Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, I want to see some Waspy Glory too!

I don't think Whirlwind has gotten to feel Jan's powerful stings! I wanna see it now, lol!
    spoilers:
    He gets it, right in the Achille's tendon.
    end of spoilers

Last page reveal:
    spoilers:
    The villain who sent him is Nadia's grandfather.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Wasp #1 was pretty good. The main villain is tied to both Janet and Nadia.
    "Cable was right!"

Cool bar for starters. Will make a nice hero hang out. A good first issue. Is Dave Cannon turning over a new leaf?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Cool bar for starters. Will make a nice hero hang out. A good first issue. Is Dave Cannon turning over a new leaf?
    As far as the Janet obsession...it sounded like it. But I do not want him to become some sort of good guy.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    He gets it, right in the Achille's tendon.
    end of spoilers

Last page reveal:
    spoilers:
    The villain who sent him is Nadia's grandfather.
    end of spoilers
    Wow to both spoilers!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Mighty Member

Look like Wasp's next appearance is in Avengers: Beyond. COME AND CHECK IT OUT!

AVENGERS BEYOND #2 (OF 5)
    DEREK LANDY (W) • GREG LAND (A/C) • Variant Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    As violence tears New York apart, and ordinary citizens become crazed, super-powered thugs with nothing but wanton destruction on their minds, Janet Van Dyne – A.K.A. the wonderfully winsome Wasp – fights to save not only the lives of her fellow heroes, but also a friendship. Which is not easy when that particular friend is trying to bash her head in.
    Join us for a story of nonstop action and relentless adventure that dares to ask the big questions, such as: How much punching is too much punching? The answer may surprise you.*
    *But it probably won’t.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

The removal of the skirt was no mistake it seems. The current solo has indeed adjusted her costume.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The #1 was sweet! Feels like a more straight-forward adventure, compared to the Ant-Man series. Kasia Nie's art is charming. Firmly on my pull

Hope in Quantumania looks a lot like Janet does in the current comics, don't you think?

spoilers:
    The first issue of Wasp was really cool. The two Wasps humiliated Whirlwind as they should. That'll teach that murdering scumbag. The flashbacks and connections were cool and I'm interested to see where they are going with a old villain from the past and it's connections with the Wasps. The superheroes are still banned in New York bar the Thunderbolts. I wonder how the street level heroes get around this. And finally the Avengers Lounge. I hope this bar becomes a staple location where Marvel's heroes come to mingle, relax, party, ect during numerous runs.
    end of spoilers

Hope in Quantumania looks a lot like Janet does in the current comics, don't you think?
    Yep. MCU Hope has been jacking Janet's look (as well as her overall role) since Movie One. She had Jan's signature bob hairstyle in AM1:
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Not in the second film though, where she had a ponytail. Janet never goes longer than collar length. Of course, Nadia's bob haircut is because that's what Hope had originally, as she's her actual comic counterpart.

But I meant the costume too, not just the hair. It's a much brighter yellow than her previous suits.

Looks very much like a wasp now.

I'll miss the skirt but glad Jan is appearing more.

Really trying to have Hope channel Jan to stand out more .

Not in the second film though, where she had a ponytail. Janet never goes longer than collar length. Of course, Nadia's bob haircut is because that's what Hope had originally, as she's her actual comic counterpart.

But I meant the costume too, not just the hair. It's a much brighter yellow than her previous suits.
    True about Janet's hair length in comics.

I agree, the costume is much brighter than the previous MCU suits and I like that.

Wasn't the prototype Wasp Suit seen at the end of AM, sort of like this one? It had yellow in it.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!