Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Quick updated (from Amazing Spider-Man #18):

Madelyne tries to reason with Ben, crediting Jean with changing her stance and perspective. However, Hallow's Eve steals Madelyne's scythe, throws her off a cliff, and gives the scythe to Ben, who turns into King Chasm.

The sad thing is that if Chasm had stuck around to hear her out, Madelyne and Jean could have teamed up and used a telepathic circuit between him and Peter to copy Peter's foundational memories onto Chasm and restore him to good old Ben Reilly. Besides that, I am happy (it looks like) Madelyne can finally move forward with her life without resenting Jean.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The sad thing is that if Chasm had stuck around to hear her out, Madelyne and Jean could have teamed up and used a telepathic circuit between him and Peter to copy Peter's foundational memories onto Chasm and restore him to good old Ben Reilly. Besides that, I am happy (it looks like) Madelyne can finally move forward with her life without resenting Jean.
    Well, Chasm is a little bitch so that's not surprising...

Either way, so I've been wondering, is Madelyne almost exclusively using magic? What I randomly saw of her in the Krakoa era didn't look like she used telepathy or telekineses, and in Dark Web: X-Men#2, she explicitly says she was doing a magic spell on Jean and Illyana, instead of just using telepathy, and she only seemed to use those powers in the very next issue to fight Jean, so aside from that one, did I miss her using her telepathy/telekinesis?

Then again, it is possible that whole illusion she made was telepathy to begin with, while the memories she was gonna get from Jean was magic...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

They never really explain what Maddy's actual powers are just that she is very powerful. She could read baby Nathan's thoughts in Inferno, and she could tell that Alex was suffering from inversion in Hellions but she doesn't seem to constantly be able to read people's thoughts. In Inferno it was hard to tell what was just Phoenix force level telekinetics and what was demon magic. However since Maddy never studied magic not quite sure of how those powers work and how she knows how to use them. Like turning Jean's parents into demons. Could her adeptness at magic been behind her Anodyne healing powers and explain how she took so quickly to Limbo demon magic? Who knows it is yet to be explained. How did she not see her former underling was about to take her scythe and throw her off a building, and how can you throw a high level teke off a building, when she can float and fly via her telekinetics.
    Last edited by EmeraldGladiator; 01-26-2023 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    They never really explain what Maddy's actual powers are just that she is very powerful. She could read baby Nathan's thoughts in Inferno, and she could tell that Alex was suffering from inversion in Hellions but she doesn't seem to constantly be able to read people's thoughts. In Inferno it was hard to tell what was just Phoenix force level telekinetics and what was demon magic. However since Maddy never studied magic not quite sure of how those powers work and how she knows how to use them. Like turning Jean's parents into demons. Could her adeptness at magic been behind her Anodyne healing powers and explain how she took so quickly to Limbo demon magic? Who knows it is yet to be explained. How did she not see her former underling was about to take her scythe and throw her off a building, and how can you throw a high level teke off a building, when she can float and fly via her telekinetics.
    To be honest I found the X-Men side of this event better written than the Spider-Man one, I won’t further elaborate but as you pointed out there is a lot left to be desired when it comes to the plot execution and its details.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Hopefully the recent developments mean that I am finally one possibility closer to Madelyne becoming an Avenger someday. Or an Ultimate. Or a Defender.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Hopefully the recent developments mean that I am finally one possibility closer to Madelyne becoming an Avenger someday. Or an Ultimate. Or a Defender.
    Yeah, but first, Maddie has to survive that fall, lol. (Her screaming makes it seem like she won't save herself.)
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, but first, Maddie has to survive that fall, lol. (Her screaming makes it seem like she won't save herself.)
    I pray Saint Jean doesn't do it (groan). Team Maddy all day every day.

Astonishing Member

Maybe Anodyne who isn't a fan of the Goblin Queen stuff has a better understanding on what exactly Maddy's powers are? I really don't understand them myself. High level teke, low level telepath with some demon magic stuff (and hopefully some latent healing abilities)???

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    To be honest I found the X-Men side of this event better written than the Spider-Man one, I won’t further elaborate but as you pointed out there is a lot left to be desired when it comes to the plot execution and its details.
    As a fan of both, I would cosign you. Hell, almost nobody I know or interact with in the Spider-Fandom is a fan of how this event has been shaking out for Spider-Man himself (Peter Parker or Ben Reilly) thus far.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Just noticed the similarities between the ANODYNE and new GOBLIN QUEEN costumes. Madelyne likes sectioned skirt.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Astonishing Member

While not nuanced or written nearly as well as Claremont in the Outback. I am very happy to have Maddy back in the Marvel universe proper. Wells had me really excited after her first appearance/death tell them I am/was a real person. I am curious if there are plans in place for her and Havok and the Hellions and Dark Web of it all were just instruments in place to move them to a particular part of the chess board for use later.

Red Goblin Queen was quite the sight, I’m pleased with her look

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member

classic Maddy with Red tint looks very dark Phoenix-y

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Red Goblin Queen was quite the sight, I’m pleased with her look

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    classic Maddy with Red tint looks very dark Phoenix-y
    Yes, it looks like Maddie actually transformed into the Goblin Queen and her hair is very much poofier and longer than just as herself.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

Maddy's new direction for Limbo, might make her mindset central to a relaunch of the Hellions book or a mission statement for an Uncanny Avengers book. I can see Maddy on such a team. I could also see Warren (Archangel) and Roberto (Sunspot) on such a team all four of them have had extended runs on the bad guy side on the fence so they could all be in for redemption type storylines. Both Maddy and Warren both have a history of healing others as well. Anodyne for Maddy and Warren's time as a psuedo-religiously angelic character. Doc Samson might be a good side character on whatever book they are on because they could all use some mental counciling.