Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthborn View Post
    It actually fit into the story, though. Cass picked up the staff because everyone else was busy getting slaughtered by Zombie CMJ. She saw a need and took it upon herself to do it. Constantine didn't even intend for her to have it, she chose herself. It was good.
    Agreed. Cass counts as pure of heart, IMO

Just wish she'd show up more in the latest mini, though that may be a good thing, heh

Happy New Year to my favorite Batgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Not good as she's basically Barbara here.
    I know but I'm hoping this makes Cass and hopeful Steph too being shown up more

Also speaking of Babs, I notice a lot of people say Babs is more of a mother figure to Cass and that if not for the deaging they want Babs to adopted her. What do you all think about this? In fact there a lot of fanart of Babs

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Agreed. Cass counts as pure of heart, IMO

Just wish she'd show up more in the latest mini, though that may be a good thing, heh
    I think it's more just giving her powers like that which kind of bristles for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I know but I'm hoping this makes Cass and hopeful Steph too being shown up more

Also speaking of Babs, I notice a lot of people say Babs is more of a mother figure to Cass and that if not for the deaging they want Babs to adopted her. What do you all think about this? In fact there a lot of fanart of Babs
    I feel like Steph would be redundant with their take on Cass in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I get it, probably due to some depictions across the franchise. In the original Cass solo series, Barbara was something of a mother figure to her (when Cass goes to meet Lady Shiva for that duel to the death, she records a last message outright saying this, not to mention that story with Cass and Stephanie Brown learning about their original variants' lives thanks to the Brother Eye construct, Barbara is shown when Eye talks about post-Crises Cass finding a family). While not specified, there seems to be a mother/daughter-like dynamic between the two in the Young Justice cartoon. The current Batgirls comic also leans into it, too.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I get it, probably due to some depictions across the franchise. In the original Cass solo series, Barbara was something of a mother figure to her (when Cass goes to meet Lady Shiva for that duel to the death, she records a last message outright saying this, not to mention that story with Cass and Stephanie Brown learning about their original variants' lives thanks to the Brother Eye construct, Barbara is shown when Eye talks about post-Crises Cass finding a family). While not specified, there seems to be a mother/daughter-like dynamic between the two in the Young Justice cartoon. The current Batgirls comic also leans into it, too.
    I always saw Cass/Babs more as a Little Sister/Older Sister dynamic. Specially during the New Earth era. She didn't exactly "mother" her and a lot of their interactions involved Babs trying to get Cass to value what Babs experienced or to get Cass to avoid what Babs experienced. What really rankled me was the Babs was quite often self-projecting onto Cass and never seemed to realise that Cass wasn't her. Bruce was definitely going full Dad/Daughter dynamic, though.

I always saw Cass/Babs more as a Little Sister/Older Sister dynamic. Specially during the New Earth era. She didn't exactly "mother" her and a lot of their interactions involved Babs trying to get Cass to value what Babs experienced or to get Cass to avoid what Babs experienced. What really rankled me was the Babs was quite often self-projecting onto Cass and never seemed to realise that Cass wasn't her. Bruce was definitely going full Dad/Daughter dynamic, though.
    Babs had the best of intentions.

Astonishing Member

In fact, Barbara's self-projecting could reinforce the idea that her relationship with Cassandra was Mom/Daughter.

Honestly, many Cassandra fans don't think Bruce was especially close to Cassandra to have a Dad/Daughter relationship in her Batgirl solo. When I read her Batgirl solo, I felt that Batman saw Cassandra as a soldier.

Mighty Member

Is that why she got so frustrated with Cass and her struggle to read?

Ultimate Member

Is that why she got so frustrated with Cass and her struggle to read?
    Probably.

In terms of logical narrative, it is baffling that either Batman or Oracle allowed Cass to operate post NML's without the ability to read.

Hell, can she read in canon now?

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    In fact, Barbara's self-projecting could reinforce the idea that her relationship with Cassandra was Mom/Daughter.

Honestly, many Cassandra fans don't think Bruce was especially close to Cassandra to have a Dad/Daughter relationship in her Batgirl solo. When I read her Batgirl solo, I felt that Batman saw Cassandra as a soldier.
    Back then that's how he saw all his kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Probably.

In terms of logical narrative, it is baffling that either Batman or Oracle allowed Cass to operate post NML's without the ability to read.

Hell, can she read in canon now?
    Pretty sure she's checked out/read books at some point.

Mighty Member

Cass should have been in the Lazarus Tournament.

Cass should have been in the Lazarus Tournament.
    Too easy .

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Too easy .
    But cool and fitting for her.

But cool and fitting for her.
    Maybe if it had been a different story.