Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I like the Emporium concept. I hope it sticks around. It suits Wanda to help those with unique magic problems. I laughed at the, "Apologies for my Italian, I learned it from a demon part." I think she really knew many languages before seeing demons, but now concept in my mind that there was something there in Transia before she left it the first time, lol.
    Uh, is that a reference to Chthon?
    Is that a jab at Italian being hard to learn or something lol.
    Also unrelated but Montesi family are Italian and Chthon-related. I kinda immediately thought of this as well.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 01-05-2023 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Uh, is that a reference to Chthon?
    Is that a jab at Italian being hard to learn or something lol.
    Also unrelated but Montesi family are Italian and Chthon-related. I kinda immediately though of this as well.
    Maybe she learned it from Vicki, lol.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Maybe she learned it from Vicki, lol.
    "An Italian pulled my hair stupid hard once and now I can speak the language." ——Wanda with a straight face.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 01-05-2023 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    "An Italian pulled my hair stupid hard once and now I can speak the language." ——Wanda with a straight face.
    Lmfao, secret power for Vicki.

Mighty Member

Is it me or is it just...odd that Pietro seems to look and act like he's a teenager in this book?

Wouldn't be the first time they've de-aged the twins by far. They'd be about 60 years old without de-aging.

Wouldn't be the first time they've de-aged the twins by far. They'd be about 60 years old without de-aging.
    Yes, the twins were originally stated to be born in 1958, so would be going on 65 this year. But I did notice how young they both look, especially Pietro.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, the twins were originally stated to be born in 1958, so would be going on 65 this year. But I did notice how young they both look, especially Pietro.
    They'll be Forever(about)29 lol.

Pretty sure they should be mid 30s. They weren't teenagers when they were with Magneto's Brotherhood of Evil Mutants and Captain America's Kooky Quartet Avengers, were they? I had them pegged as early 20s on their debut. And that's about 14 years ago in-universe (they debuted in 1963, two years after the Fantastic Four, who are supposed to have debuted 15 years ago).

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Surely originally it would've been 1938? 1958 is too late - they'd have only been five years old on their debut!
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-06-2023 at 05:47 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Pretty sure they should be mid 30s. They weren't teenagers when they were with Magneto's Brotherhood of Evil Mutants and Captain America's Kooky Quartet Avengers, were they? I had them pegged as early 20s on their debut. And that's about 14 years ago in-universe (they debuted in 1963, two years after the Fantastic Four, who are supposed to have debuted 15 years ago).

Surely originally it would've been 1938? 1958 is too late - they'd have only been five years old on their debut!
    They were 21 when they joined the Avengers, and they'd have been with the Brotherhood for sometime before that. So they were easily in their teens when they met Magneto. Especially since he saved them shortly after their powers manifested and mutants typically got their powers when they were teenagers. Which they were known to be at the time.

And I'm going on old canon which was stated in a Marvel magazine many years ago. Things change over the years though. If there were no age downs, they'd be far older than comics have made them now. Now they do the timeline squish. Which doesn't add up really. And would put them now in similar age range to Billy and Tommy for instance.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 01-06-2023 at 05:57 AM.

They were 21 when they joined the Avengers, and they'd have been with the Brotherhood for sometime before that. So they were easily in their teens when they met Magneto. Especially since he saved them shortly after their powers manifested and mutants typically got their powers when they were teenagers. Which they were known to be at the time.

And I'm going on old canon which was stated in a Marvel magazine many years ago. Things change over the years though. If there were no age downs, they'd be far older than comics have made them now. Now they do the timeline squish. Which doesn't add up really. And would put them now in similar age range to Billy and Tommy for instance.
    Which should make for hilarious situations in-univese when people find out Billy and Tommy are her son's and then they do the math and are confused about how that's supposed to work.

At least Wanda has the excuse "it was magic all along"
    "This is me being reasonable"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

In my head (though I know it's been canon for some) I'm thinking ALL superpowered beings do age much, much slower than normal humans and aren't easily susceptible to disease and general ailments like...diabetes, arthritis and cancers (with the very few exceptions) etc. When you add magic into the mix...Wanda could be very well be immortal.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Which should make for hilarious situations in-univese when people find out Billy and Tommy are her son's and then they do the math and are confused about how that's supposed to work.

At least Wanda has the excuse "it was magic all along"
    I think it's exactly why they make mostly everyone's children born in some weird way. But then there's Luna who when last seen was in her later teens. Which would make Quicksilver about 12 or 13 when he married Crystal and became a father. Unless they just make Luna six years old again. Which both literally and figuratively would stunt her growth.

The squished 15 year timeline just becomes such a mess when thought about at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    In my head (though I know it's been canon for some) I'm thinking ALL superpowered beings do age much, much slower than normal humans and aren't easily susceptible to disease and general ailments like...diabetes, arthritis and cancers (with the very few exceptions) etc. When you add magic into the mix...Wanda could be very well be immortal.
    It's funny that you mention that because currently that is actually the case. Trial of Magneto did establish her as immortal or at least that death is trivial to her. She was resurrecting herself.

So yeah Im curious if and how Orlando will incorporate that because that's a pretty big deal.
    "This is me being reasonable"

I think it's exactly why they make mostly everyone's children born in some weird way. But then there's Luna who when last seen was in her later teens. Which would make Quicksilver about 12 or 13 when he married Crystal and became a father. Unless they just make Luna six years old again. Which both literally and figuratively would stunt her growth.

The squished 15 year timeline just becomes such a mess when thought about at all.
    Luna absolutely should not be a teenager, she was born, when, in the 90s? Which would only be roughly eight years ago in universe - she should be younger than Moon Girl (who's 9). She's not the only example of that - Franklin and Valeria Richards were aged up by what was supposed to be five years (the time the FF spent rebuilding the multiverse after Secret Wars - it was one year to those left behind on Earth-616) five years ago. But they actually went from 8 and 3 to roughly 15 and 13. Like Luna, Val (who was born after Luna I believe, in the 2000s) aged up too much - though Franklin was born in the 60s and so should've already been a teenager before that age up.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman