Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And now for a new take - Al Ewing's.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/01/13/ma...review-wasp-1/

I think this explains just why Avengers was the first name that came into Janet's head for Earth's Mightiest Heroes. She became a superhero to avenge her father, and says exactly that to Hank when they first meet. In the present, Nadia's been researching her real mother. The killer was never caught, so she's after vengeance too.
    I'm looking forward to it. In Ewing I trust.

Extraordinary Member

I think this explains just why Avengers was the first name that came into Janet's head for Earth's Mightiest Heroes. She became a superhero to avenge her father, and says exactly that to Hank when they first meet. In the present, Nadia's been researching her real mother. The killer was never caught, so she's after vengeance too.
    Looks like it is going to be Nadia focused. Kind of disappointed in that as I wanted it to be more Jan-centric.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Jan's narration is on-point .

What happened to the dress of Jan's current suit? I liked that part of it (especially as a nod to her EMH suit). I guess now you can see her butt...

I'm not sure if you can really know your father without getting to know him in-person, Nadia .

Breaking into government files is usually a no-no, but I'm curious where this quest for justice for her bio mom will go.

Agreed - Nadia doesn't know Hank the way a daughter would usually know their Dad. All she knows is that he's a famous superhero - and slapped Janet. She doesn't know him properly.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jan's narration is on-point .

What happened to the dress of Jan's current suit? I liked that part of it (especially as a nod to her EMH suit). I guess now you can see her butt...

I'm not sure if you can really know your father without getting to know him in-person, Nadia .

Breaking into government files is usually a no-no, but I'm curious where this quest for justice for her bio mom will go.
    Agreed - Nadia doesn't know Hank the way a daughter would usually know their Dad. All she knows is that he's a famous superhero - and slapped Janet. She doesn't know him properly.
    With regards to Nadia "knowing" Hank...no she has not met him personally...but I am willing to accept that off page she has talked to Jan and Jarvis and all sorts of people who knew Hank so she does have a very good sense of who Hank is...good, bad and ugly.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    With regards to Nadia "knowing" Hank...no she has not met him personally...but I am willing to accept that off page she has talked to Jan and Jarvis and all sorts of people who knew Hank so she does have a very good sense of who Hank is...good, bad and ugly.
    I still think that's not the same because even the POV of others can be biased.

I still think that's not the same because even the POV of others can be biased.
    Yes, definitely this is true. Everyone has their own feelings/POV on topics and if they like the person very much, like Jan in this situation, they can tend to side with her on the issues, thus giving a biased opinion if talking to Nadia.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Well she certainly knows about his bi-polar condition, as it’s something that she inherited from him.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

I suddenly got this weird feeling that Janet is going to be retconned into being Nadia’s biological mother through some previously unrevealed DNA transference shenanigans.

I wonder if she might ever get the Quantum Powers of her big screen counterpart.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-15-2023 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I suddenly got this weird feeling that Janet is going to be retconned into being Nadia’s biological mother through some previously unrevealed DNA transference shenanigans.
    That's impossible short of time travel. Hank didn't know Janet until around two years after Nadia's birth (and Janet was very young at the time too, no older than 21). Which is why Maria was made Nadia's mother in the first place. They'd already had to de-age Nadia in comparison to her MCU counterpart Hope, who's in her 30s. But de-aging her enough to be Janet's kid would make her a preteen - and require an explanation for how she had a baby without it ever being mentioned before - so they had Hank's first wife be the birth mother and just had Janet adopt Nadia instead (Nadia taking Janet's surname is of course synergy to the movies, where Hope also uses the Van Dyne name).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That's impossible short of time travel. Hank didn't know Janet until around two years after Nadia's birth (and Janet was very young at the time too, no older than 21). Which is why Maria was made Nadia's mother in the first place. They'd already had to de-age Nadia in comparison to her MCU counterpart Hope, who's in her 30s. But de-aging her enough to be Janet's kid would make her a preteen - and require an explanation for how she had a baby without it ever being mentioned before - so they had Hank's first wife be the birth mother and just had Janet adopt Nadia instead (Nadia taking Janet's surname is of course synergy to the movies, where Hope also uses the Van Dyne name).
    It wouldn't stop the editors from trying. It would be cool for Nadia to have a variant named Hope that lived a different life with Hank and Jan. Same way having an older Nadia variant played by Hope's actress would be cool.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-15-2023 at 12:10 PM.

Ah. Thank you for this info!

Astonishing Member

Yes, but I think she means she's gotten to know him as best she can under the circumstances given that he is currently dead, by researching what material she has available and speaking to people who knew him.

Given that Hank was a very public figure as an Avenger and a scientist, she'll have a lot of material available to her to get to know him -- media coverage of the Avengers would have plenty of articles about him; interviews with him at press conferences; video footage of him in action. We know that he has video recordings in Avengers files. He has his published scientific works. Nadia probably has a lot more to work with in getting to know Hank than the average person does when trying to get to know a deceased relative or ancestor by going through old family photo albums and such.

You're right that its not the same as actually meeting and spending time with him....but that's not an option that is currently on the table for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Yes, but I think she means she's gotten to know him as best she can under the circumstances given that he is currently dead, by researching what material she has available and speaking to people who knew him.

Given that Hank was a very public figure as an Avenger and a scientist, she'll have a lot of material available to her to get to know him -- media coverage of the Avengers would have plenty of articles about him; interviews with him at press conferences; video footage of him in action. We know that he has video recordings in Avengers files. He has his published scientific works. Nadia probably has a lot more to work with in getting to know Hank than the average person does when trying to get to know a deceased relative or ancestor by going through old family photo albums and such.

You're right that its not the same as actually meeting and spending time with him....but that's not an option that is currently on the table for her.
    Again, I get that, and it sucks because I feel like they've drawn out Hank's death for far too long especially when in the MCU he actually does get to interact with his daughter and he wasn't around or there when she had to grapple with so much or revelations of what he did and not necesarilly understand how much he did to make up for it or how he felt about it.