Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Characters that should each have their own mission and could lead at least minis or back-up stories. Ideally, they'd also share a Sensation Comics title where they team-up with Diana like the upcoming Action Comics run or Tynion's Detective Comics:

- Nubia: queen of the Amazons and/or leader of the Global Guardians. I'd use her to focus on areas of the world that wouldn't accept Diana's interference.
    - Cassandra Sandsmark (Fury): daughter or granddaughter of Zeus. Her mission is to protect regular humans from the meddling of Olympians. She could be Hippolyta's agent on Earth.
    - Donna Troy: co-leader of the Titans and the most human of the Amazons. The regular girl who became a powerful and respected hero. Empowered by the Titans of Myth.
    - Yara Flor (Wonder Girl): Champion of the Esquecidas tribe. Protects the Amazon and nature against human exploration and humans from Brazilian gods and folklore myths.
    - Artemis: Champion of the Bana Mighdall tribe. Born in Egypt (forget the terrible American origin). Brings a different and more proactive approach to the Amazon's world.
    - Peng Deilan (Green Serpent): Chinese mythological entity inspired by WW to become a hero. Her unique mission is to prevent government institutions from exploring mythical items and beings for conquest and war.

Characters like Etta, Steve, Siggy, Cheetah work really well as supporting cast in the main book, as long as the Wonder Family mentioned above all get enough focus.
    Last edited by Factor; 01-05-2023 at 12:52 AM.

Etta Candy
    Hippolyta
    Ed Indelicato
    Steve Trevor
    Trevor Barnes
    Bobby Barnes (aka Wonderboi)
    Julia Kapatelis
    Vanessa
    Nubia
    Grace Choi
    Rama
    Bia
    Ferdinand
    Atlantaiades

BANNED

This topic seems to be cross-pollinating with the Head-Canon topic, so I'll just copy-and-paste the cast who I would see as the principal "family".

Diana - Formed out of clay by Hippolyta and brought to life by Olympian gods

Philippus - Former partner of the deceased Hippolyta, former general, and chosen queen of Themyscira

Artemis - Former Wonder Woman and Requiem resurrected, a demon-slaying ronin finding her place amid Man's World, divine remnants of the ancient world, and the Bana Mighdall

Troia - Diana's beloved adopted sister, but fated to become the Titans' champion and someday face the Olympians' Wonder Woman in the final Titanomachy

Etta Candy, Julia Kapatelis, Helena Sandsmark - Diana's friends and intel providers in their fields of expertise

Steve Trevor - Former Checkmate Knight turned DEO agent

Lyta Trevor - Diana and Steve's daughter, and reincarnation of Hippolyta
    Last edited by bat22; 01-05-2023 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I'll admit this thread kind of confused me. The OP asks who would be Diana's primary allies in a crisis, but a lot of people seem to just be listing their preferred supporting cast, which is what I did.

What exactly constitutes "Wonder Family"? If we're calling Steve or Etta or Julia part of the Wonder Family, does that mean Perry White is counted as Super Family?
    I guess it's kind of a gray area.

But, going back to my post and the OP, in a major battle situation, my ideal allies for Diana--as in, who's in the fight by her side--I'd say for me Nubia, Artemis, one or two Wonder Girls (they swap depending on the situation), and Achilles. That would be my core crew.

As for Cheetah...I counted Barbara as in she was part of the crew before she turned. Same as Vanessa before she became Silver Swan. Afterward, they're enemies...although there can be situations where they might put aside their differences against a common foe.
    Also, as I mentioned, if you make it too literal in being a family... you need to put Deva on the list just because she exists, not because she's a useful ally.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I'll admit this thread kind of confused me. The OP asks who would be Diana's primary allies in a crisis, but a lot of people seem to just be listing their preferred supporting cast, which is what I did.

What exactly constitutes "Wonder Family"? If we're calling Steve or Etta or Julia part of the Wonder Family, does that mean Perry White is counted as Super Family?
    I guess it's kind of a gray area.

But, going back to my post and the OP, in a major battle situation, my ideal allies for Diana--as in, who's in the fight by her side--I'd say for me Nubia, Artemis, one or two Wonder Girls (they swap depending on the situation), and Achilles. That would be my core crew.

