Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I think part of it is a result of her diminishing presence in the 90's and writers not using her as much until Johns brought her back to prominence in Brightest Day.

I’m probably alone in this, but I’d love to see Koryak return and for him to be revealed as Orm’s son instead of Arthur’s.
    I want some GOT-like family intrigue (minus all the incests).
    Plus it would be nice having Koryak bond with Jackson over their villainous fathers. And having Koryak, Jackson and Tempest as a kind of trio exploring unknown areas of the Seven Seas.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I’m probably alone in this, but I’d love to see Koryak return and for him to be revealed as Orm’s son instead of Arthur’s.
    Plus it would be nice having Koryak bond with Jackson over their villainous fathers. And having Koryak, Jackson and Tempest as a kind of trio exploring unknown areas of the Seven Seas.
    I'd like to see Koryak return but I don't think he has to be related to the royal family.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I am unfamiliar with Koryak, which run did he appear in and whats his deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I am unfamiliar with Koryak, which run did he appear in and whats his deal?
    He appeared in PAD's run as Arthur's son with an Inuit woman from before he became Aquaman.
    He only learned about Koryak's existence when Koryak was already a young adult.
    Koryak had hydrokinesis, being able to create hard water objects and often used a Water Spear.

He appeared in PAD's run as Arthur's son with an Inuit woman from before he became Aquaman.
    He only learned about Koryak's existence when Koryak was already a young adult.
    Koryak had hydrokinesis, being able to create hard water objects and often used a Water Spear.
    Huh so he did the hydrokinesis thing before Jackson/Kaldur was created?

Watch Orm's stepson become Koryak .

Huh so he did the hydrokinesis thing before Jackson/Kaldur was created?
    Pretty much yeah. In hindsight, it's rather surprising the Young Justice show didn't use him instead of creating Kaldur, though I like both.

Extraordinary Member

It is weird how they tried to make Manta an official member of the family over Orm who is actually Arthur's brother and they at least have a relationship beyond unending hate

Especially since its not like Orm is unpopular, Hell he along with Manta are one of the most well-received and popular villains of the DCEU. Like Manta's recent stint is just another instance of DC trying to make popular villains anti-heroes like Deathstroke, Harley Quinn, Deadshot, so Orm's general negative treatment here is so bizarre.
    Which is bizarre since Manta killed Arthur Jr.
    But yes, bring Lorena back please!! We need her back in this ongoing.

It’s too bad we won’t see Deep Blue and Tsunami ever again.

I'm down to see Lorena again .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think part of it is a result of her diminishing presence in the 90's and writers not using her as much until Johns brought her back to prominence in Brightest Day.
    To be honest, the 90s Aquaman basically traded her in for a younger model (ex. Dolphin) with her ending up with one of the villains and that was the party line at DC until Brightest Day with even the Sub Diego issues outright stating the marriage was dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    To be honest, the 90s Aquaman basically traded her in for a younger model (ex. Dolphin) with her ending up with one of the villains and that was the party line at DC until Brightest Day with even the Sub Diego issues outright stating the marriage was dead.
    Its interesting looking back and finding out Mera was not always Arthur's forever love

Sure that happens with a lot of romantic interests with how long these characters have been running but its interesting comparing to now where said characters are regarded more as permanent mainstays

Like I can't imagine Arthur ever romancing Dolphin again these days

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm down to see Lorena again .
    As would I.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Pretty much yeah. In hindsight, it's rather surprising the Young Justice show didn't use him instead of creating Kaldur, though I like both.
    Koryak isn't black.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Koryak isn't black.
    Still though an Inuit character, thats fucking rare.

You could argue that probably deserves more representation because its so comparatively few.