Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

[QUOTE=Anodyne;6345031]Jean comes nearest to mention it in X-Factor (first series) #53: https://uncannyxmen.net/comics/issue...-1st-series-53
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliemarie
    On top of Belvedere Castle, Scott asks Jean if she heard him, if she will marry him. He tells her how much hhttps://uncannyxmen.net/comics/issue/x-factor-1st-series-53e loves her, but Jean cuts him off. She reminds him that he has loved her, the Phoenix posing as her, and her clone Madelyne. All their combined memories of loving Scott feel like they are pushing her into Scott’s arms and forcing her to love him. Jean tells him she does love him, but she won’t marry him.
    Well, that sounds confusing. First Jean is the phoenix. Then she isn't. Possibility Maddie is the phoenix. Then she isn't. She's a clone. Then Jean is the Phoenix again, and disappears. Then she isn't. Such a coherent love story. Did wonder if it was ever addressed, than when Scott left Maddie for Jean (though there were two separate X teams at the time) if some of the X-team like Ororo and Kitty might have been disgusted with Scott because they knew Maddie more. All these questions come to the table, three decades late.

--jthree

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    the way I see it magic is just a tool, a miserable person without magic is still miserable, Madelyne attitude for the mystic arts is unique to her, stripping it away would be a mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Agreed. If she loses the magic element she's literally just a less powerful duplicate of Jean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    And to Selene's point mutantkind can use more magic users.
    All good points and I agree with all of them.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It really wasn't confusing at all. Perhaps you should read the books.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I think we’ll see Maddie in Uncanny Avengers
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I think at the time Jean would have had much more opressive memories and feelings overall to deal with...as was told/mentioned in the later issues of X-Factor post Inferno. But no...nothing so specific as "the trauma of being left while with child for another woman" was ever mentioned.

Though in one issue of X-Factor, just after (or before?) Mutant Massacre I think, Jean did blow up at Scott when she found out that he was married. And he did go back to them, but by that time both mother and child had gone missing.
    Good memory. Here's proof...

BANNED

A leak from the Spider-Books today reveals...

spoilers:
    Maddie's staff is taken by Chasm, and wielding it transforms him into a Kaiju Power Ranger villain, he decrees himself 'King' of Limbo
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Good memory. Here's proof...
    What issue of X-Factor is that from?
    --jthree

Fantastic Member

Boy! That remark from Scott about Madelyne, "It should have been you" is cold.
    --jthree

Astonishing Member

I like where Dark Web has Maddy, not obsessing over Jean, not caring a whit about Scott and possibly getting back together with Alex, and wanting a connection with her son. They keep dropping hints about a new X-team book at least Alex was, I might really like it if Zeb would restart Hellions with Maddy joining the team, if the book kept going that is where it seemed to be headed since Maddy was in more issues than any non members in fact she might have been in more issues than some, Empath. I would love to see her revisit her healing powers from the X-Men Avengers crossover, even as a 2ndary power set. I would also like to see her at least attempt to bring Styfe into the fold or have him resurrected since she wouldn't see him as less just because he is a clone. Zeb did a great job of making me care about Scalphunter and gave depth to Revanche, if he gave the same thought and care to Maddy and Alex, that would be great.

I found it strange that Maddy had hard feelings towards Havok when he was the only character publicly lobbying for her resurrection. I felt the Jean line was thrown in to help smooth things over but the only person that was Team Maddy initially weren't Emma and Jean it was Alex. So an X-team book with Alex and Maddy where she creates a better relationship with Cable and goes after Sinister would be the X-book I want most. While I am dreaming, written by Claremont and drawn by Silverstri. The Outback/Inferno era was when both Alex and Maddy were written the best and when I think of powerful Maddy images in my mind they are all drawn by Silverstri.

Zeb restarting Hellions with Madelyn and Alex as leads would be a dream.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    A leak from the Spider-Books today reveals...

spoilers:
    Maddie's staff is taken by Chasm, and wielding it transforms him into a Kaiju Power Ranger villain, he decrees himself 'King' of Limbo
    end of spoilers
    Well, damn. S*** got real.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    What issue of X-Factor is that from?
    --jthree

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I like where Dark Web has Maddy, not obsessing over Jean, not caring a whit about Scott and possibly getting back together with Alex, and wanting a connection with her son. They keep dropping hints about a new X-team book at least Alex was, I might really like it if Zeb would restart Hellions with Maddy joining the team, if the book kept going that is where it seemed to be headed since Maddy was in more issues than any non members in fact she might have been in more issues than some, Empath. I would love to see her revisit her healing powers from the X-Men Avengers crossover, even as a 2ndary power set. I would also like to see her at least attempt to bring Styfe into the fold or have him resurrected since she wouldn't see him as less just because he is a clone. Zeb did a great job of making me care about Scalphunter and gave depth to Revanche, if he gave the same thought and care to Maddy and Alex, that would be great.

I found it strange that Maddy had hard feelings towards Havok when he was the only character publicly lobbying for her resurrection. I felt the Jean line was thrown in to help smooth things over but the only person that was Team Maddy initially weren't Emma and Jean it was Alex. So an X-team book with Alex and Maddy where she creates a better relationship with Cable and goes after Sinister would be the X-book I want most. While I am dreaming, written by Claremont and drawn by Silverstri. The Outback/Inferno era was when both Alex and Maddy were written the best and when I think of powerful Maddy images in my mind they are all drawn by Silverstri.
    Well...2 out or 3 ain't bad. I do like Maddie getting some redemption. But her and Alex are a dumpster fire...after a couple hundred pounds of feces have been thrown in the dumpster.

I did like how Alex was portrayed in Astonishing X-Men and would love to see him assemble his own team doing its own thing. We already know that James Proudstar would follow him anywhere.

All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quick updated (from Amazing Spider-Man #18):

Madelyne tries to reason with Ben, crediting Jean with changing her stance and perspective. However, Hallow's Eve steals Madelyne's scythe, throws her off a cliff, and gives the scythe to Ben, who turns into King Chasm.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I forgot the best part. Jean is like, "Oop." lol!

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."