As for Cheetah...I counted Barbara as in she was part of the crew before she turned. Same as Vanessa before she became Silver Swan. Afterward, they're enemies...although there can be situations where they might put aside their differences against a common foe.
    My intent is that Wonder Family can be open to interpretation based on the poster. No right or wrong, just sharing what you think.

For my post above, I considered them all showing up for a battle, if need be and in different ways.

I think of Helena Sandsmark or Julia Kapatelis as part of the fam, but necessary in the same way as they others.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Hippolyta
    Steve
    Etta (classic)
    Wonder Girl (Donna)
    Julie and Vanessa
    Nubia
    Artemis
    Ferdinand
    Myndi
    Darnell/Michaelis/Sasha/whoever
    I do love Myndi Mayer.

Hippolyta
    Donna
    Cassie
    Nubia
    Yara
    Artemis
    Steve
    Etta

...my most important [Wonder Woman Family characters] - Diana's speed dial, last standing ride-or-dies...costumed, heroic warriors!

Donna Troy
    Q. Hippolyta
    Artemis
    Q. Nubia
    Wonder Girls
    Dr. Minerva (Cheetah)
    Siegfried
    Hercules
    Fury II
    I Ching

Etta Candy and Col. Trevor, whom I exclusively consider supporting characters, should also be included in any endgame scenario.
    I didn't know we were attacking each other for our lists - lists of fictional comic book characters, we were invited to make and were HAPPY to make. I posted a list like anyone else's, no better or worse than anyone else's, but...

This is a teachable moment, ..especially for male Wonderfans, who post here.

There's some things that need to be said openly, even if they go in one, self-flagellating man-ear, and right out the other! Ha! What the teachable part? Free men, all biologies and all orientations, who work hard as any woman for their families' happiness ..and for our own, don't owe us anything, aren't required to take suffer for membership in our fan community ..and don't deserve to be punished for the Western world's continuing struggle toward freedom and equality among the sexes.

Being male, traditionally masculine and a Wonder Woman fan doesn't consign you to regular platters of crap, for expressing your ideas in this forum. No Diana I every loved reading would stand for that, and neither will I.

I'm sorry, Scott. This thread really looked like fun, and it's BEEN fun, when you first posted it. All we need to do is treat each other with a modicum of intelligence and respect, and we could all have such a great time, with each other. All we wanted to do is post a list of our ideal Wonder Family and cheer each other on - it's JUST a comic! Why couldn't we just do that?

In advance...sorry, Scott. That said, my list stands unchanged, with NO apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    As long as you keep bringing up I Ching I'm going to mention Hunter Prince, he was by far the best male Wonder (Jason and Achilles wish they were so cool).
    And let me tell you something about Hunter Prince. He is a morose, post-feminist self-hating male...worse - a self-hating Superman!

His whole deal is being a Superman-level hero, tormented by what he perceives to be his mother's rejection of his gender. He's got all the power any male of any sexual orientation would dream of having, but can't enjoy it or be celebrated for it, because his masculinity isn't validated by Mama, and his sorority with the Amazons is an accident of his birth. Free, empowered women and their conscious male allies and other self-hating, apologetic men don't have to control or punish this 'Hercules', because his whole existence is a punishment! Misandrists men and women think all men must be controlled and punished; in their eyes, that's the PRICE Hunter has to pay to be a male Wonder. As I see it, that's the only reason he gets any traction with our fan community, ..many of whom hold misandrist beliefs.

Why does a Wonder Man or Wonder Boy have to suffer, as much as Hunter suffers, for his wonder-power and place in the family? Did Virbius Rex, ..even before his resurrection by the goddess Artemis?

I used to think Hunter was so cool, because of his awesome, Shazam-level powers, being Diana's SON [Wow!]...and a male Amazon? I was really excited about the possibilities of this character, before I figured out he's basically sad Superman. He's tormented by his origin, so he's safe and non-threatening to manhaters and self-flagellating, post-feminist men. Sorry...not participating in the unnecessary demonization of strong men or even all men, ..knowing it to be just as wasteful and destructive as oppression and demonization of free women.

