Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Dude, she's on the cover of one of the upcoming Ms. Marvel issues. death is still meaningless for the X-men.
    Yeah like covers being misleading isnt a thing? Have you read the HG? I would say the resurrections are off the table for the forseeable future

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hellfire Gala:
    spoilers:
    What's going to happen to Shogo now? Jubes is dead.
    end of spoilers
    I mean she was presumed dead at the end of UXM Disassembled. I hae doubts they will even address him

Well... As far as Gen X goes, Jubilee was the last one who hadn't been sent through the resurrection cue.

While I wish she had been able to do something, I'm glad she went out with a boss line at least.

I'm hoping when she comes back, she basically is all out of f___s. Heck... I wouldn't mind of X-Terminators reformed and instead of rogue vampires, they went out and started hunting down Orchis.

AND I ACTUALLY LIKE SHOGO!!! I think they handled him poorly, though... particularly in Excalibur/Knights of X.

That said, I don't see how they could possibly justify bringing him back to Jubilee. This is Death #2 and she's going to be off the board for 2-3 months. From what I understand, the X-Men are doing a time skip. This is just... ugh...

The most diverse X-Men team ever - after two years of White + Synch and sometimes Sunfire - and it lasted one panel...

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

To say I’m pissed at the recent events would be an understatement. Being a Jubilee fan is tough- going through so many cut movie parts, crucifixion, M-Day, near death moments/kidnappings/bad writers thinking she has light powers, vampirism… then to finally have her back with full powers to the max in X-Terminators?

However… I’m not giving up hope. Jubilee will be featured coming up in the Marvel Unlimited app issues coming this August dealing with the candidates who died in the gala. According to one of the descriptions… they would deal with the six candidates and a human ally in the stories. Basically from what I’m thinking… there will be an issue with Jubilee and Shogo- not sure if it is before what happens in the Gala, or after… but Shogo will be in it I presume.

Also, Marvel: Voices has an upcoming issue on the X-Men. Jubilee and Lady Deathstrike have a team-up story in it.
    Take it for what it’s worth, but she is on the cover of Ms. Marvel #3. Might just be on the cover… but she is there.

The biggest hints that Jubilee and the others aren’t disappearing forever comes from the CerebroCast featuring Gerry Duggan and also the X-Men Mondays article on the Gala. CerebroCast said to Duggan- “We haven’t seen the last of the candidates that died at the Gala..?.?..” and he responded that, “I’m not really able to say without spoiling things. Let’s just say they were all picked for a reason.” And in the article covering the Gala… it was pretty much stated that this is not the last we will see of the dead characters… but it might be in an unexpected way that fans have to wait to play out.

Basically, Jubilee isn’t gone forever- she’s got upcoming issues already slated for release. She’s also showing up in some way or form again after being killed- I’m wondering if she is brought back by Jean and the Phoenix… or by Apocalypse… but there is hope.

She’s also starring in X-Men ‘97… so we’ve just got to think positive.

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    To say I’m pissed at the recent events would be an understatement. Being a Jubilee fan is tough- going through so many cut movie parts, crucifixion, M-Day, near death moments/kidnappings/bad writers thinking she has light powers, vampirism… then to finally have her back with full powers to the max in X-Terminators?

However… I’m not giving up hope. Jubilee will be featured coming up in the Marvel Unlimited app issues coming this August dealing with the candidates who died in the gala. According to one of the descriptions… they would deal with the six candidates and a human ally in the stories. Basically from what I’m thinking… there will be an issue with Jubilee and Shogo- not sure if it is before what happens in the Gala, or after… but Shogo will be in it I presume.

Also, Marvel: Voices has an upcoming issue on the X-Men. Jubilee and Lady Deathstrike have a team-up story in it.
    Take it for what it’s worth, but she is on the cover of Ms. Marvel #3. Might just be on the cover… but she is there.

