Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Should Jameson know Peter is Spider-Man?

I really don't think so. I understand people want characters to evolve, but doing so gets rid of the fun dynamic is part of what makes the character so great.

Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Incredible Member

I mean JJJ is more than just an angry foil, and I think that writers have found fun new ways to play with JJJ knowing Peter is Spidey (Zdarsky and BMB in particular) so I like JJJ knowing Peter is Spidey. It kind of forces him to put up or shut up and evolve past the hate.

Honestly? This situation has lasted longer than I thought it would.

Can't explain why Peter doesn't tell Aunt May at this point.

JJ knowing makes for a few good stories, but in the long run it takes away the purpose of the character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    JJ knowing makes for a few good stories, but in the long run it takes away the purpose of the character.
    Tbf, he’d lost the point to his character a long time ago which is likely why they changed it up.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

There's idk how many stories with Jonah as a Spider-Man hater and there'll be plenty more with mini-series and stuff. IDK why you'd want his character to regress..

I think they should do more with it, feels like Jameson's barely in the comics these days.

Astonishing Member

Hell yeah, its the one of the few character progression that I still have. so far, Zdarsky Spencer and even Slott did good stuff with it. I have to constantly worried about the possibility that Jameson will regressed whenever a new story or run is coming.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Hell yeah, its the one of the few character progression that I still have. so far, Zdarsky Spencer and even Slott did good stuff with it. I have to constantly worried about the possibility that Jameson will regressed whenever a new story or run is coming.
    Unless they move him to a permanent supporting cast member for Silk's book

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Agreed. The antagonism between Jonah and Spider-Man is one of the biggest staples of the series. It's not worth losing.

In general, the fewer people who know Spider-Man's secret identity, the better. But especially Jonah and May.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Unless they move him to a permanent supporting cast member for Silk's book
    isnt he already
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I enjoy the fact that he knows now. I enjoyed the story points they did with him understanding how wrong he was on his hate and how much damage he caused with his stories and lies, not to mention the funding of the Spider Slayers, The Scorpion, and The Fly.

I Enjoy that he knows and want it to stick around. I also want May to go back to knowing.

I feel at this point if he goes back to not knowing and hating Spidey again it would b a huge step back for the character.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

This is gonna sound weird but the day Jonah regresses back to his normal self I'll consider stopping reading Spider-Man.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I enjoy the fact that he knows now. I enjoyed the story points they did with him understanding how wrong he was on his hate and how much damage he caused with his stories and lies, not to mention the funding of the Spider Slayers, The Scorpion, and The Fly.

I Enjoy that he knows and want it to stick around. I also want May to go back to knowing.

I feel at this point if he goes back to not knowing and hating Spidey again it would b a huge step back for the character.
    Agreed, I feel like Aunt May not knowing is such a big loss on so many levels as well

We've had decades of antagonism between Jonah and Spider-Man. I think we've squeezed every drop of juice we can out of that fruit.

Actually Jolly Jonah is quite fun--it's a novel way to keep him around while not bringing back the Bugle wholesale.

That said, the "biggest spidey hater" chair has been vacant for a while. Unless they find a character for that niche, classic JJJ will eventually reemerge

Lmao what if Spidey gets Randy wife arrested, and Randy swears eternal vengeance...and puts Peter on blast on TikTok