Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So due to what happen in Harley Quinn. We could see Cass but at what cost
    I doubt the show will do that. I don't think I want to see them handle Cass.

Extraordinary Member

I've absolutely loved everything that Kelly Thompson and Leo Romero did over at Marvel, so they've earned more than a little leeway from me. And let's face it, Cass has been getting jobbed since DC editorial decided to make her evil to make room for Stephanie to become Batgirl. Nu 52 straight into Rebirth, unfortunately (remember how easily she got taken out in that first arc of Rebirth Detective? It's just par for the course, unfortunately).

Honestly? People just seem mad that in this case, it was Harley. Which is weird because while Deadpool has the same schtick more comic nerds have less of a problem with him the more popular he gets. As soon as we became inundated with him, that's when I lost my interest. I'm pretty much the opposite with Harley. I've started to actually like her more the more DC uses her.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I've absolutely loved everything that Kelly Thompson and Leo Romero did over at Marvel, so they've earned more than a little leeway from me. And let's face it, Cass has been getting jobbed since DC editorial decided to make her evil to make room for Stephanie to become Batgirl. Nu 52 straight into Rebirth, unfortunately (remember how easily she got taken out in that first arc of Rebirth Detective? It's just par for the course, unfortunately).

Honestly? People just seem mad that in this case, it was Harley. Which is weird because while Deadpool has the same schtick more comic nerds have less of a problem with him the more popular he gets. As soon as we became inundated with him, that's when I lost my interest. I'm pretty much the opposite with Harley. I've started to actually like her more the more DC uses her.
    I was comparing her use in here to how Deadpool is handled over at Marvel and why I didn't quite enjoy it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post

A little correction, Cassandra wasn't make evil to make room for Stephanie to become Batgirl. Stephanie was death at that point.

The plans to turn Barbara into Batgirl again in OYL were likely the reason. Even although these plans were scrapped, they decided (for some reason) to keep the plans of Cassandra turning evil.

When DC decided to turn Stephanie into Batgirl, Cassandra was good again. Also, Stephanie wasn't even the first option for Batgirl in 2009 (they considered Barbara and even Charlotte/Misfit).
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-15-2023 at 01:04 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, hard same.

Them using Cass would either mean they turn her into a joke or against the Bat family, for 'reasons'.

Looks like Steph and Cass will be in the Gotham tie-in to the Beast World event.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    A little correction, Cassandra wasn't make evil to make room for Stephanie to become Batgirl. Stephanie was death at that point.

The plans to turn Barbara into Batgirl again in OYL were likely the reason. Even although these plans were scrapped, they decided (for some reason) to keep the plans of Cassandra turning evil.

When DC decided to turn Stephanie into Batgirl, Cassandra was good again. Also, Stephanie wasn't even the first option for Batgirl in 2009 (they considered Barbara and even Charlotte/Misfit).
    Yeah, Cass actually gave her blessing for Steph to take over, handing over her costume. Though Babs gave her a brand new one a couple of issues later.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Cass actually gave her blessing for Steph to take over, handing over her costume. Though Babs gave her a brand new one a couple of issues later.
    Yeah, they had Cass hand over her costume just so that they could pretend that she might have had her own title again. Then she dove into limbo for how stinking long?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, they had Cass hand over her costume just so that they could pretend that she might have had her own title again. Then she dove into limbo for how stinking long?
    That was pretty bad from DC.

DC editors really seem to want to take the Batgirl mantle from Cass at that point. As I said, Stephanie wasn't even the first option for a new Batgirl. They originally planned Barbara to be Batgirl again, but even Charlotte/Misfit was considered (according to Gail Simone).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    That was pretty bad from DC.

DC editors really seem to want to take the Batgirl mantle from Cass at that point. As I said, Stephanie wasn't even the first option for a new Batgirl. They originally planned Barbara to be Batgirl again, but even Charlotte/Misfit was considered (according to Gail Simone).
    Yeah, agreed.

I love Cass, but in the eyes of DC she is very much a red headed step child. She never got the backing she needed to really make it, IMO

Steph was a great Batgirl but they should've handled the transition better and done more with Cass. But that's business as usual.

Mighty Member

Steph was a great Batgirl but they should've handled the transition better and done more with Cass. But that's business as usual.
    Yep. Definitely.

Looks like Steph and Cass will be in the Gotham tie-in to the Beast World event.
    Titans: Beast World Tour: Gotham #1

Thanks for the heads up!

I say that because she was in the Harley Quinn comic while not cannon it could show us they are going to use her

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Was that when Cass went and took over the League of Assassins? Or was that the rise of Orphan Bat?

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.