Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Connor Hawke/Green Arrow Appreciation 2023

Connor is my favourite Green Arrow! This year I would like to see all of his original series added to DC Universe Infinite. Does DC have plans for Connor this year? A team book? Solo? Anything? I would also like to see either Chuck Dixon or Kelley Puckett return to write Connor.

Happy New Year to Connor and his fans .

Looks like he'll be in Joshua Williamson's new Green Arrow run:

BANNED

Oh. A co-starring role. *sigh* It’s been 16 years since Connor had his own title!

I liked his original run from back in the day. I liked him getting powers in the Dragon's blood miniseries so I'm hoping those get expanded on. For the new 52 I would've preferred him being trained by the Fist clan. So I'm hoping that gets used now.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-04-2023 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    Connor is my favourite Green Arrow! This year I would like to see all of his original series added to DC Universe Infinite. Does DC have plans for Connor this year? A team book? Solo? Anything? I would also like to see either Chuck Dixon or Kelley Puckett return to write Connor.
    I like Connor Hawke, too. But you say you want Chuck Dixon back as a writer, and...

You earlier called Hal Jordan a "conservative scumbag," and I'm wondering if you're aware of Dixon's self-declared political, religious, and moral positions. To use the man's own words, he's "to the right of Genghis Khan." And that's not including the people he's worked with recently....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    I like Connor Hawke, too. But you say you want Chuck Dixon back as a writer, and...

You earlier called Hal Jordan a "conservative scumbag," and I'm wondering if you're aware of Dixon's self-declared political, religious, and moral positions. To use the man's own words, he's "to the right of Genghis Khan." And that's not including the people he's worked with recently....
    His politics have never shown up in his great works like Robin, Birds of Prey, Nightwing, and Detective Comics. As long as his politics stay in the real world and not the DCU, I’m fine with it. Even Gail Simone has defended him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

That art is amazing. Count Vertigo never looked cooler.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Is that Mia Dearden? Is this her post-Flashpoint debut?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I'm still highly shocked at how he has been largely shafted for so long, especially as DC attempts to diversify more. You would think he would've been pushed more as a replacement for Oliver in Futurestate or whatever it was called.

Still unbelievable that Arrow did what they did to him.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    Connor is alive??? OMG!! I thought he had been... whatever the Arrow equivalent of being Ion'd is! Is he still Ollie 's son? Does he retain his pre-poopy-2 traits?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    That art is amazing. Count Vertigo never looked cooler.
    Wait, is Roy in his ARSENAL suit now? The one expressing his Navaho heritage??? When did this happen? Where are he and Connor appearing?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Connor is alive??? OMG!! I thought he had been... whatever the Arrow equivalent of being Ion'd is! Is he still Ollie 's son? Does he retain his pre-poopy-2 traits?
    He came back in the Robin series last year. He's still Ollie's son.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Wait, is Roy in his ARSENAL suit now? The one expressing his Navaho heritage??? When did this happen? Where are he and Connor appearing?
    No idea. I thought he was dead since Heroes in Crisis. I thought he might’ve came back in Dark Crisis but I skipped it.

Maybe Lazarus Planet?

He came back in Robin and sort of served as a pseudo rival to Damian before becoming friends.

I wonder if he still knows Eddie fryers.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-04-2023 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I'm still highly shocked at how he has been largely shafted for so long, especially as DC attempts to diversify more. You would think he would've been pushed more as a replacement for Oliver in Futurestate or whatever it was called.

Still unbelievable that Arrow did what they did to him.
    He wouldn't have really fit into the New 52 and they needed to re-establish Ollie and the core Arrow Family during Rebirth before bringing him back in my opinion (which they teased in Percy's run but never capitalized on).

I didn't think of him as asexual in the original run. I saw him as more celibate so I would've preferred that take more.

Ollie was 25-27 in the new 52 so Connor would probably be his illegitimate brother or a kid if you wanted to use him.The latter was filled by Emiko anyway.

Arrow making him a bait and switch for Diggle Jr. but they did the same thing for Linda and Dr.Light. So it's Bertlanti tradition at this point.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-05-2023 at 08:14 PM.