classy, and instead seemed trashy.
    Exactly this. Even when the best artists did it, I hated it whenever they had that damn zipper down.

If you took away the hat/mask, the Cooke costume was just a dime-a-dozen biker suit, and if the artist screwed up and forgot the belt, as I think a few did, you just got an all black onesie that was even simpler than the 90’s costume.

The current costume at least looks “different” thanks to the “athleisure” stuff with the armpit cutout and now-you-see-me-now-you-don’t “corset” that show up.
    Agreed.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Speaking of Catwoman and a zipper:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    No, I disliked all of Jim Balent's run. Brubaker was, indeed, a breath of fresh air from everything that came before starting with Balent.

You mean beach balls?

This is the only version of Selina with long hair that I ever really liked. Between Mike W. Barr and Alan Davis, this Selina could pull off this incredibly impractical look without anyone caring.

No woman is meant to be an A cup. Most women would benefit from implants. Jim just draws women as they are meant to look.

Since you hate my favourite artist, you are blocked now.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    No woman is meant to be an A cup. Most women would benefit from implants.
    Is it just me, or is there something totally WRONG with that statement?!?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    This is simply how I as a gay man feel about women. Flat-chested women are simply not attractive. The bigger the breasts, the more attractive she is. I assume average everyday women simply can’t afford the cost of breast implants, which is sad.

Astonishing Member

No woman is meant to be an A cup. Most women would benefit from implants. Jim just draws women as they are meant to look.

Since you hate my favourite artist, you are blocked now.
    That's adorable.

No, it's not just you. Not by a long shot. Even as a straight man who prefers curvier women, this is an utterly ridiculous statement.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

. . . This is the only version of Selina with long hair that I ever really liked. Between Mike W. Barr and Alan Davis, this Selina could pull off this incredibly impractical look without anyone caring.

By the way, he was never a regular artist for Catwoman, but Dave Stevens drew a nice Selina.

from Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Volume IV (June 1985)

Astonishing Member

By the way, he was never a regular artist for Catwoman, but Dave Stevens drew a nice Selina.

from Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Volume IV (June 1985)
    I have this. And he really did, didn't he?

Extraordinary Member

That's adorable.

No, it's not just you. Not by a long shot. Even as a straight man who prefers curvier women, this is an utterly ridiculous statement.
    And it feels like a parody of trolling, too.

On another note, add me to the list of people who think a new version of the purple dress might be awesome to see in some way, shape or form.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

And it feels like a parody of trolling, too.

On another note, add me to the list of people who think a new version of the purple dress might be awesome to see in some way, shape or form.
    This is the way I feel, yet you choose to dismiss it as “trolling”. How about instead of being a cynic, you try looking at things through my perspective.

BANNED

I love Jim Balent’s art.

I love big tiddies.

I believe all women should have big breasts.

This is not “trolling”. These are my feelings.

The audacity some of you have by dismissing my feelings because they don’t line up with yours is vile.

Extraordinary Member

Yup. Trolling.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

Yup. Trolling.
    Nope, not trolling. You’re dismissing my feelings because they don’t line up with yours. Typical internet.

Big breasts have never been a bad thing. Flat-chested women can solve their issue by getting implants. Why does this fact go over your head?

If anything, you’re trolling me and trying to get a reaction out of me by attempting to invalid my feelings. You’re awful.

Nope, not trolling. You’re dismissing my feelings because they don’t line up with yours. Typical internet.

Big breasts have never been a bad thing. Flat-chested women can solve their issue by getting implants. Why does this fact go over your head?

If anything, you’re trolling me and trying to get a reaction out of me by attempting to invalid my feelings. You’re awful.
    Have you ever thought how your statements might be taken by women who don't meet your views of a correct breast size?

What about women who are naturally not big chested? Should they feel inferior if they don't run out and get breast implants, which can be harmful to their health? What about women who have had mastectomies because of breast cancer or for fear of potential breast cancer?

BANNED

Have you ever thought how your statements might be taken by women who don't meet your views of a correct breast size?

What about women who are naturally not big chested? Should they feel inferior if they don't run out and get breast implants, which can be harmful to their health? What about women who have had mastectomies because of breast cancer or for fear of potential breast cancer?
    I’m hoping my posts encourage them to to go out there and get the surgery. Breast implants aren’t just for models and actresses.