Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

It really shouldn't be a competition. Both deserve their share of representation. I just noted that it was surprising they created Kaldur instead of using Koryak. That said, they did use Artemis as a Green Arrow family representative when she has no ties to the Green Arrow family in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Pretty much yeah. In hindsight, it's rather surprising the Young Justice show didn't use him instead of creating Kaldur, though I like both.
    Not really, unfortunately. By the time of Infinite Crisis, PAD's run was already being treated as something DC wanted fans to quietly forget ever happened. Johns had Koryak, Vulko, and a bunch of characters from other different Aquaman runs/creative teams gather in Atlantis just so the Spectre could stomp on Atlantis and kill them off.

I'm going to show some love to The Others, I loved their appearances in the New 52

Last edited by 9th.; 01-11-2023 at 02:48 AM.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I'm going to show some love to The Others, I loved their appearances in the New 52

Oh yeah I recently read the Geoff Johns run omnibus. They only appeared in the one arc but I liked them well enough, a decent idea of giving Aquaman some superhumans to interact with beyond normal Atlanteans. Helps that each of them was given just enough backstory and character bits to define them well enough for the most part.

Plus I find the concept of Aquaman leading a team of treasure hunters in his past a pretty cool concept. Its very pulpy, especially since he apparently was shirtless the entire time he was with them.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 01-11-2023 at 03:13 AM.

I remember dropping Others series by Jurgens after few issues, did it get better in the second half?

Incredible Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm a Dolphin fanboy. I loved her return in the "Underworld" arc and all of her appearances since then. I hope she shows up again soon, but I'm not greedy. Other characters should get their time as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Like I can't imagine Arthur ever romancing Dolphin again these days
    True, but I must admit I'm a little ticked there was no closure following the "Sink Atlantis" arc. All it would have taken is one scene where Arthur talks to Dolphin and reassures her that even if he doesn't return her feelings he still cares about her. She accepts this and moves on. That's it. No fuss, no drama.

Do Tsunami and Neptune appear in the Stargirl: Lost Children series?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Do Tsunami and Neptune appear in the Stargirl: Lost Children series?
    No one Aquaman related, it’s either very obscure golden age characters or new characters Johns just created
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Was surprised to get introduced to him when I first checked out PAD's run.

There are some spoilers about upcoming Trench story from Lazarus planet:

spoilers:
    Trench "devolve" back to looking like humans, but they all look a bit like Aquaman from provided pages. So one of the comments wonders if maybe this has something to do with Golden Age Aquaman? Maybe he is a Trench who went thru this process decades ago?
    end of spoilers

Personally I think it is unlikely, but it would be an interesting wrinkle.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    There are some spoilers about upcoming Trench story from Lazarus planet:

spoilers:
    Trench "devolve" back to looking like humans, but they all look a bit like Aquaman from provided pages. So one of the comments wonders if maybe this has something to do with Golden Age Aquaman? Maybe he is a Trench who went thru this process decades ago?
    end of spoilers

Personally I think it is unlikely, but it would be an interesting wrinkle.
    Oooooh I have seen spoilers:
    some people put out the theory that this could be related to the Golden Age Aquaman
    end of spoilers

It could be interesting if thats the case

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Oooooh I have seen spoilers:
    some people put out the theory that this could be related to the Golden Age Aquaman
    end of spoilers

It could be interesting if thats the case
    Yeah that’s 100% my thinking right now because of one key detail.

spoilers:
    Why do all the trench look exactly the same in human form and why are they all white with blonde hair incredibly similar to Aquaman’s? Given that the Golden Age Aquaman’s background in New Golden Age said he was biologically evolving and the fact he disappeared in the 50’s and that Arthur referred to them as Ancestors and that Bleedingcool says it’s a deevolution has me believing that the Golden Age Aquaman further changed until he became like the trench, if not started the trench all together.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Huh, I guess we know what the plot of the next Aquaman run might be.

spoilers:
    Trench are supposed to be as old as Atlantis so Golden Age Aquaman can't start Trench. On the other hand there might be some time travel involved.
    end of spoilers

Or they might retcon some things because probably nobody cares about this stuff anyway
    Last edited by HsssH; 01-23-2023 at 10:39 AM.