Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    ...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    I'm swaying between hopeful it'll keep going and just has a skip month, to next month being the last, to being delusional about this book becoming the main Avengers book once Aaron wraps his run haha
    Great thread. I see I need to do a LOT of engagment/promotion for my blade thread cause of what you've put together here.

That being said. I can se you not using the "Queen of the Fist" title but wouldn't "Warrior of the Black sky" be a good epithet for here? Something less daredevil derivative?
    Other than that amazing job with the thread.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

BANNED
    http://www.fantomas-lives.com/fanto47.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Great thread. I see I need to do a LOT of engagment/promotion for my blade thread cause of what you've put together here.

That being said. I can se you not using the "Queen of the Fist" title but wouldn't "Warrior of the Black sky" be a good epithet for here? Something less daredevil derivative?
    Have to agree with the point about the title - it had me looking in that there was a change happening in DD like on Stange where she was taking on the title role.

I think the Black Sky title would be fairly poo-pooed by fans - it was a pretty weak narrative from the Netflix stuff that was more confusing than anything.

I think this is fine because she's still sometimes referred to as The Woman Without Fear in the Savage Avengers book. Our esteemed Vit created this thread, but I might have made it "Elektra: Savage Avenger" or left it just "Elektra: Assassin"

I'll have to check out your Blade thread - haven't read much of the character, but I've enjoyed him in the Midnight Suns game

Well, she's currently a Daredevil... Woman Without Fear fits. I prefer Assassin but the other two don't really match. Black Sky makes no sense as it never made sense even in the Netflix show. They didn't know what to do with it. It could have been cool but it was handled so poorly. Right now, as annoying as it is for all of us, she's a supporting character in Daredevil as his "wife". Maybe a new status quo will come that isn't death.

BANNED
    http://www.fantomas-lives.com/fanto47.htm

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    Well, she's currently a Daredevil... Woman Without Fear fits. I prefer Assassin but the other two don't really match. Black Sky makes no sense as it never made sense even in the Netflix show. They didn't know what to do with it. It could have been cool but it was handled so poorly. Right now, as annoying as it is for all of us, she's a supporting character in Daredevil as his "wife". Maybe a new status quo will come that isn't death.
    Well Well I guess I am behind on this title. I stopped buying the title somewhere in the Chris Samnee work but not for disliking the character but for my own personal expenses. Glad to see that Electra has moved on to a post assassin role as I found that didn't jibe with the whole rebirth in the early mythos. It sort of made her a female Punisher for a time and it was popular but seemed like it could get too complicated morality wise. Is she still an anti-hero? or has she gone over to being a good girl albeit a bad a--s one?

Quote Originally Posted by 4theEarth View Post
    Well Well I guess I am behind on this title. I stopped buying the title somewhere in the Chris Samnee work but not for disliking the character but for my own personal expenses. Glad to see that Electra has moved on to a post assassin role as I found that didn't jibe with the whole rebirth in the early mythos. It sort of made her a female Punisher for a time and it was popular but seemed like it could get too complicated morality wise. Is she still an anti-hero? or has she gone over to being a good girl albeit a bad a--s one?
    It really depends. It seems like she is conflicted at times. I wouldn't say she's bad but she walks a morally gray line that has teetered more towards the good side as of lately. Like all comics, she'll probably return to her status quo (an assassin or dead for a bit). Sort of what she started as and where she is now. With Savage Avengers future looking a little bleak, I'm not sure it'd make sense to have that as the title either.

I think the bigger issue with the appreciation threads is that they all are differently titled and formatted.

