Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    who were some of the Harlem gangsters that were active in the 70s era that Sam went up against?
    Harlem crime boss Stone-face was seemingly set up to be Sam Wilson's mob boss villain. Falcon had frequent conflicts with Stone-Face and was arguably his arch enemy in the seventies and early eighties.
    Sam's nephew Jody Casper idolized Stoneface and worked for him as runner. Stone-Face kidnapped Falcon's girlfriend Lelia Taylor.

Stone-Face also went up against heroes like Spider-Man, Black Panther, Captain America (Steve), Luke Cage and Iron Fist. Seemed like he was inspired by Harlem mobster Bumpy Johnson. I suppose they could modernize the character bring him back if they wanted to.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Harlem crime boss Stone-face was seemingly set up to be Sam Wilson's mob boss villain. Falcon had frequent conflicts with Stone-Face and was arguably his arch enemy in the seventies and early eighties.
    Sam's nephew Jody Casper idolized Stoneface and worked for him as runner. Stone-Face kidnapped Falcon's girlfriend Lelia Taylor.

Stone-Face also went up against heroes like Spider-Man, Black Panther, Captain America (Steve), Luke Cage and Iron Fist. Seemed like he was inspired by Harlem mobster Bumpy Johnson. I suppose they could modernize the character bring him back if they wanted to.
    Bring him back and modernize him a little bit. Do something to make him more of a threat.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post

If Sam had a big anniversary issue, he would be a good villian to use for it.

Incredible Member

**deleted post**

Extraordinary Member

Shall we just call the latest issue...spoilers:
    The Character Assassination of Steve Rogers?
    end of spoilers
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Shall we just call the latest issue...spoilers:
    The Character Assassination of Steve Rogers?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, I really don't like how they're writing Steve in this arc and it feels like it's just to give Sam the moral high ground and look better.

Sam even comes off more competent and even physically stronger. When did Sam become a Super Soldier?
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah, I really don't like how they're writing Steve in this arc and it feels like it's just to give Sam the moral high ground and look better.

Sam even comes off more competent and even physically stronger. When did Sam become a Super Soldier?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    He's not...but 616 super soldier is just peak human not superhuman...and Sam is one of those abnormally above normal normals who is close to peak.
    end of spoilers

Symbol of Truth is cancelled, Sam has lost his solo book.
    https://twitter.com/JacksonLanzing/s...96080758390787
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I was hoping with all the Dimension Z stuff and Ian, we would get Jet Zola appearing in the title again.

I'm not surprised. Steve's book was bad, Falcon's was only a little better. I'm looking forward to JMS's run.

Shame, shame. Beautiful run, if imperfect on the story front.

Hope Marvel takes another shot at Sam, and soon

oh well. Did it last 12 issues?

at least he's in the Avengers

Yes, it lasted 14 issues. There's one left.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

I wasn't really following either Captain America book but I always thought it was a rather ambitious attempt for them to run two monthly books at the same time so the cancellations for either book are not that surprising especially with the relatively unknown creative teams assigned to each book.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    I wasn't really following either Captain America book but I always thought it was a rather ambitious attempt for them to run two monthly books at the same time so the cancellations for either book are not that surprising especially with the relatively unknown creative teams assigned to each book.
    Not exactly true as those guys have worked on other books together including Green Arrow, Aquaman, Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Dark Metal, Flash, Star Trek and Batman and Robin Eternal books. Along with doing work for Peter Berg (Friday Night Lights) and Tim Kring (Heroes).

Unknown folks do not get access to Batman, Batman Beyond, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Flash, WW and Star Trek. Along with doing screenplays for well known directors.