Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Yeah, if she hadn't been distracted I think she would have actually made short work of him.

Just a few more issues, and then hopefully she moves to better things. I'm wondering if her situation at the end of this issue will set her up to join another team book, spoilers:
    a kind of "work off your time" thing. And... it's this the first time Elektra's really been apprehended?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    She was brainwashed by SHIELD in that Pleasantville storyline a few years ago where all the villains thought they were someone else in Fifties style all American Town. Which didn't make any sense as it was not long after her last ongoing ended which had her working with Maria Hill. Can't remember what book it was in
    end of spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    spoilers:
    She was brainwashed by SHIELD in that Pleasantville storyline a few years ago where all the villains thought they were someone else in Fifties style all American Town. Which didn't make any sense as it was not long after her last ongoing ended which had her working with Maria Hill. Can't remember what book it was in
    end of spoilers.
    Ah, I vaguely remember that....

Heads up - while she's mentioned Elektra doesn't appear in this week's issue

Heads up - while she's mentioned Elektra doesn't appear in this week's issue
    So they hyped up a special variant cover of her for an issue she doesn't even appear in!

So Matt is going to be DD for the relaunch
    https://www.gamesradar.com/daredevil...his-september/
    This makes me a little bit more nervous for how this is going to end for Elektra. And also it's not the most exciting of premises that Ahmed is pitching.

Yeah.... we'll see how it goes. I have a feeling she'll survive Zdarsky's run, but get demoted to even more of a background player in the new run.

I'm still hoping she lands on another team book. It means she won't get a ton of spotlight, but writers like Pepose show they can still develop her character in such a setting

Elektra appears in 4 pages of Daredevil & Echo #1. And does nothing really.

Sounds about right

Daredevil #12 Preview
    https://www.previewsworld.com/NewRel...ate=06/07/2023
    Elektra is actually in this one and calling Matt out.

Ok... hoping for a good showing. Wouldn't mind if she's the one that kills Matt to send him on his little underworld journey (he's been very stubborn this run, I can see him forcing her hand because he can't see any other way)

Ok... hoping for a good showing. Wouldn't mind if she's the one that kills Matt to send him on his little underworld journey (he's been very stubborn this run, I can see him forcing her hand because he can't see any other way)
    I would actually howl if Matt just runs away and that is all we see of Elektra for the rest of the issue.

Still processing the new issue, but I'll say Elektra could be in an interesting position depending on how this all shakes out

Amazing Member

How do people feel with regards to Elektra being so tethered to Matt's character at the moment? Is there any hope she moves on from him again?

Also, is there a good spot to start reading Elektra solo stuff? I remember reading the DG Chichester run on Daredevil from the nineties and they were pushing and Elektra solo book in it but it had the same artist and writer as Daredevil and those stories were awful so I had no interest in reading their work with the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Apricot View Post
    How do people feel with regards to Elektra being so tethered to Matt's character at the moment? Is there any hope she moves on from him again?

Also, is there a good spot to start reading Elektra solo stuff? I remember reading the DG Chichester run on Daredevil from the nineties and they were pushing and Elektra solo book in it but it had the same artist and writer as Daredevil and those stories were awful so I had no interest in reading their work with the character.
    Generally we are hating Elektra being so tethered to him. I'm hoping for an escape soon and for her to ditch the DD costume and become her own woman again.
    As for good solo reads the Blackman/Del Mundo run from 2014 is amazing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Generally we are hating Elektra being so tethered to him. I'm hoping for an escape soon and for her to ditch the DD costume and become her own woman again.
    As for good solo reads the Blackman/Del Mundo run from 2014 is amazing IMO.
    Yeah, pretty much exactly this. If you want her in a team book, she's sporadically in Duggan's Savage Avengers run, and is a core cast member of Pepose's run