Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    How is it unfair when we have the proof in front of us? People have stated other examples of her being late as well. 90% of WG had 2 different artists.
    And what about it? The quality wasn't harmed by the lateness. If anything the onus should be on DC for prematurely cancelling a book with good sales and not giving Jones enough of a head start.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    And what about it? The quality wasn't harmed by the lateness. If anything the onus should be on DC for prematurely cancelling a book with good sales and not giving Jones enough of a head start.
    What about it? You're whole argument lol.

Some people can't do both jobs at once and it's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    What about it? You're whole argument lol.

Some people can't do both jobs at once and it's ok.
    There you go with "can't" again and DC is the culprit here.

Yara's new home.

AMAZONS ATTACK #1

Written by JOSIE CAMPBELL

Art by VASCO GEORGIEV

Cover by CLAYTON HENRY

Variant covers by MIKE DEODATO JR. and TAJ TENFOLD

1:25 variant cover by VASCO GEORGIEV

1:50 variant cover by MEGHAN HETRICK

$3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)

ON SALE 10/24/23

After the shocking events in Wonder Woman, the Amazons are now fighting for a world that no longer wants them! Led by their fearless Queen Nubia, a ragtag group of Amazons featuring Wonder Girl and Faruka II frantically

searches for answers as their existence and way of life are threatened. Will the tribes survive their new reputation? Find out in this roller coaster of a debut issue!

Brought to you by rising stars Josie Campbell (The New Champion of Shazam!) and Vasco Georgiev (Batman: Urban Legends), this series promises to be an action-packed adventure featuring the greatest warrior women in the DCU!
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Does buying digital help support the series or do I need to buy the physical issues?

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    None of us know why Joelle Jones was late. It doesn't have to be a permanent situation, so saying she's unable to deliver seems entirely unfair.
    She should have gotten someone else to do the art from the start.

And I agree, Yara's age is too awkward for wonder girl. She is older than Cassie and Trinity. But was somehow supposed to fit with damian/jon
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Technically she's not older than Trinity because Lizzie is from the future, around 2042 - Yara would in fact be 22 years older than her.

But yeah, while I like Yara, I've never liked her being older than Cassie, it doesn't make sense for the new Wonder Girl to be older than the previous one. The fix would be to age Cassie up to 22 (aging up the rest of Young Justice to match, also restoring Tim and Damian's age gap from pre-Flashpoint, and thus making Conner quite a bit more mature than Jon).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-29-2023 at 03:46 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

When it comes to ages for Yara, I think this is one of the many carry overs from when it was greenlit for a tv show before the comic even happened, leading to the showrunner getting alot of say in what the character is like. Its probably alot easier to cast for a 22 year old than a sixteen year old.

I think dc just wanted Yara old enough to be on her own with the need of her family around all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Technically she's not older than Trinity because Lizzie is from the future, around 2042 - Yara would in fact be 22 years older than her.

But yeah, while I like Yara, I've never liked her being older than Cassie, it doesn't make sense for the new Wonder Girl to be older than the previous one. The fix would be to age Cassie up to 22 (aging up the rest of Young Justice to match, also restoring Tim and Damian's age gap from pre-Flashpoint, and thus making Conner quite a bit more mature than Jon).
    Well, that would actually get the YJ generation closer to what their ages should be so I’m all for it. They should all be in their early twenties at this point, not forever stuck as teens.
    Yara being called Wonder Girl and not being so young doesn’t bother me that much though. Supergirl and Batgirl (Babs) are also in their twenties after all.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    I think dc just wanted Yara old enough to be on her own with the need of her family around all the time.
    Yara could be 18 and the rest of her story could be the same. Though like I said, it's not Yara who's too old, it's Cassie who's too young. And my problem isn't a 21 year old being called Wonder Girl, it's that she's older than her predecessor.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yara could be 18 and the rest of her story could be the same. Though like I said, it's not Yara who's too old, it's Cassie who's too young. And my problem isn't a 21 year old being called Wonder Girl, it's that she's older than her predecessor.
    Yeah, to use an anime analogy.... Cassie and Conner logically make sense to be around where Gohan and Videl are in Dragon Ball Super.... IE parents of young children.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Does buying digital help support the series or do I need to buy the physical issues?
    Either helps but the main metric for success is still the physical monthlies I believe.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Well, that would actually get the YJ generation closer to what their ages should be so I’m all for it. They should all be in their early twenties at this point, not forever stuck as teens.
    Yara being called Wonder Girl and not being so young doesn’t bother me that much though. Supergirl and Batgirl (Babs) are also in their twenties after all.
    For DC, the problem they see is that would age the OG Titans up even more. Which they don’t want.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    For DC, the problem they see is that would age the OG Titans up even more. Which they don’t want.
    You mean Dick who's been a Justice League member, and Donna who had a major story arc around her perilous journeys into the adventure of motherhood? The OG Titans who should be at least 30 by now?

I still think they should do a "little clone" arc about Conner and Cassie's adventures parenting I mean we had over a year of their adventures "dating"... both euphemistically and literally. Back years ago there was a serious letter to the editor column about that possibility... and editorial said no. At any rate Conner and Cassie should be mid-20s-ish.

then again, Donna's foray into motherhood was how we got Lord Chaos.....