Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Yeah, they're definitely pushing Yara as Wonder Girl. Though she's still being written as disliking the name, she insisted that Shazam just call her Yara, and interrupted him when he asked if her knowing Wonder Woman made her Wonder Girl. In-universe, why wouldn't she just let Cassie have the name to herself?

I do wonder if this push will continue once King takes over as Wonder Woman's writer though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I doubt King has any say on a big push thats happening well above his pay grade.
    That said, it will be interesting to see who ends up popping up

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Tula Lotay is one of the best artists out there right now, imo. Love this.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    I doubt King has any say on a big push thats happening well above his pay grade.
    That said, it will be interesting to see who ends up popping up
    I'd rather that the writers be allowed to use who they want. Donna and Cassie have both suffered from editorial preventing their usage. That works both ways, he shouldn't be forced to use Yara. Considering the storyline though, I hope he does use all of the Wonder Family, including all three Wonder Girls.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'd rather that the writers be allowed to use who they want. Donna and Cassie have both suffered from editorial preventing their usage. That works both ways, he shouldn't be forced to use Yara. Considering the storyline though, I hope he does use all of the Wonder Family, including all three Wonder Girls.
    A wonderful thought, but sadly not a likely one. I struggle to think of any Wonder Woman runs after Kanigher that didn't have at least some form of executive meddling.
    Luke started a romantic sub plot between Diana and Rama which had to be stopped.
    Jiminez introduced Trevor Barnes as a romantic interested who editorial had the following writer kill off.
    Rucka had an entire storyline planned out in which the rulers of the dead, the heavens, and the seas would be supplanted, building up to a story where Veronica Cale was a big bad. Only for the entire thing to be flushed down the tube because editorial wanted Wonder Woman to be treated as a fugitive criminal and the Amazons to become villains.
    Simone was angling for a story involving alien gods and a face off between Diana and Zeus which ended with an abrupt slam in the face.
    Ruckas second run was supposed to introduce the Bana in a big way and set the scene for a big garden of rogues which got cut short.
    Wilson was building her entire story around modernized interpretations of the gods and how they would be different if adapted to a modern world. Only for editorial to force a pivot into a story quickly bringing in the Amazons followed by a story about Cheetah getting a magic sword.
    Tamakis entire run existed under the editorial mandate that the writer had to make Maxwell Lord a part of Dianas supporting cast and they had to work together for the duration of the book.

Cloonan and Conrads run even had this. Between editorialing to invent the road trip arc on the spot because higher ups wanted a stall on Diana coming back to life. Altuum going from a planned big villain who was introduced as the beach head of an invasion force to a random guy whose entire plan amounted to planting a few bombs (Which was really awkwardly retcon explained).

King might get more say than other writers on what to include because of his pull, but hes just as subject to demands as any other writer.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Yara's NEVER liked that name. When Diana gave her it in Trial of the Amazons, she complained saying she was 21 and therefore a woman, not a girl.
    Lol that just sounds like someone who just became an adult saying "I'm an adult now, take me seriously!". Didn't Yara just move out of her parents? Seems like it's just in character.

Cassie should get a new code name either way, because even if Yara doesn't take that name Cassie has been wonder girl since the 90s and they were always going to make a new addition to the Wonder Family.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Extraordinary Member

Is Circe’s daughter Lyta still around?
    If they need a younger Wonder Girl that’s similar age to The Flash twins or The Super twins, then Lyta will be better than creating a brand new character.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Just wanted to give kudos to Billy Batson for asking out Yara in the Lazarus Planet Revenge of the Gods finale. Thought that was pretty funny (esp when Mary gave him crap for it).
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Just wanted to give kudos to Billy Batson for asking out Yara in the Lazarus Planet Revenge of the Gods finale. Thought that was pretty funny (esp when Mary gave him crap for it).
    Can you blame the poor guy lol. Just look at her

She's four years older than him. No wonder she rejected him without hesitation.

She's four years older than him. No wonder she rejected him without hesitation.
    Well of course she was gonna reject a minor, but good on him for take his shot lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Well of course she was gonna reject a minor, but good on him for take his shot lol
    The courage of Achilles

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Lol that just sounds like someone who just became an adult saying "I'm an adult now, take me seriously!". Didn't Yara just move out of her parents? Seems like it's just in character.

Cassie should get a new code name either way, because even if Yara doesn't take that name Cassie has been wonder girl since the 90s and they were always going to make a new addition to the Wonder Family.
    It's still not a good look if she hates the name herself. It'd be one thing if she was freshly 18 and wanted to pretend like she was more adult than she really was.

But at 21 certain luxuries are granted, since she lives in the US, so she wouldn't want to be referred to as a girl.

Is she rebellious? Yeah.
    Should she have a name she doesn't want? No. Especially if it belongs to someone whose young enough for it to still work.

Donna would've been around 20 when she gave the moniker it so the timeline tracks.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Whelp. Looks like Yara's been replaced, Tom King is giving Diana a daughter from the future. A third concurrent Wonder Girl?