"HERO of The HOPELESS!" The Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff Appreciation 2023! should be Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff - "HERO of The HOPELESS!" Appreciation 2023
    Earth's Mightiest Heroes - The Avengers Appreciation 2023 should be The Avengers - Earth's Mightiest Heroes Appreciation 2023
    IMPERIUS REX! Namor the Sub-Mariner Appreciation 2023 should be Namor the Sub-Mariner - IMPERIUS REX! Appreciation 2023

I. With Savage Avengers future looking a little bleak, I'm not sure it'd make sense to have that as the title either.
    More than fair - I'm just never giving up on that "title" now that she's basically a legacy member of this nascent branding haha

I don't think any of us hold a great love for it, but the Elektra movie came out 18 years ago today (I feel so old)

Astonishing Member

I don't think any of us hold a great love for it, but the Elektra movie came out 18 years ago today (I feel so old)
    Considering the movie that it spun off from, I guess you really can't be surprised by how it came out. And while I personally think the tv show did a much better job with her personality and I had less of a problem with their version of The Hand, it was still messier and more convoluted than I would've liked (although I didn't have a huge problem with the whole Black Sky angle).
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Considering the movie that it spun off from, I guess you really can't be surprised by how it came out. And while I personally think the tv show did a much better job with her personality and I had less of a problem with their version of The Hand, it was still messier and more convoluted than I would've liked (although I didn't have a huge problem with the whole Black Sky angle).
    Yeah, having to follow the DD movie and being so rushed did not help. I don't think Garner was the best casting, but she was such an it action girl at the time... and they gave her and marvel's deadliest assassin some of the worst fight choreography put to screen lol

(Double post so I will switch to Appreciating Elodie Yung's performance in DAREDEVIL. A shame to lose her for BORN AGAIN Revival.)

Last edited by Thirteen; 01-14-2023 at 01:38 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

I think the Black Sky title would be fairly poo-pooed by fans - it was a pretty weak narrative from the Netflix stuff that was more confusing than anything.

I think this is fine because she's still sometimes referred to as The Woman Without Fear in the Savage Avengers book. Our esteemed Vit created this thread, but I might have made it "Elektra: Savage Avenger" or left it just "Elektra: Assassin"
    ELEKTRA:Assassin "Not even the stars are safe in the sky."
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, having to follow the DD movie and being so rushed did not help. I don't think Garner was the best casting, but she was such an it action girl at the time... and they gave her and marvel's deadliest assassin some of the worst fight choreography put to screen lol
    You aren't kidding. And while I haven't read every Elektra/Hand story ever, I really hated how they gave a pretty boy face to Kirigi and gave him superhuman speed or whatever they gave him.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    (Double post so I will switch to Appreciating Elodie Yung's performance in DAREDEVIL. A shame to lose her for BORN AGAIN Revival.)

I thought she was amazing in Daredevil Season 2 but they really didn't use her properly in The Defenders. I think the whole "we need to go back to K'un-Lun" aspect was unnecessary. They needed to show (and not tell) why the Black Sky was important and what purpose it served. Especially after the confusing reference to it in Season 1. I think Sigourney Weaver's character should have been The Beast who was stuck in a dying body and had no way to get out so the Black Sky was the last way to keep The Hand from accomplishing the destruction of cities/the world. In the actual series, we just saw her be a little faster and a little stronger...

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    ELEKTRA:Assassin "Not even the stars are safe in the sky."
    This line has been overused I think...
    Last edited by vitaminbee; 01-14-2023 at 02:56 PM.

Astonishing Member

I thought she was amazing in Daredevil Season 2 but they really didn't use her properly in The Defenders. I think the whole "we need to go back to K'un-Lun" aspect was unnecessary. They needed to show (and not tell) why the Black Sky was important and what purpose it served. Especially after the confusing reference to it in Season 1. I think Sigourney Weaver's character should have been The Beast who was stuck in a dying body and had no way to get out so the Black Sky was the last way to keep The Hand from accomplishing the destruction of cities/the world. In the actual series, we just saw her be a little faster and a little stronger...
    Yeah, I really wasn't a fan of how they connected The Hand/The Chaste with Kun Lun and the IF mythos. I mean, just because they both use martial arts means that they're all from the same place? That's your logic?

I honestly thought the character was used fine throughout. It's just how they intertwined that with The Hand is where things could've been better.

Also, man, Elodie really owned every scene she was in on both DD and Defenders. Especially (but not exclusively) the fight scenes.
    Last edited by phonogram12; 01-15-2023 at 01:09 PM.