Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Feige seems to lean towards Marvel's greatest hits from the mid 2000s era Marvel so stuff like Ultimates/Civil War/Winter Soldier/Disassembled/Young Avengers/GotG. Given that this movie seems to be more of a Black Widow movie vehicle for Florence Pugh, I think it's very influenced by the Thunderbolts run by Diggle and later Parker which treated the Thunderbolts as the blackops squad for Norman Osborn.
    Well it's too bad they didn't do the original Thunderbolts story. It was such a great twist. And I know everyone going to the theater would see it coming, even if they never read the comics they would know the actors. But still, Thunderbolts was a great concept of a villains team trying to be heroes but have their antagonist traits and such.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Well it's too bad they didn't do the original Thunderbolts story. It was such a great twist. And I know everyone going to the theater would see it coming, even if they never read the comics they would know the actors. But still, Thunderbolts was a great concept of a villains team trying to be heroes but have their antagonist traits and such.
    I don't think they really could do the comic reveal, for a host of reasons.

That said, I do think they could have, and should have, done it as a bunch of petty criminals trying to step up into the role of the Avengers and learn to be actual heroes.

I always figured a Thunderbolts movie would spin off into a Dark Avengers title at some point in the MCU. I wouldn't do it in the Multiverse saga though. It deserves to be it's own arc if anything.

Ultimate Member

Eh, Dark Avengers via Bendis was pointless at best.

A bunch of nobodies stepping up to take the place of earth's mightiest heroes? Especially after all the Avengers have done? That would be awesome.

I just wanted the standard Thunderbolts. My Moonstone, Songbird, Atlas...Though I knew they'd never use Jolt, even though she'd be awesome in a Thunderbolts movie! She can scream about how much she hates school lol.

I just wanted the standard Thunderbolts. My Moonstone, Songbird, Atlas...Though I knew they'd never use Jolt, even though she'd be awesome in a Thunderbolts movie! She can scream about how much she hates school lol.
    They've wasted chances to bring Jolt back. Zub used her towards the end of his first Thunderbolts run, just before Secret Empire, but there was an unresolved cliffhanger and I don't think she's appeared since. Even though Zub went on to write Champions (a teen team, they could've had them rescue her from Ghost without actually having her join the team, like how New Warriors member and Scarlet Spider sidekick Hummingbird appeared in one issue as a reserve member - she never appeared in the book again after that one issue). Zub has also done a second Thunderbolts run, but the roster was completely different.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They've wasted chances to bring Jolt back. Zub used her towards the end of his first Thunderbolts run, just before Secret Empire, but there was an unresolved cliffhanger and I don't think she's appeared since. Even though Zub went on to write Champions (a teen team, they could've had them rescue her from Ghost without actually having her join the team, like how New Warriors member and Scarlet Spider sidekick Hummingbird appeared in one issue as a reserve member - she never appeared in the book again after that one issue). Zub has also done a second Thunderbolts run, but the roster was completely different.
    No shade to the current Thunderbolts run, but how cool would it be to see a mature and experienced Jolt leading her own Thunderbolts team in a comic series? It would show great maturity and growth from the young hero as she lead a Thunderbolts team of her own. Maybe name them the Thunderjolts lol. She has so much history with the name and I'm so bummed she's been forgotten and thrown away. Somebody save Jolt!

No shade to the current Thunderbolts run, but how cool would it be to see a mature and experienced Jolt leading her own Thunderbolts team in a comic series? It would show great maturity and growth from the young hero as she lead a Thunderbolts team of her own. Maybe name them the Thunderjolts lol. She has so much history with the name and I'm so bummed she's been forgotten and thrown away. Somebody save Jolt!
    I'd love to see Jolt leading the team! She deserves it .

Well Hallie at least has a better chance of showing back up than Charcoal.

^^^Oh man, that’d be GREAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd love to see Jolt leading the team! She deserves it .
    Agreed! Especially since she did show lots of leadership skills in the original Thunderbolts but was still too young to lead full time. This would be a full circle moment and frankly is overdue for Hallie.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Well Hallie at least has a better chance of showing back up than Charcoal.
    RIP Charcoal!

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Oh man, that’d be GREAT!
    Yes! Veteran Jolt leading a her own batch of supervillains turned heroes team. They could do so much callbacks to the original concept while also doing something new on it's own. If they ever did that it would be a series I'd loyally follow.

I just heard that Kurt Busiek had originally planned for Rita Demara's Yellowjacket to be part of the Thunderbolts. That could have been interesting since she can shrink small, I don't recall if Atlas can do that. If he can he doesn't do it often. Anyway it's a shame Rita didn't make it to like any form of the Thunderbolts. I wonder what she would have brought to the table. Also her situation with Techno/Fixer would have been quite something.

I just heard that Kurt Busiek had originally planned for Rita Demara's Yellowjacket to be part of the Thunderbolts. That could have been interesting since she can shrink small, I don't recall if Atlas can do that. If he can he doesn't do it often. Anyway it's a shame Rita didn't make it to like any form of the Thunderbolts. I wonder what she would have brought to the table. Also her situation with Techno/Fixer would have been quite something.
    At a very early stage in pre-production, Kurt Busiek had wanted Yellowjacket (Rita DeMara) to be one of the main characters in Thunderbolts. Busiek had planned to explore her backstory in greater detail, such as revealing that she was living under the name of her dead best friend after being pursued by the mob. Yellowjacket ended up being Killed Off for Real during The Crossing, making any future plans for her moot.

Extracted from The Thunderbolts entry here:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...MarvelUniverse

If I'm not mistaken, Mr Busiek has also talked about this in the "Kurt Busiek answers" thread in this same forum. And you can read more about it here:

https://www.cbr.com/comic-book-urban...s-revealed-63/

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They've missed opportunities to do that. Considering she's a teenager, maybe Zub could've used an issue of Champions to resolve that cliffhanger from the last issue of his then-recent Thunderbolts run (Ghost would've been the issue's villain)? His Thunderbolts finished during Secret Empire and he took over Champions a few months later after Avengers No Surrender. And of course while he's since written another Thunderbolts series, it had a completely different roster, so it wasn't resolved there either.
    Between the original and the most recent run of Thunderbolts, I don't think I've read more than an issue or so. What cliffhanger are you talking about?
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    At a very early stage in pre-production, Kurt Busiek had wanted Yellowjacket (Rita DeMara) to be one of the main characters in Thunderbolts. Busiek had planned to explore her backstory in greater detail, such as revealing that she was living under the name of her dead best friend after being pursued by the mob. Yellowjacket ended up being Killed Off for Real during The Crossing, making any future plans for her moot.

Extracted from The Thunderbolts entry here:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...MarvelUniverse

If I'm not mistaken, Mr Busiek has also talked about this in the "Kurt Busiek answers" thread in this same forum. And you can read more about it here:

https://www.cbr.com/comic-book-urban...s-revealed-63/

Peace
    Damn shame that Rita's been one of the few who's stayed dead, these days.