Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wow, this is great. I’m a big fan of Dani art, love this. Bonus points for Jerry too.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

1 of 8? ooohhh....

I wish they had taken more unique approaches to the 5G characters. They should be as different from the iconic League as the Silver Age heroes were from their Golden Age counterparts.
    In that picture they just look so…derivative. I know that’s kind of the point of legacy characters, but I feel they should have tried more different spins on the Big 7’s themes. Yara being from the actual Amazon forest is one of the few standouts IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If this is "Dan Mora draws everybody" then we're winning .

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I see its the hetshey advertisement w/the same drawings. I wonder how old this is

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    When it comes to ages for Yara, I think this is one of the many carry overs from when it was greenlit for a tv show before the comic even happened, leading to the showrunner getting alot of say in what the character is like. Its probably alot easier to cast for a 22 year old than a sixteen year old.
    Have these people never heard the phrase "don't count your chickens before they've hatched?"

Still, Yara is a great character.

Wonder when we'll ever find out about her whole "demigoddess" bit (and once again...why the Esquecida.are governed over by Nubia as Queen).

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    Have these people never heard the phrase "don't count your chickens before they've hatched?"

Still, Yara is a great character.
    Yeah, her age is the only issue for me. She shouldn't be the same age as or older than Cassie. But I'd fix that by aging Cassie up rather than Yara down, as all of Young Justice should be in their early 20s by now anyway to maintain their original age gap with Damian Wayne.

And that TV show should never have been considered, she hadn't even debuted in the comics at the time. There's a reason Naomi, who wasn't much better only having a six issue mini to her name at the time, got cancelled after one season.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, her age is the only issue for me. She shouldn't be the same age as or older than Cassie. But I'd fix that by aging Cassie up rather than Yara down, as all of Young Justice should be in their early 20s by now anyway to maintain their original age gap with Damian Wayne.

And that TV show should never have been considered, she hadn't even debuted in the comics at the time. There's a reason Naomi, who wasn't much better only having a six issue mini to her name at the time, got cancelled after one season.
    Naomi didnt get cancelled because she only had 6 issues.

A. CW canceled 90% of their shows due to being sold
    B. The show just lacked budget to tell the type of story it needed to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Her tv show definitely could have worked. They just had to do the same thing Arrow, Supergirl and Batwoman, did. Mine Wonder Woman as a franchise but using Yara as a main character in the world of her idol

Yara would've looked cheap on TV.

Like it was stated a few posts above me, Naomi would never do well due to how cheap it looked for the story it needed to be.

LoT is really the only one I think made the cheesy CGI work.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Yara wouldn't necessarily need a lot of CGI. She doesn't have to fight monsters in order to look good. If anything, good costume design is what matters. And that doesn't have to be too expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Yara wouldn't necessarily need a lot of CGI. She doesn't have to fight monsters in order to look good. If anything, good costume design is what matters. And that doesn't have to be too expensive
    Problem is most of the true masters of practical effects have apparently retired.