I'm a proud, fifty-plus, liberal, multicultural, stridently heterosexual, post-feminist man. As a boy, with a Big Jack action figure in one hand and a Bionic Man in the other, ..I cheered on the bra-burning, picket sign carrying Women's Lib Movement, the real Wonder-women - an eye witness to it, every day! I know men, who loved those women...grew up with sons they raised, who honor them with hard work, that supports their families and empowers their wives and daughters - men, who bust their humps every day for someone else's happiness - EVERY day. I know men, who nurture their children and their friends, support disabled neighbors and elders and get next to no appreciation for it, from Oprah or anybody else - heroes in silence, no talk show topic...no fanfare. So, I don't need to rally around a sick, self-hating Superman fantasy for kicks...

And that's all Hunter has to offer us. Thanks, ..but no thanks.

Next to Egg Fu and Doctor Poison, I Ching [Ching Ai, properly?] ..is the most important and well-known Asian character in WW comics. Like any potentially great comic character, he can only shine with time and development, and he's had more of that in the Batman comics, than at home in WW. Proud of my selection, proud of I Ching and wouldn't change it for the world...

But you bring up whoever you want, Kori, and I will bring up whoever I bloody well please. How's that?

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    No idea why you keep having Hippolyta's rapist and the subjugator of the amazons on this list. Or cheetah for that matter.
    I have no idea what makes you think [Are you thinking or obsessing?] that there weren't two or three different DCU accountings of Hercules, before Perez's rape/punishment/redemption story, ..just as there have been multiple accountings of scheming murderess Queen Hippolyta, sex pirate Amazons, black twin Nubia, mass-murdering Circe, heterosexual Achilles and whoever. Why you choose to look past the Harley Quinns, Circes, Silver Swans and even Cheetahs, to obsess over Hercules, is your problem - keep it your problem and don't make it mine.

While nobody could be more THRILLED about Cheetah joining the cast, which is the BEST since World War II, ..and I own total hypocrisy on THAT, ..I'm also cheering on George Perez's Hercules, who stood with the Amazons and led them into battle against their worst enemy, Circe, in WOGs. Long before that, in the Silver Age - the post-Crisis realism of 'Herakles', decades in the future - he was a fairy godfather sprinkling magic strength over infant Wonder Woman's cradle, ..willing that she would be more powerful and a greater legend, than ever he could have been. I celebrate him for that - you don't have to, preferring to punish ALL traditionally masculine men, who don't genuflect to female superiority, and who don't suffer or apologize for wielding great power.

God forbid they ever enjoy it...?

Anyway, Hercules has a long, complex and conflicting presence in the Wonderverse. He devoted his great strength (not as great as in Shazam comics)...pledged it to his struggling Amazon cousins, to call upon whenever they should need it - amazing! That is a testament to the transformative power of the Amazons, greater than any in the Wonder mythos, written by a beloved WW artist and storyteller, ..if you're not up to your neck in misandry.

I have no idea what makes you think you have to approve of mine or anyone else's 'ideal' Wonder family members - fictional characters in a comic book. Here's an idea...

You [?] ..don't.

Hercules might be the least likely of heroes to be honored among the Amazons - he was - or be moved enough by their struggle to lead them into battle. He did, though, and it was glorious, ..and I think he woud do it again.

So Hercules is on my list.

Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-05-2023 at 02:26 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I didn't know we were attacking each other for our lists - lists of fictional comic book characters, we were invited to make and were HAPPY to make. I posted a list like anyone else's, no better or worse than anyone else's, but...

There's some things that need to be said openly, even if they go in one, self-flagellating man-ear, and right out the other! Ha! What the teachable part? Free men, all biologies and all orientations, who work hard as any woman for their families' happiness ..and for our own, don't owe us anything, aren't required to take suffer for membership in our fan community ..and don't deserve to be punished for the Western world's continuing struggle toward freedom and equality among the sexes.

Being male, traditionally masculine and a Wonder Woman fan doesn't consign you to regular platters of crap, for expressing your ideas in this forum. No Diana I every loved reading would stand for that, and neither will I.

I'm sorry, Scott. This thread really looked like fun, and it's BEEN fun, when you first posted it. All we need to do is treat each other with a modicum of intelligence and respect, and we could all have such a great time, with each other. All we wanted to do is post a list of our ideal Wonder Family and cheer each other on - it's JUST a comic! Why couldn't we just do that?

