Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

More Elektra by Ed Benes. Now with added Psylocke.
    Screenshot_20230829_223059_Instagram.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

His style is certainly interesting

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    His style is certainly interesting
    read Simone's Birds of Prey for more of his "interesting" art.

So I've read DD #17 and, well, at least Elektra looked stunning. She finally does something and all she talks about is how Matthew changed her. She didn't bloody need changing! I liked the hint of the her old deadly self when she used a pointed sai to rip Butch's art work, but her agency feels well and truly stolen.
    And I just know they will have her fail or something awful will happen so Matt will come rushing in to save her and reclaim the DD mantle once his memory returns.
    What should be an exciting time for us Elektra fans instead feels empty and frustrating because so much has been taken from her to get her where she is now.

Well I've read the new #1. It's an interesting take with Ahmed continuing the religious angle from Zdarsky's run with Matt. I didn't mind Elektra getting possessed too much, I just hope we get some proper action with her and they continue her internal monologue.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Yeah the implied molestation has been ignored thankfully. Her psychic abilities come and go depending on who is writing her at the time. There's alot of DD for you to catch up on but some really great runs so you'll enjoy it. And then there's the Elektra series you can try out as well!
    WHEN will Elektra be freed from the onus of being a substitute Daredevil?

As far as great Elektra reads if one is going thru her history, DARK REIGN:ELEKTRA by Zeb Wells and Clay Mann is right up there with any of the classics.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

As far as great Elektra reads if one is going thru her history, DARK REIGN:ELEKTRA by Zeb Wells and Clay Mann is right up there with any of the classics.

This is one of my favourite Elektra stories. Fantastic art and writing. Zeb is a huge fan of Elektra and it shows.

Incredible Member

This is one of my favourite Elektra stories. Fantastic art and writing. Zeb is a huge fan of Elektra and it shows.
    Not even the stars are safe...

What's the general consensus about the Jennifer Garner portrayal of Elektra in the Elektra fandom? Or thoughts on the Elektra movie in general since we know Jennifer Garner will be returning in Deadpool 3.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    What's the general consensus about the Jennifer Garner portrayal of Elektra in the Elektra fandom? Or thoughts on the Elektra movie in general since we know Jennifer Garner will be returning in Deadpool 3.
    I thought she was alright, I enjoyed her performance though I think Elodie is better. I thought the film was bland and generic. If I remember correctly the opening sequence was lifted from one of Rob Rodi's Elektra comics which was the best part. It's been years since I watched it.

I thought she was alright, I enjoyed her performance though I think Elodie is better. I thought the film was bland and generic. If I remember correctly the opening sequence was lifted from one of Rob Rodi's Elektra comics which was the best part. It's been years since I watched it.
    It was better than Catwoman anyway. I didn't mind the movie at all. I find Garner to be decent as Elektra, moreso in the solo film than in Daredevil since she's given more to work with, but Elodie Young definitely had better material and felt less Americanized and sanitized. Although I do remember that Elodie saying that she sees Elektra as a sociopath was a bit controversial with fans.

She had the action chops but couldn't shake the "America's Sweetheart" vibes imo.

Elodie was better able to tap into Elektra's dark and melancholy nature

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

Love the story too! The art was great as well, though I hated that he drew Elektra barefoot the entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    She had the action chops but couldn't shake the "America's Sweetheart" vibes imo.

Elodie was better able to tap into Elektra's dark and melancholy nature

I agree with the "Girl Next Door" factor that Garner naturally embodies being an obstacle. The movie did her nor Elektra any favors by forcing some elements to the forefront of the plot that are influenced by other sources:
    - playing up Elektra's psychic kimagure powers because "Superheroes need powers" (X-Men, Spider-Man etc)
    - Elektra as the chosen one martial artist - for every generation there is a Treasure (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
    - they gave Elektra's sidekick a glowing gold braided rope weapon (Wonder Woman)

If Elodie Yung gets no love in the Multiverse Dance they are doing with characters for DEADPOOL3 and SECRET WARS, that will be criminal.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 09-28-2023 at 07:08 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.