Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

The new Avengers lineup has been revealed, and no Janet (it's Carol, Tony, T'Challa, Sam Wilson, Thor, Scarlet Witch and Vision). I wonder then, will there be three books? Ewing can't have created that Avengers Lounge without a plan for it, so I'm thinking Jed McKay's main book, a new Uncanny (which will be launched on FCBD) and a new third title by Ewing, with Janet on that third team?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The new Avengers lineup has been revealed, and no Janet (it's Carol, Tony, T'Challa, Sam Wilson, Thor, Scarlet Witch and Vision). I wonder then, will there be three books? Ewing can't have created that Avengers Lounge without a plan for it, so I'm thinking Jed McKay's main book, a new Uncanny (which will be launched on FCBD) and a new third title by Ewing, with Janet on that third team?
    I somehow doubt Ewing's also doing an Avengers book - it's more likely he's doing an 'Ant-Man and the Wasp' book to follow the Ant-Man and Wasp miniseries.
    He's also quite busy - he's writing Venom and X-Men Red and a couple of unannounced indie books.

I think the Avengers Lounge is just Janet's new superhero base (along with Jarvis as a supporting character), with the proviso that it can be expanded into an Avengers New York HQ in a future Avengers run if a writer wants to.

Venom is co-written with Ram V, and X-Men Red will probably be done soon as the entire X line will probably relaunch after Fall of X in the summer. Plus, he did have four Marvel books at once at one point (U.S.Avengers, Ultimates2, Rocket and Royals). I wouldn't rule it out.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I have a question about Janet's Wasp stings.

I know that they are called Bio-electric blasts, based on the bioenergy normally generated in Janet's body and which increases as she grows smaller, allowing her to release the extra energy.

I noticed that Jessica Drew, the first Spider-Woman also has bio-electric blasts that she calls Venom Blasts. SW seems to be able to produce this extra energy without having to shrink in size, and they used to be colored green or yellow.

Are these the same thing? Whose bio-energy blasts are stronger? Has this ever been mentioned in-comic?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

I know that they are called Bio-electric blasts, based on the bioenergy normally generated in Janet's body and which increases as she grows smaller, allowing her to release the extra energy.

I noticed that Jessica Drew, the first Spider-Woman also has bio-electric blasts that she calls Venom Blasts. SW seems to be able to produce this extra energy without having to shrink in size, and they used to be colored green or yellow.

Are these the same thing? Whose bio-energy blasts are stronger? Has this ever been mentioned in-comic?
    I feel like Jessica's are stronger for some reason.

Ultimate Janet's stings were shown to leave bodies as husks when utilized at full-size rather than shrunken wasp size. Oh Ultimate-verse, so EXTREME.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Huh! That was interesting. I wonder what happened if she grew to giant size?

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Jessica's are stronger for some reason.
    Jessica's seem different (to me) than Jan's--maybe it is just the way they are drawn?

Miles has that too. At close range it's basically a one hit KO.

Miles has that too. At close range it's basically a one hit KO.
    So all three about the same power and same intensity?

Extraordinary Member

So all three about the same power and same intensity?
    They are all as powerful as the writer needs them for their stories.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Due to Janet using hers while shrunk, her bio-electric blasts offer more precision (they hit a smaller area). How much it hurts depends where the attack lands. It can cripple if it hits the right place. The spiders, on the other hand, are less precise, but can still stun their opponents with it. Miles's is usually shown to be the strongest, but that's likely just due to him using it as a melee attack instead of a ranged one.

Due to Janet using hers while shrunk, her bio-electric blasts offer more precision (they hit a smaller area). How much it hurts depends where the attack lands. It can cripple if it hits the right place. The spiders, on the other hand, are less precise, but can still stun their opponents with it. Miles's is usually shown to be the strongest, but that's likely just due to him using it as a melee attack instead of a ranged one.
    Thanks for the good explanation!

I am more familiar with Janet's powers, but have seen her stings do more and more prominently featured in the past than the present.

Jessica and Miles I have not followed as closely and am less familiar with their capabilities.

Liked issue 1. Hopefully they flesh out some more rogues for the Wasps with this series.
    Curious to see what Ewing has planned with Jan's bar. With McKay on the Avengers, I am wondering what series this book will spin-off into. I really hope it's an ongoing book and not merely an Ant-Man and the Wasp limited series to tie into the movie. That would still be great, but I'd much rather see Ewing craft another 50-issue epic with Jan like he did with Hulk. And I want to see Hank Pym come back, not some weird Nadia/Scott tie-in book.
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

Quantumania's out next month. The current Wasp series and the TPB version of the recent Ant-Man series serve as the movie's comic tie-ins.