Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm dying to read what happens next with Jean and Maddie and tempted to look for spoilers from Dark X-Men 3... that's not out next week though is it?

BANNED

Yeah, I think you'll be pleased with the third issue. It's almost as if this event needn't have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Yeah, I think you'll be pleased with the third issue. It's almost as if this event needn't have happened.
    Lol, it really is a lackluster event IMHO.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    All things considered, it shouldn't have.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CapCyke View Post
    Logan ? He has nothing to do with the infamous "Pryor vs. Summers-Grey" drama.

I hope she will have a confrontation with Sinister. And that she will come out of the Dark Web as a badass anti hero a la Elektra for example, instead of the evil clone.
    That's because Logan saw it coming and ran away as fast as his stubby little legs could carry him.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    That's because Logan saw it coming and ran away as fast as his stubby little legs could carry him.
    Hmm. Logan sounds smart. Always get out of the way of family drama.

--jthree

Extraordinary Member

I am really hoping that Maddie gets the boot from Limbo by Belasco in the MJ/Black Cat limited series. Put her back on Earth with just the natural Jean mutant abilities and no more dark magic.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I am really hoping that Maddie gets the boot from Limbo by Belasco in the MJ/Black Cat limited series. Put her back on Earth with just the natural Jean mutant abilities and no more dark magic.
    She can keep the magic after all it is part of her occult nature but that cumbersome sickle hasn’t won any point with me so far.
    Last edited by Daedra; 01-21-2023 at 09:03 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    She can keep the magic after all is part of her occult nature but that cumbersome sickle hasn’t won any point with me so far.
    Nope...clean break from all the dark stuff. Let her end up with a happy life of her own.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Nope...clean break from all the dark stuff. Let her end up with a happy life of her own.
    the way I see it magic is just a tool, a miserable person without magic is still miserable, Madelyne attitude for the mystic arts is unique to her, stripping it away would be a mistake.
    Last edited by Daedra; 01-21-2023 at 08:13 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Agreed. If she loses the magic element she's literally just a less powerful duplicate of Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Agreed. If she loses the magic element she's literally just a less powerful duplicate of Jean.
    And to Selene's point mutantkind can use more magic users.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member

Just had a thought. When Jean and Maddie temporarily "merged" or shared memories or whatever at the end of the original Inferno, but wouldn't Jean have gained the memories and feelings of Scott leaving Maddie and the baby for her? Was that angle ever pursued in the past thirty years of the Scott/Jean/Maddie triangle? Can you imagine Jean suddenly going, "I'm sorry Scott, but I know what Maddie went through, and I can't respect a man who would abandon his wife and child." That would have been an interesting side angle.

--jthree

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I think at the time Jean would have had much more opressive memories and feelings overall to deal with...as was told/mentioned in the later issues of X-Factor post Inferno. But no...nothing so specific as "the trauma of being left while with child for another woman" was ever mentioned.

Though in one issue of X-Factor, just after (or before?) Mutant Massacre I think, Jean did blow up at Scott when she found out that he was married. And he did go back to them, but by that time both mother and child had gone missing.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-21-2023 at 12:12 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    Just had a thought. When Jean and Maddie temporarily "merged" or shared memories or whatever at the end of the original Inferno, but wouldn't Jean have gained the memories and feelings of Scott leaving Maddie and the baby for her? Was that angle ever pursued in the past thirty years of the Scott/Jean/Maddie triangle? Can you imagine Jean suddenly going, "I'm sorry Scott, but I know what Maddie went through, and I can't respect a man who would abandon his wife and child." That would have been an interesting side angle.
    https://uncannyxmen.net/comics/issue...-1st-series-53

--jthree
    Jean comes nearest to mention it in X-Factor (first series) #53: https://uncannyxmen.net/comics/issue...-1st-series-53
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliemarie
    On top of Belvedere Castle, Scott asks Jean if she heard him, if she will marry him. He tells her how much hhttps://uncannyxmen.net/comics/issue/x-factor-1st-series-53e loves her, but Jean cuts him off. She reminds him that he has loved her, the Phoenix posing as her, and her clone Madelyne. All their combined memories of loving Scott feel like they are pushing her into Scott’s arms and forcing her to love him. Jean tells him she does love him, but she won’t marry him.
    Last edited by Anodyne; 10-22-2023 at 02:50 PM.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan