Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Falcon sold far worse than Captain America Sam Wilson did. I wonder how Symbol of Truth's numbers compare?
    Isnt that getting a relauch too?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Ultimate Member

Yeah, Falcon sold far worse than Captain America Sam Wilson did. I wonder how Symbol of Truth's numbers compare?
    Probably higher.

Sam's first run as Cap America didn't hit below 20K until maybe issue 18 and then went up briefly before it ended.

That was why I expected to end at issue 25. One last arc and that is it until the movie comes around.

With that up in the air due to the strike-I wouldn't expect another volume until late 2024?

But my point is so many folks scream for all thee folks to be themselves and stop stealing someone else's name and more original folks need books. Yet DON'T show up to support.

If it's not Sam, it's Iceman, it's Storm, it's Shuri, it's Cyborg, it's Black Bolt, it's Black Canary, it's Jubliee and so on.

Folks LOOK for anything to justify not buying the book even if Marvel puts top talent on it.

It's suddenly BENEATH that talent to do guys like Falcon. Ignoring what so many said need to be done.

Then SAME folks cry about why they were axed and how much they hate a legacy.

Yet numbers don't lie.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Isnt that getting a relauch too?
    It is not. Steve's new book will be the only Captain America book. Symbol of Truth is cancelled after today's issue.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

This issue is what I want to see more of. Their personal lives, spending time with family and friends.

But the cliffhanger sucks for a final issue.

spoilers:
    Like I mentioned above about Joaquin and MCU synergy...just show the decision. Refuse the cure or take the cure and have Sam tell him he still has his old set of wings and Joaquin can have them.
    end of spoilers

Edit to add...

something just jumped out at me while reading through it again...
    spoilers:
    How long did it take Sam to fly from Harlem to Arizona? They make it seem like it is not that long but Sam's wings aren't that fast.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Chris0013; 06-28-2023 at 03:32 PM.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

spoilers:
    Or hell, Joaquin was a Champion, which means he knows Amadeus Cho and Riri Williams. They could make him some new powers, including of course wings. Sam Alexander had a similar offer, which he refused, when he was depowered due to his Nova helmet being confiscated and then stolen.
    end of spoilers
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Or hell, Joaquin was a Champion, which means he knows Amadeus Cho and Riri Williams. They could make him some new powers, including of course wings. Sam Alexander had a similar offer, which he refused, when he was depowered due to his Nova helmet being confiscated and then stolen.
    end of spoilers
    Or that...my point still stands that doing the cliffhanger was annoying.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Rodney Barnes tried but the folks who SCREAMED that Sam should have a solo as Falcon didn't bother to support that book.
    Overall I wasn’t a fan of the Falcon run cause of how they frame Sams time as Cap but the character work in there was some great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Or that...my point still stands that doing the cliffhanger was annoying.
    Especially since this week's issue didn't resolve it. Joaquin didn't appear at all. Sam's stories were all unrelated to the ending of Symbol of Truth.

Extraordinary Member

Especially since this week's issue didn't resolve it. Joaquin didn't appear at all. Sam's stories were all unrelated to the ending of Symbol of Truth.
    Guess we'll see what happens in Captain America Finale #1. But I doubt it.

We won't, that issue is just the finale to Sentinel of Liberty and doesn't seem to feature Sam or his supporting cast at all. Looks like they just left it to the next writer.

Extraordinary Member

We won't, that issue is just the finale to Sentinel of Liberty and doesn't seem to feature Sam or his supporting cast at all. Looks like they just left it to the next writer.
    If you introduce the concept follow through. Don't leave it hanging.

What do people think about the story behind Sam's shield?

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Uh, hopefully there is not a corrupt cabal behind its creation. Hopefully just his friends collaborated and, boom, there you go.

I just hope a future editor doesn't decide that Sam should become "the new American Eagle", or something, to make Steve the "one and only" Capt. America.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    What good can I say about that story? We got an answer to where the shield came from. But overall the story was as lackluster as the entire issue. You have Misty harassing Sam to become Captain America again and then they get attacked by a rando group of heavily armed thugs. No idea who they are, who sent them or why.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    What good can I say about that story? We got an answer to where the shield came from. But overall the story was as lackluster as the entire issue. You have Misty harassing Sam to become Captain America again and then they get attacked by a rando group of heavily armed thugs. No idea who they are, who sent them or why.
    You know, I didn't say anything about the issue after I read it cause I wanted to sit with it for a bit and see if my thoughts changed but I can say the shield story left me cold. I get the message behind it, the whole community backs you as Cap this time. And it is a solid message. But the way its done makes Sam so passive. Again.