Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Generally we are hating Elektra being so tethered to him. I'm hoping for an escape soon and for her to ditch the DD costume and become her own woman again.
    As for good solo reads the Blackman/Del Mundo run from 2014 is amazing IMO.
    I honestly want her to go back to her look that showed up in the flashbacks of the latest issue. I am not a fan of the head band (I prefer the headwrap/scarf/bandana) she's been in for this whole run... though I prefer it over the DD suit.
    Screen Shot 2023-06-07 at 4.36.57 PM.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I honestly want her to go back to her look that showed up in the flashbacks of the latest issue. I am not a fan of the head band (I prefer the headwrap/scarf/bandana) she's been in for this whole run... though I prefer it over the DD suit.
    While I wouldn't mind a modified version of her DD look (minus the cowl), her classic is really hard to beat. Clean lines, instantly recognizable

Amazing Member

Generally we are hating Elektra being so tethered to him. I'm hoping for an escape soon and for her to ditch the DD costume and become her own woman again.
    As for good solo reads the Blackman/Del Mundo run from 2014 is amazing IMO.
    Thank you for the recommendation! I will give it a go!

I am curious to see where she will be at the end of this run with only two issues left to go. The next Daredevil run is said to be a more back to basics and though I’m not familiar with her solo stuff it seems a bit OOC for her to decide she wants to stay with Matt and partake in his civilian life in New York, something she’s only ever really expressed disdain for in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    While I wouldn't mind a modified version of her DD look (minus the cowl), her classic is really hard to beat. Clean lines, instantly recognizable
    I want her classic head scarf but with curly hair and I want the DD suit in the bin where it belongs. She can maybe wear trousers but have skin tight rather than baggy.

Still processing the new issue, but I'll say Elektra could be in an interesting position depending on how this all shakes out
    Read the book and yeah, if you're solely a Murdock fan you'd love this and think it was a great rep for Elektra. But to me it just sums up how far she has fallen as an individual character with her own agency. Everything is viewed through Matt, everything she does is to further/enrich his narrative. He's so proud that he's changed her and she doesn't have a killer instinct because of him. She kills him so HE can save the day. I wouldn't mind this so much if he we hadn't been completely robbed of her internal narration for so long. That Zdarsky hadn't kept pretending she was co-lead when she was anything but.

Read the book and yeah, if you're solely a Murdock fan you'd love this and think it was a great rep for Elektra. But to me it just sums up how far she has fallen as an individual character with her own agency. Everything is viewed through Matt, everything she does is to further/enrich his narrative. He's so proud that he's changed her and she doesn't have a killer instinct because of him. She kills him so HE can save the day. I wouldn't mind this so much if he we hadn't been completely robbed of her internal narration for so long. That Zdarsky hadn't kept pretending she was co-lead when she was anything but.
    Yeah... at first I was excited because Elektra was actually in the issue and had some action beats, but this issue was 100% a Matt wankfest at the detriment of Elektra as a character. It's still unbelievable how he fumbled what could have been an interesting look at the character after Devil's Reign

You can make the argument that this IS Matt's book so he should be the centre of attention. But there's no argument to support doing it at the diminishing of Elektra.

Don't think I've seen this Sienkiewicz piece before.

Don't think I've seen this Sienkiewicz piece before.
    I think it was for a gallery show of his. It's great though. I'm shocked there's never been an Elektra statue done/based on his art of her.

I think it was for a gallery show of his. It's great though. I'm shocked there's never been an Elektra statue done/based on his art of her.
    I can actually picture a statue based on this now, it would be perfect!

I can actually picture a statue based on this now, it would be perfect!
    It seemed like they were going to make one based on this but it never got produced.

I think the only statue of her based on an artist who drew her was this Frank Miller one, which actually looks pretty accurate to the cover it was designed off of.

Preview art from the upcoming DD relaunch. I like the art, and will give the writer the benefit of the doubt for now

https://www.reddit.com/r/Daredevil/c...t=share_button

Preview art from the upcoming DD relaunch. I like the art, and will give the writer the benefit of the doubt for now

I actually dont mind the art. It kind of has a Frank Miller quality to it with the use of blacks. It'll either look amazing with color or absolutely awful though. Wish she wasn't in this look though, especially with how those horns are drawn...

Goddamit I was hoping she'd be free. Although maybe that letter she is posting through is her DD resignation.

No Elektra in next week's preview but it does look stunning!
    https://monkeysfightingrobots.co/mar...-daredevil-13/