In advance...sorry, Scott. That said, my list stands unchanged, with NO apologies.

And let me tell you something about Hunter Prince. He is a morose, post-feminist self-hating male...worse - a self-hating Superman!

His whole deal is being a Superman-level hero, tormented by what he perceives to be his mother's rejection of his gender. He's got all the power any male of any sexual orientation would dream of having, but can't enjoy it or be celebrated for it, because his masculinity isn't validated by Mama, and his sorority with the Amazons is an accident of his birth. Free, empowered women and their conscious male allies and other self-hating, apologetic men don't have to control or punish this 'Hercules', because his whole existence is a punishment! Misandrists men and women think all men must be controlled and punished; in their eyes, that's the PRICE Hunter has to pay to be a male Wonder. As I see it, that's the only reason he gets any traction with our fan community, ..many of whom hold misandrist beliefs.

Why does a Wonder Man or Wonder Boy have to suffer, as much as Hunter suffers, for his wonder-power and place in the family? Did Virbius Rex, ..even before his resurrection by the goddess Artemis?

I used to think Hunter was so cool, because of his awesome, Shazam-level powers, being Diana's SON [Wow!]...and a male Amazon? I was really excited about the possibilities of this character, before I figured out he's basically sad Superman. He's tormented by his origin, so he's safe and non-threatening to manhaters and self-flagellating, post-feminist men. Sorry...not participating in the unnecessary demonization of strong men or even all men, ..knowing it to be just as wasteful and destructive as oppression and demonization of free women.

I'm a proud, fifty-plus, liberal, multicultural, stridently heterosexual, post-feminist man. As a boy, with a Big Jack action figure in one hand and a Bionic Man in the other, ..I cheered on the bra-burning, picket sign carrying Women's Lib Movement, the real Wonder-women - an eye witness to it, every day! I know men, who loved those women...grew up with sons they raised, who honor them with hard work, that supports their families and empowers their wives and daughters - men, who bust their humps every day for someone else's happiness - EVERY day. I know men, who nurture their children and their friends, support disabled neighbors and elders and get next to no appreciation for it, from Oprah or anybody else - heroes in silence, no talk show topic...no fanfare. So, I don't need to rally around a sick, self-hating Superman fantasy for kicks...

Next to Egg Fu and Doctor Poison, I Ching [Ching Ai, properly?] ..is the most important and well-known Asian character in WW comics. Like any potentially great comic character, he can only shine with time and development, and he's had more of that in the Batman comics, than at home in WW. Proud of my selection, proud of I Ching and wouldn't change it for the world...

But you bring up whoever you want, Kori, and I will bring up whoever I bloody well please. How's that?

I have no idea what makes you think [Are you thinking or obsessing?] that there weren't two or three different DCU accountings of Hercules, before Perez's rape/punishment/redemption story, ..just as there have been multiple accountings of scheming murderess Queen Hippolyta, sex pirate Amazons, black twin Nubia, mass-murdering Circe, heterosexual Achilles and whoever. Why you choose to look past the Harley Quinns, Circes, Silver Swans and even Cheetahs, to obsess over Hercules, is your problem - keep it your problem and don't make it mine.

While nobody could be more THRILLED about Cheetah joining the cast, which is the BEST since World War II, ..and I own total hypocrisy on THAT, ..I'm also cheering on George Perez's Hercules, who stood with the Amazons and led them into battle against their worst enemy, Circe, in WOGs. Long before that, in the Silver Age - the post-Crisis realism of 'Herakles', decades in the future - he was a fairy godfather sprinkling magic strength over infant Wonder Woman's cradle, ..willing that she would be more powerful and a greater legend, than ever he could have been. I celebrate him for that - you don't have to, preferring to punish ALL traditionally masculine men, who don't genuflect to female superiority, and who don't suffer or apologize for wielding great power.

Anyway, Hercules has a long, complex and conflicting presence in the Wonderverse. He devoted his great strength (not as great as in Shazam comics)...pledged it to his struggling Amazon cousins, to call upon whenever they should need it - amazing! That is a testament to the transformative power of the Amazons, greater than any in the Wonder mythos, written by a beloved WW artist and storyteller, ..if you're not up to your neck in misandry.

