Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lol. That was fun to read.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Lol. That was fun to read.
    The dialogue in this scene was great but the facial expressions really sold it. Yara in a nutshell.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I feel like only Joelle Jones can really drawn Yara as beautiful as she is.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

I'm hoping she gets to write and draw Yara again.

Extraordinary Member

So many diehard traditionalists hated these panels for the exact reason I loved them. I love Diana, but I also love Yara for being willing to question just about everything and being unwilling to stand on ceremony for it's own sake.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    So many diehard traditionalists hated these panels for the exact reason I loved them. I love Diana, but I also love Yara for being willing to question just about everything and being unwilling to stand on ceremony for it's own sake.
    It is a sidekick tradition, though you need a good balance.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Oh for sure.

Sampere is second for me.

FUrZpbcXEAMJ26L.jpg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not sure if that would really matter at this point.
    Yeah, doesn't matter if Yara is Wonder Girl or Wonder Woman, she's sharing her name either way. I'm not a fan of the fact Yara became Wonder Girl when she's older than the previous one, but that can easily be fixed because Young Justice really should be about five years older than they are, which would make Cassie the older one as she should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I dont mind Yara but I don't think she should be fast tracked towards anything HUGE (like WW).

I think DC has enough young adult characters now that they they should start their own new team. Infinity Inc isnt being used so that would be a good for them or something brand new.
    Infinity Inc should be Stargirl's new team, with the Lost Children she's rescuing in her current solo mini. It's a JSA spin-off after all. The Future State JL should just be given a brand new name.

Yara's attitude here is great, complaining about being called Wonder GIRL because she's already an adult. But of course, Supergirl is also 21, and she's not about to rebrand as Superwoman (the TV version of Kara was still Supergirl at age 30).

I don't like that this scene happened behind Cassie's back though. Yara even acknowledges Donna and Cassie - although Donna doesn't use the WG name any more anyway, Cassie does and should've given permission for Yara to share the codename.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Is her whole "Doom of the Gods or Amazon" or whatever going to be further explored do we think?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yara's attitude here is great, complaining about being called Wonder GIRL because she's already an adult. But of course, Supergirl is also 21, and she's not about to rebrand as Superwoman (the TV version of Kara was still Supergirl at age 30).

I don't like that this scene happened behind Cassie's back though. Yara even acknowledges Donna and Cassie - although Donna doesn't use the WG name any more anyway, Cassie does and should've given permission for Yara to share the codename.
    That's my only problem, it was RUSHED AF with zero build up.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

That looks great! Love see Yara and Diana together.

Isn't Yara supposed to have like elemental abilities or something like fire or water attacks? Or am i wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Is her whole "Doom of the Gods or Amazon" or whatever going to be further explored do we think?

That's my only problem, it was RUSHED AF with zero build up.
    Might be referring to the upcoming conflict with the Gods, of which Yara is said to be involved. There’s been so many changes BTS that you can’t really count on anything long term paying off.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    That looks great! Love see Yara and Diana together.

Isn't Yara supposed to have like elemental abilities or something like fire or water attacks? Or am i wrong.
    I believe she had some kind of water related abilities but I’m not 100% sure the full extent of them.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.