Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    Liked issue 1. Hopefully they flesh out some more rogues for the Wasps with this series.
    They should bring back Kingsize. He is a Wasp foe that could do with some more appearances and backstory exploration.

Did Janet figure out Iron Man's secret identity early on? In Avengers War Across Time #2 she calls Tony and Hank Pym the scientists of the team. Tony corrects her and says he's just a bodyguard. Iron Man was supposed to know how to operate his own tech, but certainly wouldn't have been thought of as a scientist (hell, Tony would usually call himself an engineer instead). Did Janet realise that Tony was Iron Man? He did say something earlier, apparently being offended by Janet saying Avengers Mansion was musty and old, saying that she wasn't appreciating Stark's generosity.

It also turns out Janet knew Patsy Walker (who hadn't yet become Hellcat) even when Patsy was still at school. Maybe they were in the same socialite circles.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Did Janet figure out Iron Man's secret identity early on? In Avengers War Across Time #2 she calls Tony and Hank Pym the scientists of the team. Tony corrects her and says he's just a bodyguard. Iron Man was supposed to know how to operate his own tech, but certainly wouldn't have been thought of as a scientist (hell, Tony would usually call himself an engineer instead). Did Janet realise that Tony was Iron Man? He did say something earlier, apparently being offended by Janet saying Avengers Mansion was musty and old, saying that she wasn't appreciating Stark's generosity.

It also turns out Janet knew Patsy Walker (who hadn't yet become Hellcat) even when Patsy was still at school. Maybe they were in the same socialite circles.
    I think that's a bit of a continuity gaffe.

Yeah - Janet shouldn't think Iron Man knows any science unrelated to his armour until he reveals he's Tony Stark, which happened quite a bit later in the original silver age comics. The other Avengers didn't know he was Tony until long after Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver joined the team.

And she'd be unlikely to know Patsy until she becomes a superhero. Millie the Model is the humour comics character she would've already known back then, as Millie's job would put her in contact with a fashion designer like Janet. Patsy has no such connections.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Yeah - Janet shouldn't think Iron Man knows any science unrelated to his armour until he reveals he's Tony Stark, which happened quite a bit later in the original silver age comics. The other Avengers didn't know he was Tony until long after Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver joined the team.

And she'd be unlikely to know Patsy until she becomes a superhero. Millie the Model is the humour comics character she would've already known back then, as Millie's job would put her in contact with a fashion designer like Janet. Patsy has no such connections.
    I think there was a retcon about Hank knowing...I remember a story that he was shrunk down in one of the rooms when Iron Man walked in and took off his helmet because he thought he was alone.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Yikes, spoilers:
    good job Nadia doesn't have organic wings like Janet, otherwise she would've joined her stepmom in slumberland.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    So Iron Man isn't the only one who can get attacked by old suits...then again, Janet can rival him in the amount of looks she's gone through .

Also serious Nadia is serious !

It's quite possible that she thought anyone who could actually understand how to work that armor had to be a scientist. It's all high-tech and stuff, after all.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Iron Man isn't the only one who can get attacked by old suits...then again, Janet can rival him in the amount of looks she's gone through .

I am quite sure that Jan has many more, my good sir.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

spoilers:
    Her stepmom was just knocked out, of course she's pissed.
    end of spoilers

I just read issue 2 of Wasp's new mini.

spoilers:
    I don't know the full history of the enemies they are fighting. Whisper? They gave a brief explanation but for some reason I keep forgetting it. Well I wasn't focused on it. I was enjoying the mother/step-daughter interactions of Janet and Nadia which were very sweet. I also really enjoyed them fighting a swarm of fake robotish Wasp all in many of Janet's old costumes and she had enough for a swarm. That was very clever usage of Janet's numerous designer outfits and the two Wasp fought well. The ending had them get like evaporated right out of their clothes. But this is Wasp so they probably got shrunken down rather then vaporized on the spot. Curious to see what happens next.
    end of spoilers

Issue 2 was fun.

spoilers:
    I figured Whisper was a villian from Nadia's past series . It'spossible they were teleportated but being shunk feels more likely.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-16-2023 at 08:21 PM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Janet didn’t know until the 80’s, while she was in the middle of divorcing Hank, and Tony and Jan had gone out on a date.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I am quite sure that Jan has many more, my good sir.
    As she should! She’s a fashion designer!
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com