I have no idea what makes you think you have to approve of mine or anyone else's 'ideal' Wonder family members - fictional characters in a comic book. Here's an idea...

You [?] ..don't.

Hercules might be the least likely of heroes to be honored among the Amazons - he was - or be moved enough by their struggle to lead them into battle. He did, though, and it was glorious, ..and I think he woud do it again.

And who said Hercules didn't give as much strength in the wonderverse as the shazam verse? If he gave WW greater strength than himself, then she should be stronger than shazam.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm ok with leaving Hercules as a villain who contributed nothing to Diana, and is weaker than her. The strength should come from Demeter, and Hercules and his gross dad should be shining examples of the toxic masculinity Diana, the Amazons and her male allies stand against. We have Superman as her friend/ally who is a better man than Hercules by every metric, a (carefully and sparingly done) guest spot where he helps the Amazons would be the only showcase we need for such an ally. pointing out how the WW Hercules is a creep who should be regarded as a villain isn't misandry.

Billy should be on his own Earth, and the totemic spell that grants Captain Marvel his strength should draw from a different Hercules to explain why Billy is as strong as Diana, while she is stronger than the Villainous Hercules on her Earth
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 01-05-2023 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post

You [?] ..don't.

This 'why am I persecuted' attitude of yours is so funny to me. I didn't say one single thing about traditionally masculine men, where they stood in relation to the wonder mythos, or anything about fans enjoying male characters in her world.

Herakles is not this ideal male figure you think he is, that's the whole message of the amazon's story and it just goes right over your head. His redemption was poorly handled and it's probably one of the only universal complaints about Perez's run. And he hasn't been responsible for Diana's strength since that page was printed.

You have such an imaginative mind, you constantly write paragraphs in posts mixing your own head canons in other threads anyway, why are you so dead set on having this character where he shouldn't be? You can't make your own? You can't think of any other masculine men, whatever your definition of 'traditional masculinity' is, for Diana to call an ally?
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Yeah, kind of bad timing to coming to Hercules defense given the most recent WW issue we just got, lol.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, kind of bad timing to coming to Hercules defense given the most recent WW issue we just got, lol.
    The only good Herc is a dead Herc.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 01-05-2023 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Haha as I was reading his comment I was thinking about how much he'd hate Historia. The closest thing it has to a good dude is a (literally) fruity chaotic neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm ok with leaving Hercules as a villain who contributed nothing to Diana, and is weaker than her. The strength should come from Demeter, and Hercules and his gross dad should be shining examples of the toxic masculinity Diana, the Amazons and her male allies stand against. We have Superman as her friend/ally who is a better man than Hercules by every metric, a (carefully and sparingly done) guest spot where he helps the Amazons would be the only showcase we need for such an ally. pointing out how the WW Hercules is a creep who should be regarded as a villain isn't misandry.

Billy should be on his own Earth, and the totemic spell that grants Captain Marvel his strength should draw from a different Hercules to explain why Billy is as strong as Diana, while she is stronger than the Villainous Hercules on her Earth
    Why overcomplicate it? Just make her slightly stronger than Shazam. "Stronger than Hercules" is her whole thing (and has actual thematic significance) and he's got advantages she doesn't have with the lightning powers and more consistent durability.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    And who said Hercules didn't give as much strength in the wonderverse as the shazam verse? If he gave WW greater strength than himself, then she should be stronger than shazam.
    Byrne WW doctrine... Diana is second in power, ONLY to Superman. [Period]

That's what I subscribe to, as a fan reading any story in which WW is interacting with other characters. For whatever reason (bad, LAZY, or misogynist editing), that rule has never been extended to the Greek gods, from whom WW gets her powers. For examples, you can find any number of DCC stories, where Superman is slapping around the Greeks, like a drunken nun at a Catholic boys school...

"Get in that corner and shut up, before I put you on a leash, you little malcontent bidge@$$es!"

All of Hercules run-ins with superheroes leave him looking bad. Like Three Stooges bad.

Editors don't seem to understand that letting writers make the Greeks, like Herc and Zeus, look like chumps, ..makes WW look even worse.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-05-2023 at 06:07 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!