Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Honestly, I'm surprised you aren't more angry that Cassandra's identity is Orphan.

In the previous issue Damian though regarding Cassandra (after he see her defeat Barbara): Is this... love?

So, it's pretty likely the comic is trying to portray the relationship with a romantic vibe.
    That doesn't mean that it's romantic. It means exactly the opposite.

how many times have we seen in media a character take a bite of something and ask is this love
    or a woman uses a shampoo in an advert and ask the same.

It is a trope. A very well known trope. We see it a lot. It's usually in connection to an inanimate objects due to it being an over the top declaration and not something people in love ever says.

A well known phrase that's used to express non-romantic fondness for a thing/person.

It should be a reminder that ALL fondness/adoration/love isn't romantic.
    Is this love or is it the Alcohol
    Is this love or is it Dopamine.
    Is this love … or an arrhythmia?

you guys must be familiar with those joke phrases.

it means I like this. This is my jam. Damian like ass kicking. He say's it because he is impressed after viewing her beat Babs with no hands. They were bonding over fighting and cass just showed off her cool skills.

It's isn't literally him sating he is in love or crushing. It's not romantic.

why are some just assuming it's romantic when they are so many other ways one can choose to read this. Why is 'Ship alert' the 1st thing some jump to?

If anything it should be a reminder to the reader to pause and consider that there are other possibilities before running away screaming shipping. friendship, fondness, spirit animal.

this viewing every interaction via the 'Is this a ship' lens epidemic is very annoying.

This is not a ship. He doesn't have crush.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    That doesn't mean that it's romantic. It means exactly the opposite.

how many times have we seen in media a character take a bite of something and ask is this love
    or a woman uses a shampoo in an advert and ask the same.

It is a trope. A very well known trope. We see it a lot. It's usually in connection to an inanimate objects due to it being an over the top declaration and not something people in love ever says.

A well known phrase that's used to express non-romantic fondness for a thing/person.

It should be a reminder that ALL fondness/adoration/love isn't romantic.
    Is this love or is it the Alcohol
    Is this love or is it Dopamine.
    Is this love … or an arrhythmia?

you guys must be familiar with those joke phrases.

it means I like this. This is my jam. Damian like ass kicking. He say's it because he is impressed after viewing her beat Babs with no hands. They were bonding over fighting and cass just showed off her cool skills.

It's isn't literally him sating he is in love or crushing. It's not romantic.

why are some just assuming it's romantic when they are so many other ways one can choose to read this. Why is 'Ship alert' the 1st thing some jump to?

If anything it should be a reminder to the reader to pause and consider that there are other possibilities before running away screaming shipping. friendship, fondness, spirit animal.

this viewing every interaction via the 'Is this a ship' lens epidemic is very annoying.

This is not a ship. He doesn't have crush.
    I mean, I think the authors' intent on the page was clear, especially in a book that wears it's heart on it's sleeve, but that's just me. If anything just blame how they wrote it.

Ultimate Member

No matter what DC says, they only value Batgirl as a brand.

I'll believe otherwise when Cass gets an arc alone with Bruce or Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    No matter what DC says, they only value Batgirl as a brand.

I'll believe otherwise when Cass gets an arc alone with Bruce or Dick.
    The Batgirls might still make appearances, I guess.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Batgirls might still make appearances, I guess.
    They've made appearances in the past, but in group shots, extra bodies, etc.

I'm talking about an arc. When was the last time just Cass and Bruce worked together?

They've made appearances in the past, but in group shots, extra bodies, etc.

I'm talking about an arc. When was the last time just Cass and Bruce worked together?
    When was the last time Bruce and Steph worked together?

The recent Batgirls run had probably the most in-depth Bruce and Babs time we've had in years. The Batgirls just aren't a priority in Batman storylines.

Yeah, if they don't have a solo, their focus was always in other books, not Batman or Tec, right? I know Babs had Birds of Prey, and was used in Nightwing, Titans, and JLA at various times (the first two of those currently, but I'm referring to about 20 years ago too). Steph was a regular in Robin for a good chunk of the 90s/2000s series. Cass also had appearances there and was in Justice League Elite. When they do appear in a book with Batman as the main star, it's often a tertiary one. The Rebirth Tec run is an exception, but that's because that run used it as a team book for what eventually became known as the Gotham Knights, a team which did include Steph and Cass.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Some think this girl is Cass. What do you all think ? was Cass in Dcau?

D142A288-ED7B-4695-A597-591909BDCC70.jpg

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Some think this girl is Cass. What do you all think ? was Cass in Dcau?

D142A288-ED7B-4695-A597-591909BDCC70.jpg
    Speaking of DCAU Cass:

https://twitter.com/empatheticcain/s...29879522439169

Ultimate Member

When was the last time Bruce and Steph worked together?

The recent Batgirls run had probably the most in-depth Bruce and Babs time we've had in years. The Batgirls just aren't a priority in Batman storylines.
    Bruce and Steph have actually interacted a lot outside of their own titles. Not recently, but certainly more than Bruce and Cass.

Which says a great deal about how much Cass is valued in the franchise.

Bruce and Steph have actually interacted a lot outside of their own titles. Not recently, but certainly more than Bruce and Cass.

Cass and Bruce were together in the most recent animated movie (The Doom that Came to Gotham) in which she is the only "Bat" to survive and she inherited the Wayne Estate and in the Batwheels cartoon show she is alongside Robin as his primary protégé, but I'm guessing you're limiting your scope to just the comics. The last time Cass and Bruce interacted directly was in the Gotham Knights Detective Comics run, which re-established the Cass/Steph relationship and DC has been pairing Cass and Steph together ever since. Cass has been featured in both the DCeased and DC vs Vampires books (within which Babs is prominently featured) in a respectful member and she survives both while other characters are killed off like flies in a Morteen Advertisement. And then Cass had a full storyline in the last Young Justice season and she's about to be a protagonist in the upcoming The Spirit World comic series; a non-Bat title. I'd say she's doing well.

Where though? In that One Bad Day Two-Face oneshot?

Ultimate Member

Where though? In that One Bad Day Two-Face oneshot?
    Well, I was mainly referring to the build up to War Games, way back when

Batgirl and Superboy (Cass/Kon) Character Design Commission by Drawrob

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...kon_character/

Well, I was mainly referring to the build up to War Games, way back when
    That feels like decades ago.