Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    So...where do we built an altar to worship Kelly at?
    Oh it gets better. Did you catch the line at the end of this week's Birds of Prey issue? She drops in out of nowhere and is told she's her father's daughter. Definitely sounds like Batman, not David Cain, which means Kelly has just restored Bruce adopting Cass into continuity!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Oh it gets better. Did you catch the line at the end of this week's Birds of Prey issue? She drops in out of nowhere and is told she's her father's daughter. Definitely sounds like Batman, not David Cain, which means Kelly has just restored Bruce adopting Cass into continuity!
    Well either that or she functionally is basically Bruce's daughter (which she is).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well either that or she functionally is basically Bruce's daughter (which she is).
    Yeah, that was my take. I don't know how canon Bruce adopting her is (canon seems to change every damn minute), but in spirit, Cass is most certainly Bruce's daughter

Very curious do you all think Cass should in DCU be not fully be able to talk like she was in the comics given her background or just be able to talk normally

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Very curious do you all think Cass should in DCU be not fully be able to talk like she was in the comics given her background or just be able to talk normally
    If it was me, it would come down to the actress's skill level at non-verbal acting, and the director's focus and skill at dialogue-less scenes.

If you had an actress who could nail "silent conversations," and the director had three or four scenes built off that idea they could pull off, then an extremely laconic, almost-monosyllabic but heart-on-her-sleeve version of Cass would be great idea.

If, on the other hand, either the actress is better at dialogue than non-verbal acting, or the director simply doesn't have an interest or skill at that type of storytelling, than a mildly more verbal, still laconic but more "competent at communication" Cass would be preferable.

Personally, though, I think that nailing her fight scenes might be even more important - and I think a great idea for her would be to make sure that all her fight scenes are choreographed by both professional stunt fighters and dance choreographers to nail just how far ahead of her opponents she is... and maybe you score all her fight scenes to different pop music you make sure the cinematography works with perfectly, like how Arcane (the League of Legends show on Netflix) highlights so many storytelling parts with impromptu "music videos."

Like, imagine if she dons her Bat outfit for the first time and feels accepted for the first time, and proceeds to just dominate a room full of thugs while completely tranquil and serene, scored and choreographed to the old "Bittersweet Symphony" song.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I don't think Cass should sound like a native English speaker. At least from the get-go.

If I'm not mistake wasn't babs that helped cass to speak has well ? I feel if we get a lot more focus on cass in someway maybe that's something they can do

I kind of liked how they had Cass speak in DC Universe Online. Her speaking sounded like it was strange thing for her to do and she wasn't used to it yet. She was putting effort into each syllable.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah. The idea of Cassandra seeing Bruce as a father was pretty common in her Batgirl solo (which happened years before the idea of Cass being adopted by Bruce was brought by Batgirl Redemption Road mini).

Maybe I'm wrong, but I remember a story where Cassandra gave Bruce a gift for Father's day in her Batgirl solo.
    Last edited by Konja7; 02-10-2024 at 04:48 PM.

No doubt about it cass is definitely going to be in DCU

temp_GGBiAWKXoAAvyNJ.jpg

No doubt about it cass is definitely going to be in DCU

temp_GGBiAWKXoAAvyNJ.jpg
    Ooh. Using an image from my Cassandra Cain Costume History List. Sweet.

I know many say just because he says he likes x character doesn't mean they will show up but there was a comment where and I can't find it where he said he would love to see cass adapted plus he has talked about cass a lot even without being asked

If I can find the article I will post it but in 2016 he said this

IMG_6337.jpg
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 02-11-2024 at 10:20 AM.

Ultimate Member

I'll believe it when I see it.

Hell, the suits might just say 'Wasn't she in BoP? Hard pass'.

Plus, Gunn has to deliver reliable movies before we can allow ourselves that flicker of hope

She'd basically be a completely different character if they adapted her now.

Astonishing Member

I know many say just because he says he likes x character doesn't mean they will show up but there was a comment where and I can't find it where he said he would love to see cass adapted plus he has talked about cass a lot even without being asked

If I can find the article I will post it but in 2016 he said this

IMG_6337.jpg
    Gunn could like Cassandra Batgirl, but I really doubt he has the power to choose based on that preference.

I know Gunn likely has a lot of power on DCU movies, but he still needs to answer to other people. The choose for Batgirl will likely be based on the more convenient option.
    Last edited by Konja7; 02-11-2024 at 02:58 PM.