Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    There were hints that Shiva cares about Cass in her Batgirl run, but Shiva still tried to kill Cass in a duel.
    In comparison to pre flashpoint Shiva, Thalia Al Ghul or Cheshire really look like a mother of the year...

Cool if a variant of Cass is being featured in the new animated movie. Hope it's closer on brand than the Birds of Prey movie Cass (and I did like that variant in and of itself within the context of the movie).

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    It's why people think Babs should have adopted her if not for the deaging retcon.
    What's this about a de-aging retcon? Also, not sure about how the adoption theory has paned out long-term, but the current Batgirls series did kinda position Babs as a mother figure to Cass and Steph and that Young Justice cartoon did emphasize the bond between the two (not explicitly stated to be mother/daughter figure, but with a similar intensity, all things considered).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    In comparison to pre flashpoint Shiva, Thalia Al Ghul or Cheshire really look like a mother of the year...
    I wouldn't go that far. Before Infinite Crisis, Shiva was just indifferent with a side of willing to kill Cass in the process of a perfect kung fu death battle.

This reminds me how I wish we had gotten a good Cass vs Shiva fight in Young Justice, but they didn't want to do any hand-to-hand fights and just foisted swords on them (which completely goes against Cass' style and character).

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    What's this about a de-aging retcon?
    Originally, Babs was several years older than Dick Grayson (pre-crisis, she was even elected to Congress in the 70's). She was retconned to be roughly the same as as Dick in the mid 90's or so, probably in order to make her Dick's love interest.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
    Originally, Babs was several years older than Dick Grayson (pre-crisis, she was even elected to Congress in the 70's). She was retconned to be roughly the same as as Dick in the mid 90's or so, probably in order to make her Dick's love interest.
    In the 70s she was 7 years older than Dick (which put her half way between Dick and Bruce age wise), post crisis she iirc was still about 2 years older than Dick and I think it wasn't untill Dark Mirror that they really made her the same age as Dick.

Happy birthday Cass.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Happy Birthday .

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Happy birthday Cass.
    It makes me sad they completely erased this dynamic with David Cain in Rebirth especially now since they're trying to do a redemption-esq with Shiva

hell YJ basically just gave Shiva that role of abusive mentor figure without any redeeming qualities.

Mighty Member

Happy Birthday Cass.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    It makes me sad they completely erased this dynamic with David Cain in Rebirth especially now since they're trying to do a redemption-esq with Shiva

hell YJ basically just gave Shiva that role of abusive mentor figure without any redeeming qualities.
    To be fair, this dynamic was totally destroyed before New52.

DC tried to repair the terrible mistake of creating Evil Cass, so they make David Cain responsible for the magical drugs that turns Cassandra evil.

Ultimate Member

Well, Cass' character was at least a little bad ass in the latest Harley Quinn.

Still seems like a waste, though

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Well, Cass' character was at least a little bad ass in the latest Harley Quinn.

Still seems like a waste, though
    Why do they keep making her mute? Are we to assume she got her vocal chords slit again?

I mean, adding diversity and all with a sign language rep that but it's like people forget she learned to talk in the comics and that was a pivotal point for her character and she can generally speak. Having her already knowing sign language kind of misses the point of that. Cass has a voice.

Also, the Batfamily taking two other kids into the field like the same day they met them...seriously? Even by HQ standards that was a lot.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why do they keep making her mute? Are we to assume she got her vocal chords slit again?

I mean, adding diversity and all with a sign language rep that but it's like people forget she learned to talk in the comics and that was a pivotal point for her character and she can generally speak. Having her already knowing sign language kind of misses the point of that. Cass has a voice.

Also, the Batfamily taking two other kids into the field like the same day they met them...seriously? Even by HQ standards that was a lot.
    Yeah, I know.

Odd how Cass keeps showing up in HQ stuff as little more than muscle or a mucguffin. You'd think that Harley's background as a shrink would be useful in connecting to a traumatized, non verbal young woman.

Nope!

Also kinda sick of how the heroes can't do anything right, and the villains can't do anything wrong. I'm aware of protagonist centered morality and all, but this cartoon/series takes it way too far

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, I know.

Odd how Cass keeps showing up in HQ stuff as little more than muscle or a mucguffin. You'd think that Harley's background as a shrink would be useful in connecting to a traumatized, non verbal young woman.

Nope!

Also kinda sick of how the heroes can't do anything right, and the villains can't do anything wrong. I'm aware of protagonist centered morality and all, but this cartoon/series takes it way too far
    I don't think Harley was a very good therapist to begin with. And even if she was, it has been ages since she practiced.

I have some issues with the show, but it isn't accurate to say the villains never do anything wrong. The episode in which Harley causes Mr. Freeze's death due to her misunderstanding the situation is good evidence of that.