Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member Nightcrawler92's Avatar

Default Where do we go from here?

At some point (5-10 years from now more than likely) the Krakoa experiment will end and … then what? I mean this really does seem like peak mutant doom, so what happens? Do they re-open the damn school again? Do they go to Australia again? Do they all go the space for years? What could possibly come after this?
    Pull List:

DC: Flash, Justice Society, Green Lantern

Boom: Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers

Image: Undiscovered Country, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun

Marvel: Ultimate Spider-man, X-men, Daredevil, Iron man, Thor, Hulk

BANNED

The mansion. Embrace the darkness lol.

I think we are going extremely classic when the movies come out, yellow wheelchair and everything.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 01-04-2023 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    The mansion. Embrace the darkness lol.

I think we are going extremely classic women the movies come out, yellow wheelchair and everything.
    Yup, smart money says this. I have assumed since the start that this is all building to a total X-men reboot, a restart to where they are only 'just now' being introduced into the Marvel comics.

The only other thing I can think of is for mutantkind to effectively not be a huge population anymore in some fashion. Have it literally be down to the core cast and make mutants really rare again. Doesn't have to be some kind of attack or something. Krakoa the island could just decide to go all Cookie Monster on everyone while the main crew is away or something.

I'd say they go to the stars. I'd be cool with a traditional earth based team in 2-3 books staring the New Mutants/Academy X etc and the flagship team goes to outer space GoTG style. My actual preference is for Krakoa to stay for a very long time. We had the mansion or some form of it for 60 some years. Lets play in this sandbox for at least 1/4 of that if not more.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I do not think they all go back to school, though some might.

Krakoa is here to stay though.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Nightcrawler92 View Post
    At some point (5-10 years from now more than likely) the Krakoa experiment will end and … then what? I mean this really does seem like peak mutant doom, so what happens? Do they re-open the damn school again? Do they go to Australia again? Do they all go the space for years? What could possibly come after this?
    i don't see why it has to end. hated and feared has been going strong for almost 60 years.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I'd say they go to the stars. I'd be cool with a traditional earth based team in 2-3 books staring the New Mutants/Academy X etc and the flagship team goes to outer space GoTG style. My actual preference is for Krakoa to stay for a very long time. We had the mansion or some form of it for 60 some years. Lets play in this sandbox for at least 1/4 of that if not more.
    Agreed.

I see the opposite of going back to the mansion happening. I think other mutant nations will be formed as the population grows and other planets will be terraformed, eventually.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Back into the wider world, becomming part of the whole of humanity again, re-establishing the mundane mutant diaspora and HOPEFULLY moving on from there, the path they should have been on before some guy with a keyboard and no love for the franchise decided he didn't like a post-apartheit inspired mutant nation and another decided mutants should die out and be a tiny group of people.
    Because the rest will be business as usual for the X-men, kicking biggots, punching super villains and extremist, blasting aliens and demons, just like the super hero nature of their world demands.

Because what ever it was before or now, the last part is fundamentaly what they will always do and what readers and viewers are comming to these stories for.
    Last edited by Grunty; 01-04-2023 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Back into the wider world, becomming part of the whole of humanity again, re-establishing the mundane mutant diaspora and HOPEFULLY moving on from there, the path they should have been on before some guy with a keyboard and no love for the franchise decided he didn't like a post-apartheit inspired mutant nation and another decided mutants should die out and be a tiny group of people.
    Because the rest will be business as usual for the X-men, kicking biggots, punching super villains and extremist, blasting aliens and demons, just like the super hero nature of their world demands.

Because what ever it was before or now, the last part is fundamentaly what they will always do and what readers and viewers are comming to these stories for.
    That would be great(especially for Beast), but don't these sort of reboots not work? I remember they tried to do that to the Fantastic Four and it failed.

I've long thought it was a mistake to attach mutants to being a persecuted minority, because since its been made a critical part of their identity, they can NEVER be not hated. They should integrate with humanity and be heroes. Yeah, I know that never works, but it's because the writers have to make them be hated.
    Last edited by Mungho; 01-04-2023 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    My actual preference is for Krakoa to stay for a very long time. We had the mansion or some form of it for 60 some years. Lets play in this sandbox for at least 1/4 of that if not more.
    100% agreed. This is the most interesting the X-Men have been in a long time. Why cut that off?
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

At some point (5-10 years from now
    ^^^It’ll be way sooner than that.

But as to your question, well, they’ll be made heroes again/ditch their villainous racist death cult deal, and become something that’ll better reflect/be able to assimilate whatever the MCU winds up doing w. them.

-fingers crossed-

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

To the Microverse, of course! Something massive will happen and they'll be forced to shrink Krakoa down into Sub Atomica as a last ditch effort to save everyone and will end up having to deal with the socio-political ramifications of essentially invading the Microverse while finding themselves at odds with both Marquis Radu and The Micronauts/Microns/Enigma Force. Oh, and we'll get to see Rick Jones and Genis-Vell more often because whenever they switch places one ends up there. Also, Manifold/Captain Universe team ups for some of that cosmic goodness. That's how I'd do it! Bring back some of that crazy X-Men crossover goodness except...now presented in Microvision!
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 01-06-2023 at 04:41 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

As much as I'm loving Krakoa, I find it highly unlikely it's going to last even another 5 years. I'm fairly confident the way forward will be back... back to the classic mansion setup, that is.

We start fresh and finally move on to the next generation. Now renamed Kellerkoa, the island nation reborn under the care of the Academy X kids. They know how to take care of themselves, AND Orchis.

Fresh stories, great characters, a proper and prosperous nation.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    100% agreed. This is the most interesting the X-Men have been in a long time. Why cut that off?
    Because wah wah wah my nostalgia wah wah status quo is god