Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Yassss, really love the Dark X-Men announcement a Maddy/Alex team book has been pointed to since Hellions #1. This is the first Xbook to get me excited since Hellions got shuttered.
    Could be good, yeah. Considering Uncanny Spider-Man is launching around that point as well . . . I'm hoping we get some follow-up on her fellow suffering clone, The Chasm Formerly Known as Ben Reilly.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Was reading the Q&A with Dark X-Men writer and I liked what I heard for the most part. Maddy is coherent, confident and has agency. She is driven and I like that. A Maddy in charge of her own destiny is something we really have never gotten to see. The writer also claims to be a fan of the Outback Era which is for me the definitive version of the character. Hopefully this can lead to an ongoing.

Astonishing Member

It looks like (thanks to Jean's prompting) Maddy's summoning of the X-men, "To me my X-men!" seemingly put some ideas in Maddy's head (according to the writer of DXM). I am cool with that. I just hope Alex isn't reduced to a basic himbo in this scenario. I am all for Maddy being in charge but the Summers leadership gene is a thing so hopefully he will at least be an effective hand of the King/consigliere. I am ready for Outback Maddy to be a boss in the X-verse!
    Last edited by EmeraldGladiator; 04-28-2023 at 08:20 AM.

Astonishing Member

As much as I buy EVERY Maddy appearance, heck sometimes I buy books she isn't in but is on an alternate cover. However there was a solicit for Maddy that I really don't care for. The Jean Grey miniseries name drops Maddy but see Maddy has never been written worse than she was in Simonson's X-Factor Inferno issues. If there is a cool Maddy cover or just the Maddy issue maybe but I am not really having high hopes about it. Then again maybe that was an editorial mandate.

I liked Maddy when she was first introduced and more when she was hanging with the X-Men in Australia. Not so much after she became the Goblin Queen. The Dark Web event didn't make me like her any more. I don't hate her though.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    As much as I buy EVERY Maddy appearance, heck sometimes I buy books she isn't in but is on an alternate cover. However there was a solicit for Maddy that I really don't care for. The Jean Grey miniseries name drops Maddy but see Maddy has never been written worse than she was in Simonson's X-Factor Inferno issues. If there is a cool Maddy cover or just the Maddy issue maybe but I am not really having high hopes about it. Then again maybe that was an editorial mandate.

If I were you, I'd keep an eye out for Q&As with Simonson and ask her what her opinion is of Maddie now. That's the only way you're going to know ahead of time if it's bad or not. Without getting spoilers, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    If I were you, I'd keep an eye out for Q&As with Simonson and ask her what her opinion is of Maddie now. That's the only way you're going to know ahead of time if it's bad or not. Without getting spoilers, anyway.
    Agreed. It's possible her take on Maddie has changed and Inferno in general was indeed an editorial mandate where they simply had to get rid of her and make readers be okay with that (making her evil). But with Maddie returning and actually leading a team of X-Men now, I can see Simonson delivering a much different side of the character.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

2023 is shaping up to be a great year for all of them redheads... hopefully Rachel will find herself a new home, too.

Happy Mother's Day!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Happy Mother's Day!
    Maddie sure knows how to win a Mother of the year competition lol

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Happy Mother's Day!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Yeah, that was pretty f***ed up. Marvel really went overboard with the whole "make Madelyne evil" thing.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Yeah, that was pretty f***ed up. Marvel really went overboard with the whole "make Madelyne evil" thing.
    I know, right?! Glad they all came to their senses since then, though...

I’m starting my internship today at 11 AM and still have X-Men and this forum on my mind. I need to stop! Anyway, here are some previews.

https://twitter.com/LukaNieto/status...85825064697857

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

The art for this looks great!

And congratulations on the internship.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm probably one of the very few Maddie fans who loved her during Inferno. And want(ed) her to retain some of that evil vibe. If nothing else, Claremont and Simonson sure knew how to take a character through their paces.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!