Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Yara Flor Appreciation 2023

Yara Flor (Wonder Woman\Wonder Girl) Appreciation thread.

Yara is a Brazilian superhero currently known as Wonder Girl. In Future State, she took over the mantle of Wonder Woman and was a member of the Justice League.

Next Appearances in January:
    Wonder Woman #795
    Lazarus Planet: We Once Were Gods #1
    Last edited by Drako; 01-02-2023 at 01:55 PM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Personally can't wait to see what they do with her in the Shazam crossover/Lazarus Planet.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I enjoyed her mini and Future State tie ins. She reminds me of Korra from Legend of Korra. I'm hoping she gets to team up with Fire in the future.

I'm tradewaiting Lazarus Planet but G.Willow Wilson could be an interesting fit for her.

Happy New Year to Yara and her fans .

Rooting for her to graduate to WW this year.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Not sure if that would really matter at this point.

Here's to an exciting 2023 to our newest Wonder, Yara Flor! *raises champagne flute*

YARA 794.jpg

I'm I the only one who feels like Yara will be a part of the new Titans team when the book releases? I know people will say Donna but dc has been building Yara up with her solo, dark crisis and now Lazarus planet. It would just seem weird to then just background her for Donna. A character their not invested in!

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    I'm I the only one who feels like Yara will be a part of the new Titans team when the book releases? I know people will say Donna but dc has been building Yara up with her solo, dark crisis and now Lazarus planet. It would just seem weird to then just background her for Donna. A character their not invested in!
    I'd prefer her on JSA or Justice League dark myself. But if she is on Titans I'm hoping she gets her own group of characters than just being Donna's replacement in a NTT riff.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-03-2023 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    I think Yara is being set up for a different team. The Nightwing solicitations show the new Titans are quite literally just the New Teen Titans roster.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I dont mind Yara but I don't think she should be fast tracked towards anything HUGE (like WW).

I think DC has enough young adult characters now that they they should start their own new team. Infinity Inc isnt being used so that would be a good for them or something brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I think Yara is being set up for a different team. The Nightwing solicitations show the new Titans are quite literally just the New Teen Titans roster.

I don't know. It seems weird that all that setup in Dark Crisis just for all the background characters like the new Teen Titans to get the push. It doesn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Hold it!….is that a real action figure for purchase?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Here's to an exciting 2023 to our newest Wonder, Yara Flor! *raises champagne flute*

YARA 794.jpg
    Oh yeah I am glad to see her in the Wonder Woman book and picking up from her story in her ongoing against the gods.
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post

YARA 794.jpg
    Good things hopefully await Yara this year.

And Jerry, too!
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog