Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don't think Harley was a very good therapist to begin with. And even if she was, it has been ages since she practiced.

I have some issues with the show, but it isn't accurate to say the villains never do anything wrong. The episode in which Harley causes Mr. Freeze's death due to her misunderstanding the situation is good evidence of that.
    Yeah, I know they're trying to backtrack on it, but Harley should never be posited as a positive example of a mental health official.

Harley does screw-up a lot but they also give her plenty of passes for stuff. But that's just as true in the comics.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don't think Harley was a very good therapist to begin with. And even if she was, it has been ages since she practiced.

I have some issues with the show, but it isn't accurate to say the villains never do anything wrong. The episode in which Harley causes Mr. Freeze's death due to her misunderstanding the situation is good evidence of that.
    She's banged two of her patients, yeah she's not that great

But she's got the training, but it never gets used.

"but it isn't accurate to say the villains never do anything wrong. The episode in which Harley causes Mr. Freeze's death due to her misunderstanding the situation is good evidence of that"

Yeah, but the series glosses over that, to the point that Nora casually hangs with Harley and Ivy. Joker is a murderer and abusive boyfriend, but once he finds love he's treated as redeemed.

Meanwhile, Jim is a pathetic, running joke. I dunno WTF is going on with Nightwing, Damien is largely useless, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

"but it isn't accurate to say the villains never do anything wrong. The episode in which Harley causes Mr. Freeze's death due to her misunderstanding the situation is good evidence of that"

Yeah, but the series glosses over that, to the point that Nora casually hangs with Harley and Ivy. Joker is a murderer and abusive boyfriend, but once he finds love he's treated as redeemed.

Meanwhile, Jim is a pathetic, running joke. I dunno WTF is going on with Nightwing, Damien is largely useless, etc.
    Not to mention they turned Babs into a Harley fangirl which...doesn't hold up at all.

Well, it is a villains-centric show, so of course they would be put in the better light.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Well, it is a villains-centric show, so of course they would be put in the better light.
    I understand that to a certain degree, I just think it's gone way too far over that particular line.

I understand that to a certain degree, I just think it's gone way too far over that particular line.
    From what I've seen of the show, I guess I didn't think it was supposed to be taken too seriously.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

From what I've seen of the show, I guess I didn't think it was supposed to be taken too seriously.
    Eh, it's one of those things where it feels like they use that to get a pass even though they expect you to take other stuff in it completely seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Eh, it's one of those things where it feels like they use that to get a pass even though they expect you to take other stuff in it completely seriously.
    Does sound like a lot of cartoons. Star Trek: Lower Decks, for example, has a lot of silliness and jokes r.e. the franchise, but also takes the characters seriously and does develop them over the show.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, like we're supposed to feel outrage that the Injustice Gang kept Harley as a frozen trophy as super sexist, then ignore that Harley's actions extend the No Man's Land.

Buried in a Bleeding Cool article about Spirit World.
    expect a story of Cassandra Cain trapped in a mystical world.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-c...orld-for-2023/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

I'm always up for more Cass

Extraordinary Member

its not villain centric its harley centric and how she sees the world. She see's gordon as pathetic, nightwing a himbo and damian a brat so that what they will be
    for the men their baseline sterotypes win, so dont put too much stock into how they are protayed, (minus joker, who is honestly the third lead charcter, like they got me rooting for him somtimes) HQ show esp next season is about the overlooked women in DC and bringingdepth to them. Livewire Knockout Vixen the gardnener are on deck for next season

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Buried in a Bleeding Cool article about Spirit World.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-c...orld-for-2023/
    Like in a one-shot or in the upcoming new anthology book?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    its not villain centric its harley centric and how she sees the world. She see's gordon as pathetic, nightwing a himbo and damian a brat so that what they will be
    for the men their baseline sterotypes win, so dont put too much stock into how they are protayed, (minus joker, who is honestly the third lead charcter, like they got me rooting for him somtimes) HQ show esp next season is about the overlooked women in DC and bringingdepth to them. Livewire Knockout Vixen the gardnener are on deck for next season
    I wouldn't take the tie-in comic as canon in that sense.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    The series isn't about how Harley sees the world, ala 'How I met your mother', but instead focused on her.

So Gordon is pathetic, Nightwing a himbo, etc.

Making Harley the only sane woman/protected by the narrative undermines the comedy, at the very least and the stories themselves to a larger degree

The series isn't about how Harley sees the world, ala 'How I met your mother', but instead focused on her.

So Gordon is pathetic, Nightwing a himbo, etc.

Making Harley the only sane woman/protected by the narrative undermines the comedy, at the very least and the stories themselves to a larger degree
    Ivy's more of the only sane woman, she just generally has to put up with and accept Harley's antics.