Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Symbol of Truth is cancelled, Sam has lost his solo book.
    https://twitter.com/JacksonLanzing/s...96080758390787
    At least Jed's writing for Sam in Avengers has been solid so far.

Yeah, at least he won't be limboed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

So how long til MCU synergy catched up to Joaquin? They depower him and he starts using one of Sam's old wing suits.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    So how long til MCU synergy catched up to Joaquin? They depower him and he starts using one of Sam's old wing suits.
    I hope not. I didn't like them making him just another military guy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope not. I didn't like them making him just another military guy.
    616 would not be a military guy. I am just talking about stripping him of powers and giving him one of Sam's old suits.

As far as the MCU..as much as I can be a stickler for comics accuracy...that is one of the changes I did like in that Sam was a special forces guy who was trained and not must someone Cap gave some personal instruction to and made his partner. Same with Joaquin who is with military intelligence instead of the old trope of some guy who got powers/tech/magic weapon and just jumped into being a super hero like in the comic.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 06-04-2023 at 06:18 PM.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

We know Sam will be in Avengers but I guess Joaquin and Ian get put back on the shelf.

Misty too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    616 would not be a military guy. I am just talking about stripping him of powers and giving him one of Sam's old suits.

As far as the MCU..as much as I can be a stickler for comics accuracy...that is one of the changes I did like in that Sam was a special forces guy who was trained and not must someone Cap gave some personal instruction to and made his partner. Same with Joaquin who is with military intelligence instead of the old trope of some guy who got powers/tech/magic weapon and just jumped into being a super hero like in the comic.
    Joaquin's comic origin was impossible in the MCU, since he got his powers from Redwing. In the comics, Redwing is a real bird, who gained extended lifespan by being turned vampiric. In the MCU though, Redwing was just a drone.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Joaquin's comic origin was impossible in the MCU, since he got his powers from Redwing. In the comics, Redwing is a real bird, who gained extended lifespan by being turned vampiric. In the MCU though, Redwing was just a drone.
    Yes...but if they can do MCU synergy by radically altering the race and gender of the Eternals then it is a simple matter to remove the non-human DNA from Joaquin and give him Sam's old hand me downs.

Nice family moment .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Nice family moment .
    so which sibling is the late Jim Wilson's parent?

seems like no writer has really had Sam reflect on the loss of Jim from HIV.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

Sam's brother Gideon is Jim's father.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

Rodney Barnes tried but the folks who SCREAMED that Sam should have a solo as Falcon didn't bother to support that book.

Yeah, Falcon sold far worse than Captain America Sam Wilson did. I wonder how Symbol of Truth's numbers compare?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    We know Sam will be in Avengers but I guess Joaquin and Ian get put back on the shelf.

Misty too.
    Well in Misty’s case, she seems to be making her appearances over in Miles’ book over in the spider books based on what the interviews for it said. She hasn’t been in the current arc since it’s dealing with Carnage but she was in the opening arc and will likely appear again after.