Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

One Bad Day was fantastic. McKelvie draws an amazing Selina - beautiful, stylish, and appropriately muscular, which few artists rarely bother with. The story surrounding the Kyle family itself I found pretty moving and I liked the update with Selina's sister and where she's at both physically and mentally. I'm also curious as to how this new adversary of hers is going to shape up in the future.

I also really enjoyed the main series' this latest issue. Unlike the last time she was locked up shortly before Brubaker's run, this one looks like it's going to be a pretty decent prison story, which is one of my favorite kind of stories.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    One Bad Day was fantastic. McKelvie draws an amazing Selina - beautiful, stylish, and appropriately muscular, which few artists rarely bother with. The story surrounding the Kyle family itself I found pretty moving and I liked the update with Selina's sister and where she's at both physically and mentally. I'm also curious as to how this new adversary of hers is going to shape up in the future.

I also really enjoyed the main series' this latest issue. Unlike the last time she was locked up shortly before Brubaker's run, this one looks like it's going to be a pretty decent prison story, which is one of my favorite kind of stories.
    I don't know if that's actually an update so much as just Wilson's depiction of Maggie considering the dubious canon status of these stories.

(I've seen some interesting discussion about how muscular Selina should be).

Frank Tieri also wrote a decent Selina in prison story in his short run.

Wasn't Maggie turned into some nun warrior villain for Selina..? I don't remember if she even appeared after Flashpoint.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if that's actually an update so much as just Wilson's depiction of Maggie considering the dubious canon status of these stories.
    I can see that, although this seemed pretty in line with what's been going on in Selina's book at least up until relatively recently.

Frank Tieri also wrote a decent Selina in prison story in his short run.
    I'll take your word for it. Although I like to pretend that most of Selina's nu52 appearances never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Wasn't Maggie turned into some nun warrior villain for Selina..? I don't remember if she even appeared after Flashpoint.
    This was at the end of her last series before the nu52. If Rebirth did anything right it was to retcon the hell out of that.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think that was in one of the last Gotham City Sirens issues if I remember right. A Blackest Night tie-in?

I'm...really not sure if she was addressed in the New 52 at all.
    I can see that, although this seemed pretty in line with what's been going on in Selina's book at least up until relatively recently.
    I think it was trying for a bit of an "evergreen" approach.
    I'll take your word for it. Although I like to pretend that most of Selina's nu52 appearances never happened.
    I remember Guillem March's art, if nothing else .

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, it was very good.

I honestly think that we could use more Batman and Catwoman stories where, even before they hook up, they just sort of run into each other and have causal conversations where he admits he can’t or won’t stop her because he’s got bigger fish to fry and sometimes she has legitimate, justified targets.

I also remain convinced that “Selina commits a burglary for a good-ish reason, only to find things aren’t how they seem” to be a great formula for her.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Yeah, it was very good.

I honestly think that we could use more Batman and Catwoman stories where, even before they hook up, they just sort of run into each other and have causal conversations where he admits he can’t or won’t stop her because he’s got bigger fish to fry and sometimes she has legitimate, justified targets.

I also remain convinced that “Selina commits a burglary for a good-ish reason, only to find things aren’t how they seem” to be a great formula for her.
    We haven't had a good Batman -> Catwoman chase since early in King's run, I think.

Introduction of Forger was weird since you'd think that Selina has to run into her again, but OBD one-shots were supposed to be standalone so I'm not sure how this is going to work.

Extraordinary Member

We haven't had a good Batman -> Catwoman chase since early in King's run, I think.
    I've enjoyed most everything since, personally.

I've enjoyed most everything since, personally.
    Would just be nice to see a new one .

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

1978 Pinup Poster.

Catwoman1978.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    1978 Pinup Poster.

Catwoman1978.jpg
    Classic Catwoman is classic .

Speaking of good "chases"...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

And a different kind of chase, but classic, all the same...

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I DESPISE the armpit cutouts....It makes no sense. Where are Dicks armpit cutouts? Batmans? Robins? etc..
    Worth noting that the "armpit cutouts" are being carried over to a CATWOMAN's new suit rendered by David Nakayama's covers with the return of Eiko Hasigawa...
    (Possible Spoilers in article)
    DC's New Catwoman's Costume Revealed In Gorgeous Cover Art