Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Luna absolutely should not be a teenager, she was born, when, in the 90s? Which would only be roughly eight years ago in universe - she should be younger than Moon Girl (who's 9). She's not the only example of that - Franklin and Valeria Richards were aged up by what was supposed to be five years (the time the FF spent rebuilding the multiverse after Secret Wars - it was one year to those left behind on Earth-616) five years ago. But they actually went from 8 and 3 to roughly 15 and 13. Like Luna, Val (who was born after Luna I believe, in the 2000s) aged up too much - though Franklin was born in the 60s and so should've already been a teenager before that age up.
    It's the problem with trying to keep things squished. Writers aren't gonna be consistent with it and it stunts the growth of many characters. There isn't really a clear answer on how to handle it. Other than just don't give ages and don't ask questions. Don't think about it much.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

1) Tome just works differently in the z marvel Universe. People age at different rates and at different times there as compared to our universe. It all seems normal to them. Accept this and you’ll save yourself from multiple headaches.

2) Luna was born in the 1980’s our time.

3) Strong first issue. I’ll give it a B+.

4) Wanda ought to be ashamed at herself for ripping off Jarnett in that trade. One mysterious magical stone of unknown power for anything in Wanda’s shop? Who know if Jarnette even had the means to travel to New York?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    It's funny that you mention that because currently that is actually the case. Trial of Magneto did establish her as immortal or at least that death is trivial to her. She was resurrecting herself.

So yeah Im curious if and how Orlando will incorporate that because that's a pretty big deal.
    It's an awesome moment for Wanda that's for absolute certain. I'm not sure if it needs to be incorporated or even addressed any further.
    It's one of those things (like Wolverine's past/identity) that is better left unexplored in too much depth...It just is. (at least for me)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's an awesome moment for Wanda that's for absolute certain. I'm not sure if it needs to be incorporated or even addressed any further.
    It's one of those things (like Wolverine's past/identity) that is better left unexplored in too much depth...It just is. (at least for me)
    Yeah, it doesn't need to be explored that thoroughly I agree. But still while we know death in comics is pretty meaningless, the threat of it is still a narrative tool that is used so a character who is no longer impacted by it does change things somewhat. It's just like with the mutant resurrection protocols.
    Don't get me wrong here. Im not complaining about it and I don't have a problem with it. Im just saying that Wanda being immortal should have an impact on the narrative somewhat.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, the twins were originally stated to be born in 1958, so would be going on 65 this year. But I did notice how young they both look, especially Pietro.
    The previous volume of Scarlet Witch updated their birth to the 1990s during the Yugoslavian Civil War.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Kinda just felt like I was reading the James Robinson book again. The story of the month set up, trying to help people and atone.

It's a fine set up, and I enjoyed it, but that set up didn't work for sales last time so whether it will now, who can say.

My biggest wish for any Wanda story is to re-re-retcon her and Pietro back as Magneto's kids, but that seems unlikely for now.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Kinda just felt like I was reading the James Robinson book again. The story of the month set up, trying to help people and atone.

It's a fine set up, and I enjoyed it, but that set up didn't work for sales last time so whether it will now, who can say.

My biggest wish for any Wanda story is to re-re-retcon her and Pietro back as Magneto's kids, but that seems unlikely for now.
    I am hoping for some going back to the Family and Mutant roots as well Legion_Quest, but I will say the adventure of the week is an Good Beginning to root what her book will be mainly about and then once it gets itself going it will spring finally into more longer stories helping to explore Wanda more and maybe fix more recons like the ones in 2014. If anyone has shown the ablity to write Wanda the best for Wanda in recent times it is Orlando.

Glad you like it too, but Indeed agree hopefully it expands more going forward, but it is a good way to start.

Also, the only point I hope they keep of the new canon from James Robinson's run is Natalya Maximoff, cause I liked the add-on of her to Wanda's history and being her mother. We will see what happens, but I be good with Natalya being Wanda's Mother and Eric being her Father, that would work for me IMO.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

For some reason I ship Pietro and Darcy.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Well she did say she liked to watch him work so

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    It did seem as though this is something that Orlando may be setting up.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Well she did say she liked to watch him work so
    And the fact that Pietro 1) acknowledged her existence, and 2) insulted Darcy when speaking with Wanda, can only mean that our boy has a little crush on someone. He might as well have pulled her hair like a 2nd grader, which of course, Pietro is from an emotional standpoint.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    It did seem as though this is something that Orlando may be setting up.

And the fact that Pietro 1) acknowledged her existence, and 2) insulted Darcy when speaking with Wanda, can only mean that our boy has a little crush on someone. He might as well have pulled her hair like a 2nd grader, which of course, Pietro is from an emotional standpoint.
    Haha this is so accurate. I laughed when Darcy said that he said that were the worst ten minutes of his life. What a diva.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They'll be Forever(about)29 lol.
    I know, right? I am good with that, lol.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Pretty sure they should be mid 30s. They weren't teenagers when they were with Magneto's Brotherhood of Evil Mutants and Captain America's Kooky Quartet Avengers, were they? I had them pegged as early 20s on their debut. And that's about 14 years ago in-universe (they debuted in 1963, two years after the Fantastic Four, who are supposed to have debuted 15 years ago).

Surely originally it would've been 1938? 1958 is too late - they'd have only been five years old on their debut!
    Oh, I know! Yell at old stan about that, lol.

Marvel said 1958, but perhaps this was the reason why: they were explaining the Whizzer and Miss America fighting crime even after WWII and then they retired, traveling the world. They arrived to the Balkans and Mt Wundagore in 1958 where a pregnant Madelyne delivered her baby.

However, even not being the Franks' twins, babies were born during that time period which Marvel said turned out to be Wanda and Pietro.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The previous volume of Scarlet Witch updated their birth to the 1990s during the Yugoslavian Civil War.
    Ah, thanks.

Yeah, the timelines can be a mess!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    My official review for the first issue. A solid 8.4!

https://comic-watch.com/comic-book-r...ut-and-grab-ya
    Thanks Shadowcat, Got My Review of Your Review Here!

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post6332481
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!