Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That feels like decades ago.
    It was a long ass while ago, but that's my point.

Between her introduction and OYL, Cass was rarely if ever used outside her own title. Dick and Tim coasted into other books like it was no big thing, but not Cass. She never got an arc in Gotham Knights, was little more than a cameo in Superman/Batman series and never had much meaningful interaction with the rest of the Bat fam outside of Oracle.

She was, IMO, the red headed step child. And obviously, while it was worse under Dan D, it is still true today.

Still no teamups with the rest of the fam, no real relationships developed with characters save the existing ones (or Duke, but they could hardly avoid it with that crappy Outsiders book), nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    It was a long ass while ago, but that's my point.

Between her introduction and OYL, Cass was rarely if ever used outside her own title. Dick and Tim coasted into other books like it was no big thing, but not Cass. She never got an arc in Gotham Knights, was little more than a cameo in Superman/Batman series and never had much meaningful interaction with the rest of the Bat fam outside of Oracle.

She was, IMO, the red headed step child. And obviously, while it was worse under Dan D, it is still true today.

Still no teamups with the rest of the fam, no real relationships developed with characters save the existing ones (or Duke, but they could hardly avoid it with that crappy Outsiders book), nothing.
    I don't think it was always that severe but right now I don't think DC is as invested in "Batman and Batgirls" in general (outside Batman's one major appearance in Batgirls).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think it was always that severe but right now I don't think DC is as invested in "Batman and Batgirls" in general (outside Batman's one major appearance in Batgirls).
    It's not as if they have to pay a single actor or even run it past legal for Cass to appear in a Batman arc.

It's not as if they have to pay a single actor or even run it past legal for Cass to appear in a Batman arc.
    Which only really stands out if you assume Cass should have more relevance to Bruce because of Post-Crisis but I think they're just treating her like another Batgirl.

To be fair out of all of the batfam her biggest cast is indeed Babs given how much Babs is a big sister /mother figure to Cass. It's why there so many who think maybe there should be a Oracle and Cass comic. Like if anything they could just reboot the BoP with Huntress, Steph and Cass.

Urban Legends #16

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post

Urban Legends #16
    Good to see Cass' eating habits haven't changed but at least she's aware of them now.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post

Urban Legends #16
    Did Cass have a single arc in Urban Legends? I'm pretty sure she didn't.

Shiva did, for some damn reason...

Did Cass have a single arc in Urban Legends? I'm pretty sure she didn't.

Shiva did, for some damn reason...
    She was a co-star in a Batwoman arc, I think...and I think she and Steph had one story in it.

She was also pretty pivotal in the Nightwing Christmas story.

DCeased War of the Undead Gods #8: Cass is the last Bat standing! (save for Steph who disappeared after that zombie Black Adam mini and Alfred who is the Spectre now so he's technically dead).

First issue of The Spirit World and Cass has an encounter with her thirsty fandom!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthborn View Post
    First issue of The Spirit World and Cass has an encounter with her thirsty fandom!
    Do tell .

How do you mean?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

As a living being in the land of the dead, every.single.spirit.and.ghost is after her living body. You know, pretty much how a rapid fandom stereotypically acts when their waifu lands in their midst. Read the issue.

As a living being in the land of the dead, every.single.spirit.and.ghost is after her living body. You know, pretty much how a rapid fandom stereotypically acts when their waifu lands in their midst. Read the issue.
    Oh, I see...