Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Default Bishop: War Captain and Last X-Man appreciation 2023

Welcome weary time-travelers to the Bishop Appreciation thread. This is the home for all Bishop related discussions, fan talk and more. So join in the conversation and be nice ;-)

First Appearance - Uncanny X-Men #282. Arriving some 80 years from the future hunting for fugitives, Bishop is a time lost mutant who meet his childhood heroes, the X-Men. After initially not believing who they were, Bishop eventually joins the X-Men. For years he believed the traitor of the X-Men was Gambit. Year later it turned out to be Xavier/ Onslaught.

Relatives: Shard(sister), Gateway(grandfather). Suspected to have some connection with Monet and Storm were speculated as well.

Bishop has been a hero in various teams, but has been considered a villain as well, trying to hunt down Hope Summers, the Mutant Messiah.

Fun fact: He lost his arm by one of the Predator X. Tough somehow it seems to be forgotten as Lucus has no longer the metal replacement arm.

Solos and Miniseries:
    Bishop
    Bishop: Xavier Security Enforcers
    Gambit and Bishop: Sons of the Atom
    Bishop: The Last X-Man
    District X

Head starring in Prisoner of X, during Age of X-Man

Abilities
    Mutant Ability -Energy Absorption. Bishop is able to absorb energy and channel it into energy blasts. Bishop absorbs energy at all times. This allows him enhanced strength, healing and limited invulnerability.

Fighting Skills - Bishop is an excellent H2H fighter. In his youth he was trained by Scott Summers and is excellent in armed and unarmed combat. Bishop carries a special gun that he can channel his powers through to shoot energy blasts although he can do this without the gun.

Other Skills -Bishop is a highly trained detective with above average intelligence.

Team Affiliations:
    Astonishing X-Men
    X.S.E. -Xavier Security Enforcers
    X-Men
    X-Treme X-Men
    Uncanny X-Force
    Marauders
    War Captains of Krakoa
    Hellfire Club Inner Circle - Red Bishop
    Soon: War Collage

Expect to see him in Bishop War College limited series in 2023
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 01-03-2023 at 07:42 AM.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Bishop is getting some great covers for the War College series.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Plus his story in X-Men Legends starts this week.

It's a cool rewrite of Bishop for the Days of Future past film.

Happy New Year to Bishop and his fans .

Hoping 2023 will be AWESOME for The Last X-Man

Hopefully 2023 will be a great year for bishop. He had some action packed scenes in maraduers# 10 and a great twist for threshold here. I did kind of sideye the line about Bishop not being strong enough to handle one mutant that multiplied power by sublime but it was more like "huh?" lol

One of my fave panels despite the title i meant spoilers:
    exploding with energy. lol bishopexploding.jpg
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-04-2023 at 02:55 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

My goodness this is a good bishop day. X-men Legends #5 is the story i don't know i needed. Seeing inside bishop past and some of the things x.s.e were sending him to do. And by Cyclops it's so interesting to see how Bishop viewed the x-men and it makes me wonder which ones lived up to how he viewed them. the art alone was worth the entry but the writing here was top notch.

spoilers:
    bishopandhisbros.jpg
    indeedwecan.jpg
    thatsart.jpg
    end of spoilers
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    My goodness this is a good bishop day. X-men Legends #5 is the story i don't know i needed. Seeing inside bishop past and some of the things x.s.e were sending him to do. And by Cyclops it's so interesting to see how Bishop viewed the x-men and it makes me wonder which ones lived up to how he viewed them. the art alone was worth the entry but the writing here was top notch.

spoilers:
    bishopandhisbros.jpg
    indeedwecan.jpg
    thatsart.jpg
    end of spoilers
    Nice! I haven't had a chance to read it yet but I'm looking forward to it. The art is lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

spoilers:
    bishopandhisbros.jpg
    indeedwecan.jpg
    thatsart.jpg
    end of spoilers
    I really enjoyed this book as it had the Bishop I love free from the stench of Messiah Complex. I'm hoping for a great year for Bishop and would for him to be able to show why he's the perfect choice for Captain Commander.

Astonishing Member

Also this just made me wish all the more that we get Malcolm and Randall back soon, and Shard.....as well as see Fitzroy and some of the other escaped prisoners show up or get resurrected in the modern era.

spoilers:
    There's LOTS of potential to be mined from the idea that Bishop was actually responsible for the breakout that was the reason he came to the past in the first place......
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Also this just made me wish all the more that we get Malcolm and Randall back soon, and Shard.....as well as see Fitzroy and some of the other escaped prisoners show up or get resurrected in the modern era.

spoilers:
    There's LOTS of potential to be mined from the idea that Bishop was actually responsible for the breakout that was the reason he came to the past in the first place......
    end of spoilers
    Bobby I need you to lay out all of the story potential so I know all the potential stories that I never would even consider. You've spoiled us with your imagination so you gotta maintain your rep. Seriously though I absolutely agree with you about wanting to see Malcolm, Randall and Shard to come back.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I would totally dig it if Bishop starts another XSE team with Tempo and some New X-Men kids after War Collage is done.

Would be nice for Shard and other XSE members from the past to be revisited again as well. It's time for time hopping baby.

PS: If you did not vote on our forum yet for your favorites of 2022, please do so fast. Voting ends soon. Vote here.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

I'm not enjoying X-men Legends in general, so I was really happy with how much I liked this issue #5 focusing on Bishop and the XSE. The script is so good, dialogues flowed very nice for these days and the art, although Portacio is not my favorite, was actually very cool. Excited for the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    I'm not enjoying X-men Legends in general, so I was really happy with how much I liked this issue #5 focusing on Bishop and the XSE. The script is so good, dialogues flowed very nice for these days and the art, although Portacio is not my favorite, was actually very cool. Excited for the next issue.
    Agreed. I usually don't pick up Legends but the announcement of this story intrigued me and it delivered. I would be so down for a Bishop/XSE book post War College.