The biggest hints that Jubilee and the others aren’t disappearing forever comes from the CerebroCast featuring Gerry Duggan and also the X-Men Mondays article on the Gala. CerebroCast said to Duggan- “We haven’t seen the last of the candidates that died at the Gala..?.?..” and he responded that, “I’m not really able to say without spoiling things. Let’s just say they were all picked for a reason.” And in the article covering the Gala… it was pretty much stated that this is not the last we will see of the dead characters… but it might be in an unexpected way that fans have to wait to play out.

Basically, Jubilee isn’t gone forever- she’s got upcoming issues already slated for release. She’s also showing up in some way or form again after being killed- I’m wondering if she is brought back by Jean and the Phoenix… or by Apocalypse… but there is hope.

She’s also starring in X-Men ‘97… so we’ve just got to think positive.
    Very much looking forward to the unlimited issues. Would be cool if Jubliee got to use her full power on Nimrod somewhere near the end of Fall of X. A team up with Deathstrike sounds fun. Last I remember hearing about her I think she actually got sort of an assist from X-23? Donno if she's been seen since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpack! View Post

That said, I don't see how they could possibly justify bringing him back to Jubilee. This is Death #2 and she's going to be off the board for 2-3 months.
    Guess this would be a good chance to get rid of him if they wanted to. Have her think having him with her just isn't safe or something?

She did seem happy to be elected to be an X-Man so guess she had an interest in some field work. Bonus. Living in a tree house? Harassing Everett?
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    what is this from?
    ~*Earthbound.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    what is this from?
    I'm sorry but I am not good at issue numbers. But its from the 90's. I think its from Uncanny.

Discussing Shogo and Vamp!Jubilee I know for me they both suck/sucked. Its one to get one crap things but two is really bad.

Jubilee may not be the best choice in defense attorneys.
    12jub.jpg
    13jub.jpg
    ~*Earthbound.

Extraordinary Member

what is this from?
    Early 1993 issue, right after X-Cutioner’s song crossover, when Charles briefly got use of his legs again and he went to walk and skate with Jubilee until his paralysis retuned.

I wonder if they’ll wait on Jubilee’s ressurection to coincide with the premiere of X-Men 97. Then bring her back and give her a mini for synergy.

Just had a thought. Does it seem like when the more prominent/well known parent is female, the kid she has more likely to be male?
    Wolfsbane. Jubilee. Tigra.(I don't actually know who her kid's father is) Jessica Drew. Black Widow.
    Was thinking of how often male characters in video-games almost always have daughters or daughter figures if kids are involved.
    ~*Earthbound.

Just had a thought. Does it seem like when the more prominent/well known parent is female, the kid she has more likely to be male?
    Wolfsbane. Jubilee. Tigra.(I don't actually know who her kid's father is) Jessica Drew. Black Widow.
    Was thinking of how often male characters in video-games almost always have daughters or daughter figures if kids are involved.
    Kratos had a male son in the current GoW series
    John Marston from Red Dead Redemption
    Ethan from Heavy Rain

I'm sorry I don't remember where I got this from to credit the artist.

9h3HDQs+-+Imgur.jpg
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Kratos had a male son in the current GoW series
    John Marston from Red Dead Redemption
    Ethan from Heavy Rain
    Was surprised Jacques Blanc from Onimusha 3 had a male child when I watched the cut-scenes a while back. My gaming backlog is . . . scary.

Yall think Jubilee is a hardcore gamer or that she just dabbles from time to time? I think she name dropped Doom at one point.
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Early 1993 issue, right after X-Cutioner’s song crossover, when Charles briefly got use of his legs again and he went to walk and skate with Jubilee until his paralysis retuned.
    That is one of Jubilee's best stories, in my opinion. If you are a Jubilee fan that comic is well worth tracking down and adding to your collection.

The father of Tigra's kid is actually a female Skrull, if I remember correctly. The Skrull impersonated Hank Pym in Secret Invasion. I think that it is a story point that Tigra is having a hard time explaining to her son about who his father really is.

I didn't even know that Black Widow had a child. Who's the daddy?