Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    True, but she was added to the story so that the writers could pretend that they had a diverse cast without actually using them in a meaningful manner.

Like in the live action movie.
    Yeah. I suspect this will be the situation with Cass in future adaptations.

They want the race of the character for diversity points, but they don't really want the character or her backstory.

Now, to be fair, many adaptations take liberties with many characters backstories and even personalities.

This is just especially problematic for Cass, whose backstory and personality are pretty important for the character.
    Last edited by Konja7; 03-13-2023 at 08:11 AM.

Astonishing Member

Gunn has mentioned that he likes Cass. Maybe he will do something interesting with her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Cass isn't a associated with this comic or the series so readers were blindsided. It wasn't even advertised that she'd be in this. She wasn't a part of any of the promotion or solicits. So nobody knew she was going to pop up. That's the opposite of how you use a draw.
    Honestly I don't know if Cass is actually still popular enough to be a draw.

I'm just glad they revealed she could actually talk. People just take her not being a natural speaker to just make her mute.

Also the CassxDamian ship has now been unlocked.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    With all these predictions about her making her debut alongside Damian in Brave and Bold, I'm just hoping she won't get DCAMU Raven treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    With all these predictions about her making her debut alongside Damian in Brave and Bold, I'm just hoping she won't get DCAMU Raven treatment.
    Well, shipping aside, I thought DCAMU Raven was handled well enough...

I'm just glad they revealed she could actually talk. People just take her not being a natural speaker to just make her mute.

What makes you think Cass and Damian will be shipped. This makes me wonder Peter said batgirl will play a part but now I'm wondering which one. They said batfam will make some type of appearance. This doesn't mean all of they will be fully active.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 03-13-2023 at 05:29 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    What live action movie was Cass in?
    Cass for her own YA it was release a bit ago

Attachment 130148

I know these are made for a different audience but it's weird when one of the most popular characters don't even get a small mention. I say that since the top Ya graphic novels are the titans by Kami and A new hero made just for YA. I mean Superman, Batman or Harley have that spot in YA. I mean technically Superman does have that spot with Superman smashing the KKK. But has other Ya and so does Supergirl
    Cassandra in name only, was in Harley Quin and the Birds of Prey movie.

As seems to be the habit for Harley, to induct minority or LGBTQ characters into the cast but not the plot for performative lipservice to being progressive.

Cassandra in name only, was in Harley Quin and the Birds of Prey movie.

As seems to be the habit for Harley, to induct minority or LGBTQ characters into the cast but not the plot for performative lipservice to being progressive.
    From my understanding they originally wanted to do a Gotham City Sirens movie but the woman who plays Harley wanted to do BoP because she wanted these characters to be highlighted.

Ultimate Member

From my understanding they originally wanted to do a Gotham City Sirens movie but the woman who plays Harley wanted to do BoP because she wanted these characters to be highlighted.
    The way actors look at superhero roles, and the money they can produce, makes me hesitant to believe that most are willing to share the spotlight in any meaningful way.

The way actors look at superhero roles, and the money they can produce, makes me hesitant to believe that most are willing to share the spotlight in any meaningful way.
    It's why I don't think all the batfam will be in brave and the bold or have a big role. For example, if titans do exist in James Gunn which most likely is the cast Dick could not be there but mentioned. I feel given that one batgirl will play a larger role and few other things I guess Tim , Babs and Cass could play bigger role

What makes you think Cass and Damian will be shipped. This makes me wonder Peter said batgirl will play a part but now I'm wondering which one. They said batfam will make some type of appearance. This doesn't mean all of they will be fully active.
    She kissed him on the cheek and said she'd miss him.

She kissed him on the cheek and said she'd miss him.
    Two lonely kids who aren't around people their age that often meet, bond over their love of fighting games and then Cass leaves and Damian is bombed because he's back to not having anyone his age around once again isn't a shipping. It's a friendship.

It's a problem, this interpretation of any friendship in media as romance even when the parties are kids and there's no hint in the material that it's anything but platonic.

Astonishing Member

Honestly, I'm surprised you aren't more angry that Cassandra's identity is Orphan.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Two lonely kids who aren't around people their age that often meet, bond over their love of fighting games and then Cass leaves and Damian is bombed because he's back to not having anyone his age around once again isn't a shipping. It's a friendship.

It's a problem, this interpretation of any friendship in media as romance even when the parties are kids and there's no hint in the material that it's anything but platonic.
    In the previous issue Damian though regarding Cassandra (after he see her defeat Barbara): Is this... love?

So, it's pretty likely the comic is trying to portray the relationship with a romantic vibe.
    Last edited by Konja7; 03-14-2023 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Honestly, I'm surprised you aren't more angry that Cassandra's identity is Orphan.
    It was barely used in story and we'll probably never see her again here, so I didn't feel the need to harp on it.
    In the previous issue Damian though regarding Cassandra (after he see her defeat Barbara): Is this... love?

So, it's pretty likely the comic is trying to portray the relationship with a romantic vibe.
    Yeah, he was definitely crushing on her.